The General Ross County Chat Thread

Question: What would the situation be if County were to be promoted this season? Still early days I know, but I'm curious. Would fans be allowed in the standing areas for SPL mathces or would seating have to be installed asap? Good luck to yous btw, hope you go up.

the club has said it is ready to put seating into the 2 ends behind the goals where the terracing is

The alternative is what? Refuse to put in seating and expect that a group of SPL chairmen whose clubs mostly paid huge sums to install their own seating will make an exception in the interests of football?

Didn't say there was an alternative. Just disappointing.

Regarding Russell Duncan. I think he will be an important player come January / February when the pitches get heavy and games become more of a battle. The fact that he is now starting to get minutes at the end of games is pretty much his pre-season I would say.

As for the stadium reconstruction if we were to get to wint he league.

We were told at the start of the seasont hat planning permission is all in place - it has been for several years now.

The terrace at the away end would be turned into a stand, the football academy behind it, was built at the time ready for a stand to bolt onto it, so the work is partly done.

There is also some work to do at the Jailend - it was mentioned a two tier stand, but not sure exactly how it would look.

The terrace next to the East Stand would also be seated.

All this work would take 12 weeks we've been told.

I guess we'd need the undersoil heating too, although there was talk of the rule changing to pitch protection and covers may well be sufficient in future seasons.

Anyway, we're ahead of ourselves here. There is still 23 games to go.. and at present we need at least another 21 wins and a draw before we can talk about it !

Regarding Russell Duncan. I think he will be an important player come January / February when the pitches get heavy and games become more of a battle. The fact that he is now starting to get minutes at the end of games is pretty much his pre-season I would say.

As for the stadium reconstruction if we were to get to wint he league.

We were told at the start of the seasont hat planning permission is all in place - it has been for several years now.

The terrace at the away end would be turned into a stand, the football academy behind it, was built at the time ready for a stand to bolt onto it, so the work is partly done.

There is also some work to do at the Jailend - it was mentioned a two tier stand, but not sure exactly how it would look.

The terrace next to the East Stand would also be seated.

All this work would take 12 weeks we've been told.

I guess we'd need the undersoil heating too, although there was talk of the rule changing to pitch protection and covers may well be sufficient in future seasons.

Anyway, we're ahead of ourselves here. There is still 23 games to go.. and at present we need at least another 21 wins and a draw before we can talk about it !

Thanks TJE ~ * navigates away to amend signature * ~ I agree that we can expect to see much more of Duncan and others, within Del's master-plan to keep up the standard over the whole season.

Has anyone on here actually seen the drawings for the re-developent? Spain or TJE maybe..?

I haven't actually seen them no, but I'm lead to believe that the new stand will be designed to be built onto the side of the academy. It was applied for as part of the same application for the academy, which means that because the project has been started (by building the academy), planning never expires. I think TJE knows more about it than I do though.

I'm sure Spain can knock up a copy of the plans using Paint :ph34r:

:D On commission perhaps...

An update on this, because I was asking the questions yesterday.

The stand against the HFA won't be a simple straight forward single stand, apparently it would extend round the corner and join the West Stand. A low level terrace will extend towards the East Stand also, similar to the conversion that the current East Stand terrace will get. With that, and the seating being put in the Jailend, it would certainly look completely different at Victoria Park.

Also, with regards to swapping the Away support to the Jailend, apparently this isn't going to happen due to crowd logistics.

• 2 months later...

Blast from the past.

I was thinking (as I do from time to time) about the fixture pile-up. It looks brutal on paper but I think the squad can handle it, to an extent.

If we take this as the first choice team at the moment:

Fraser

Miller Boyd Munro Morrison

Brittain Kettlewell Lawson Vigurs

Gardyne

McMenamin

A "second XI" for some games could be:

Fraser

McNamee Flynn Munro (or Boyd) Fitzpatrick

Corcoran Quinn Duncan Cooper

Byrne Morrow

That still leaves Craig as an option up front.

Not a weak team on paper.

If County are playing "Sat-Tue/Wed-Sat" then it's plausible that we see certain players rotated. Perhaps Adams was using the Saint Mirren game to experiment?

... I think the squad can handle it, to an extent.

A "second XI" for some games could be:

Fraser

McNamee Flynn Munro (or Boyd) Fitzpatrick

Corcoran Quinn Duncan Cooper

Byrne Morrow

That still leaves Craig as an option up front.

Not a weak team on paper.

If County are playing "Sat-Tue/Wed-Sat" then it's plausible that we see certain players rotated. Perhaps Adams was using the Saint Mirren game to experiment?

Wholesale changes unlikely but Del should be looking out for players losing a bit of sharpness - and slipping in replacements before they have a poor game. This will be a challenge to any manager's abilities, so it will be interesting to see how he judges it and how well it works out.

It takes a good squad to win a league. While the first half of the season's regulars may get grumpy about it, at least we know the people champing at the bit to come in will want to grab the opportunity.

I think it is a brave decision to rest Munro or Boyd in particular. Indeed the whole Back Four shouldn't see more than one change at a time. But I think Flynn should now start to be getting a little game time as a sub where possible. Trouble is that all the others would also benefit from game time!

But it is great to have the problem of these choices, and not have to rely entirely on a limited squad.

Wholesale changes unlikely but Del should be looking out for players losing a bit of sharpness - and slipping in replacements before they have a poor game. This will be a challenge to any manager's abilities, so it will be interesting to see how he judges it and how well it works out.

It takes a good squad to win a league. While the first half of the season's regulars may get grumpy about it, at least we know the people champing at the bit to come in will want to grab the opportunity.

I think it is a brave decision to rest Munro or Boyd in particular. Indeed the whole Back Four shouldn't see more than one change at a time. But I think Flynn should now start to be getting a little game time as a sub where possible. Trouble is that all the others would also benefit from game time!

But it is great to have the problem of these choices, and not have to rely entirely on a limited squad.

Could argue that yesterday featured 5 squad players; Morrison, Corcoran, Craig, Byrne and Morrow, with only Craig having a poor game. In his defense he was out of position against an SPL side. Agree entirely with your post, and am expecting to see subtle tinkering and rotation over the next month or two. All very exciting :)

I have nothing to do today and have an awful migraine, so here's the next two months (not including a potential Scottish Cup QF + replay in March) in terms of fixtures.

post-7081-0-58145900-1328536163_thumb.jp

post-7081-0-35005700-1328536185_thumb.jp

A Scottish Cup QF (and replay) would see County play seven matches in March (potentially 8 depending on when the Hamilton game would be rearranged for).

13 weeks to go and at the moment there is 18 games to fit in. It looks fairly daunting on paper.

I have nothing to do today and have an awful migraine, so here's the next two months (not including a potential Scottish Cup QF + replay in March) in terms of fixtures.

post-7081-0-58145900-1328536163_thumb.jp

post-7081-0-35005700-1328536185_thumb.jp

A Scottish Cup QF (and replay) would see County play seven matches in March (potentially 8 depending on when the Hamilton game would be rearranged for).

13 weeks to go and at the moment there is 18 games to fit in. It looks fairly daunting on paper.

March sounds worse than it is because of the way the weekends land. Only one midweek game all month at the moment isn't bad. Could really do without the cup though :ph34r: