The General Ross County Chat Thread

I've just had a look at the plans now. Generally, I'm quite delighted with the proposals. They look as good as can be reasonably expected.

However, a couple of comments:

1. I'd feel a little exposed, and a bit (more) of a dork, sitting in one of the seats that join the current east stand with the new east-south enclosure.
  2. The design statement details removing columns in the jail end, for a better view. The columns are still shown in the general plans. Which is it, a bit of both?

I can't be bothered looking at it again right now, but I was sure it was a case of almost halving the amount of columns. (9 down to 5 or something like that).

I was under the impression that the extension to the East Stand will blend in with the existing structure and be barely noticable, much like the extensions to the West Stand a decade ago.

Will the Jailend still be the 'home' end? It will seem a bit stange when there are 25 away fans who have the luxury of the new spacious stand, while the County fans are packed like sardines in the crumbling old Jailend.

I wonder if Scotrail will be persuaded to time some trains with kick off and full time if we go up? They could be losing out on a lot of fares if they keep the current timetable with no trains until after 7pm on a Saturday.

I was under the impression that the extension to the East Stand will blend in with the existing structure and be barely noticable, much like the extensions to the West Stand a decade ago.

Will the Jailend still be the 'home' end? It will seem a bit stange when there are 25 away fans who have the luxury of the new spacious stand, while the County fans are packed like sardines in the crumbling old Jailend.

I wonder if Scotrail will be persuaded to time some trains with kick off and full time if we go up? They could be losing out on a lot of fares if they keep the current timetable with no trains until after 7pm on a Saturday.

Thats a decent shout, maybe only for the bigger games, but you'd think it would be worth their while? Admittedly I don't know much about the cost implications of any of that. I hope they do, would certainly make it more appealing to a few folk looking to make games.

There is a train from Kyle to Inverness that stops at Dingwall at 4.38pm on a Saturday. Surely it wouldn't be too much hassle to put that service back by 20/30 mins so football fans could use that service?

As a regular user of Stagecoach's shambolic bus service, I would certainly appreciate the option of paying a few extra quid to get back to Inverness.

I was told that due to crowd logistics, we would stay as is.

I assume it might be to do with us having to go behind the Jailend to get to the East Stand. Keeping the away support behind the other goal maintains a small level of segregation (kind of).

Comment on Daily Record story about stadium plans:

GazFFC?

Anyway, story is here.

The Daily Record (paragon of virtue) seems to to share my source.

I'm told that the SPL will not let Hibs be relegated.

It seems to me that the only way my dear highland chums will see SPL football this year is to start by playing two rounds of fixtures at a compliant stadium.

It seems to me that the only way my dear highland chums will see SPL football this year is to start by playing two rounds of fixtures at a compliant stadium.

Our stadium will be superior to yours. This must be hard to accept but you will have to over-time come to accept.

Comment on Daily Record story about stadium plans:

Anyway, story is here.

First Division leaders Ross County have less than seven weeks left to prove to the SPL Victoria Park will meet top-tier stadium criteria.

The ground has a capacity of 6310 of which only 2800 are seated but the SPL demands a minimum of 6000 seats.

It is understood a planning application for the replacement of the standing Jail End with a new stand have been lodged with Highland Council but County directors refused to return calls yesterday.

They may have to enter a temporarily ground-sharing agreement with Inverness.

SPL communications director Natalie Duncan said: “March 31 is the deadline.”

In November County chairman Roy McGregor claimed Victoria Park could be brought up to SPL standard “within 10-12 weeks”.

That'll be fine & dandy, just so long as ICT are still an SPL side, "primacy of tenure" & all that. ;)

I'm sure there are stands that could be built in 10-12 weeks, just sitting on the shelf. :rolleyes:

That'll be fine & dandy, just so long as ICT are still an SPL side, "primacy of tenure" & all that. ;)

I'm sure there are stands that could be built in 10-12 weeks, just sitting on the shelf. :rolleyes:

Or already designed, and being fabricated by a company owned by the chairman...

Or already designed, and being fabricated by a company owned by the chairman...

I've no problem with that. The Redevelopment would have to be completed & signed off, by March 31, before you can start the new season in Dingwall.

Otherwise, like ICT, you'll have ½ a season of rentals, to an SPL club, to pay as well.

No doubt I'll see how things are coming along on the 17th. Just a bit disappointing that we won't be able to sit in the new stand, like Staggies fans were able to, when we went up in 2005.

Edited by kiddy

I've no problem with that. The Redevelopment would have to be completed & signed off, by March 31, before you can start the new season in Dingwall.

Otherwise, like ICT, you'll have ½ a season of rentals, to an SPL club, to pay as well.

Why, exactly, does it have to be one or the other?

I do believe the board will have all the plans put in place for 31/3/12, for work to start in the summer. They are clearly working under the impression that this will be acceptable. In doing so, I trust that the club officials have been in dialogue with the SPL.

Unless, you know something that everyone else doesn't know...

:ph34r:

Anyone seen McMenamin trolling* Rangers fans on Twitter? The outrage is fantastic. They want him sacked FFS.

*Alright he's probably not trolling but it's amusing to see people frothing at the mouth over the comments.

Why, exactly, does it have to be one or the other?

I do believe the board will have all the plans put in place for 31/3/12, for work to start in the summer. They are clearly working under the impression that this will be acceptable. In doing so, I trust that the club officials have been in dialogue with the SPL.

Unless, you know something that everyone else doesn't know...

:ph34r:

The NS at the Bairnabeu had to be constructed & safety certs in place for March 31. That's why County fans were able to sit in it, on 9th April 2005.

Prior to this, on winning the league in 2003, neither the Shyberry nor Murrayfield were deemed acceptable accomodation. This was due to not having "primacy of tenure" over the fracilities.

In other words, those who were ground sharing weren't members of the SPL at that time. As was then illustrated during ICT's arrangement with the Dons, & Gretna with Motherwell.

My information is that the SPL will protect Hibs.

If it eventually comes to a vote I can foresee only one club who might vote for Ross County.

Didn't you have "information" a few months back that Grant Munro was defiantely going to rejoin ICT in January? :rolleyes:

The higher-ups at ICT are desperate for County to join them in the SPL. Especially with there being a possible 6 months rent to be earned from Uncle Roy as well as the increasing possiblity that there will no longer 6,000 loyal Invernesian gers fans to fill the TCS twice a season.

Dunfermline are almost certain to finish 12th anyway, so I don't think there will be any need to "protect" Hibs

Didn't you have "information" a few months back that Grant Munro was defiantely going to rejoin ICT in January? :rolleyes:

The higher-ups at ICT are desperate for County to join them in the SPL. Especially with there being a possible 6 months rent to be earned from Uncle Roy as well as the increasing possiblity that there will no longer 6,000 loyal Invernesian gers fans to fill the TCS twice a season.

Dunfermline are almost certain to finish 12th anyway, so I don't think there will be any need to "protect" Hibs

If you can find a quote to that effect on Grant Munro (a star player in the 1st division) I'll perhaps defer ... or maybe I'll be defiant and claim "out of context"

As for the rest of your missive, I'll put that down to the stress of being out of the cup due to an extraordinary team selection and the stress of staying in front of bigger clubs in the league.

But I'll give you this, you are correct in suspecting that highland derbies would be a good thing for both teams.

After all, the festive double header against Brora Rangers was a big thing in the far north in the not so dim and distant.

Christ, at least proper trolls get some funny reactions/responses... this Stephen Fry type "your man-servant is of a more disgusting ethnicity than my own" pseudo-intellectual bollocks just grates.

Been planning ground for years, companies involved are good at building stuff, all easy.

Don't care about cup, care about league, need give players games. Done that, focus on league now so new ground not pointless. Not so easy, but on it.

ICT didn't have highland league double-headers as they're a plastic franchise with dull fans who sound like somethin out the Dickensian era. Now go about your day! That means "f**k off cunto" in dickensian.

Edited by dingdong1929

The NS at the Bairnabeu had to be constructed & safety certs in place for March 31. That's why County fans were able to sit in it, on 9th April 2005.

Prior to this, on winning the league in 2003, neither the Shyberry nor Murrayfield were deemed acceptable accomodation. This was due to not having "primacy of tenure" over the fracilities.

In other words, those who were ground sharing weren't members of the SPL at that time. As was then illustrated during ICT's arrangement with the Dons, & Gretna with Motherwell.

I think you're missing the point here. No-one was disputing the fact that should we have to ground-share with anyone, it would be ICT. The arrangements are as follows: Should we be promoted, we will redevelop our ground over the summer in time for the beginning of the new season. Groundsharing with ICT will be listed as the contingency plan should the stadium not be ready in time for the new season. If that were to happen, we would then move back to VP as soon as the redevelopment was done and safety cert recieved, much in the exact same way as ICT did with Aberdeen, only with 120 miles less in the whole equation.

In summary:

1. Build new stands and install USH.

2. If they're not ready for in time for the new season, we groundshare with ICT.

3. If we groundshare, we move home as soon as redevelopment is complete.

I'm not sure where you're struggling with this?

Edited by Spain

I think you're missing the point here. No-one was disputing the fact that should we have to ground-share with anyone, it would be ICT. The arrangements are as follows: Should we be promoted, we will redevelop our ground over the summer in time for the beginning of the new season. Groundsharing with ICT will be listed as the contingency plan should the stadium not be ready in time for the new season. If that were to happen, we would then move back to VP as soon as the redevelopment was done and safety cert recieved, much in the exact same way as ICT did with Aberdeen, only with 120 miles less in the whole equation.

In summary:

1. Build new stands and install USH.

2. If they're not ready for in time for the new season, we groundshare with ICT.

3. If we groundshare, we move home as soon as redevelopment is complete.

I'm not sure where you're struggling with this?

It appears to be you that's struggling to grasp the dealings of the SPL, along with Mr McGregor, not me.

chairman Roy MacGregor, who ruled out talk of a possible need to groundshare with Inverness Caledonian Thistle if work isn’t completed in time

“We have just reapplied to have our planning permission renewed and if we are in a position to go up we can install everything within about 10 weeks.

By March 31st you have to be able to prove either,

A:- All construction has been completed & signed off.

Or

B (1):- You need an agreement in place to ground share with an SPL club, As both Gretna & ICT did.

You seem to be taking it for granted that ICT will be an SPL club next season. If not, your next nearest port of call would be Perth or Aberdeen.

&

B(2):- If you start the season at said rented ground, it will be ½ a season before you can return home. So none of your opponents are disadvantaged. (As ICT did)