Callachan
Tillson
Akio
Hiwula

Renew
Iacovitti
Cancola
Samuel

Can’t imagine Hiwula will be around as he wasn’t even trusted to be on the bench yesterday.  Callachan will be given a chance to rehab, but can see him not being a County player by next January.   Would think Iacovitti will be in demand and will move on after only signing a one-year deal last year.   Sims looked like he was making a point to Mackay in his celebration and I think he’ll be moving on.  I still have no idea if he’s any good or not.  Dom Samuel left the club several months ago.   

Alex Samuel is an interesting one because Malky Mackay was looking to punt him in January.  Another one who I’m not sure is good enough but not sure if he isn’t either.

On that note, I assume there isn’t going to be a POTY this year?   My vote would be 1. Dhanda 2. Laidlaw 3. Iacovitti.   YPOTY Harmon.

Players in: centre back, right back, central midfielder, winger, forward.   Sigh.   As per usual.

Edited by Savage Henry

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Alex Samuel is an interesting one because Malky Mackay was looking to punt him in January.  Another one who I’m not sure is good enough but not sure if he isn’t either.

He reminded me a bit of Curtis Main yesterday. A battering ram of a forward. The odd time I've seen him before I thought he was poor.

Based solely on yesterday I'd be happy if St Mirren took a punt on him, but he's another one who seems very injury prone.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Alex Samuel is an interesting one because Malky Mackay was looking to punt him in January.  Another one who I’m not sure is good enough but not sure if he isn’t either

Thought he was pretty poor yesterday but that's the only time I've seen him. He looks grossly out of shape. The type of boy who is in the gym constantly and just snorts mass gainer powder. He needs to lean down considerably.

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Thought he was pretty poor yesterday but that's the only time I've seen him. He looks grossly out of shape. The type of boy who is in the gym constantly and just snorts mass gainer powder. He needs to lean down considerably.

He was utterly mince when he was slimmer. Just got brushed off the ball by other players.

Our player of the year should only have five players even considered for it: Dhanda, Laidlaw, Iacovitti, Harmon and possibly Jordan White.

Surely hiwula was injured as he definitely would’ve been on the bench yesterday otherwise, as for sims celebrations I wouldn’t read too much into it as he has another year left, hearing iacovitti is definitely gone but also heard the exact same this time last year then we offered him more money and he stayed.

Gonna be a considerable rebuild even just considering the loan players we’ve lost, would definitely be looking to get brophy and G.Edwards back , kenneh was extremely meh so not so worried about him, stones and O.Edwards had their positive points but I don’t think we need them. Would assume akio will be away whether it’s loan or permanent 

Purrington and Harmon is an interesting one as they should both be in our starting 11 but I just don’t know how we’d manage that, maybe Harmon as a wide midfielder? Or purrington as a left centre half?

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

Purrington and Harmon is an interesting one as they should both be in our starting 11 but I just don’t know how we’d manage that, maybe Harmon as a wide midfielder? Or purrington as a left centre half?

Purrington is definitely better physically than Randall as a full back covering in a back three. As Iacovitti is most likely gone (doubt he fancies another relegation slog) I'm not too bothered with him stepping in there. We are still massively short on decent CB cover with Watson absolutely done and Smith looking nervous under pressure in recent games.

I think we're in a better place, squad wise, this preseason than we were last year.

I definitely feel Purrington will play LCH if Iacovitti leaves. I'm slightly disappointed that we didn't go for Deas but I've been very impressed with Smith & the prospect of him getting a good run in the team. It goes without saying but he looks so comfortable in the first team, it's mental to think he's only 16.

On 05/06/2023 at 17:55, houston_bud said:

He reminded me a bit of Curtis Main yesterday. A battering ram of a forward. The odd time I've seen him before I thought he was poor.

Based solely on yesterday I'd be happy if St Mirren took a punt on him, but he's another one who seems very injury prone.

The thought of replacing Curtis Main with Alex Samuel puts me into a cold sweat.

He's probably League 1 level....in Scotland. Maybe Falkirk would be interested?

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The thought of replacing Curtis Main with Alex Samuel puts me into a cold sweat.

He's probably League 1 level....in Scotland. Maybe Falkirk would be interested?

Nah, he's better than that now he's bulked up. Just has absolutely zero goals in him. Just a big arse that annoys defenders.

I hope we keep Alex Samuel he’s not a goalscorer but he brings something completely different to the forward line, just causes absolute chaos , could do with another striker to compete with Murray , White , Samuel ,(hiwula?) next season , ideally brophy but we shall see what happens

12 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

I hope we keep Alex Samuel he’s not a goalscorer but he brings something completely different to the forward line, just causes absolute chaos , could do with another striker to compete with Murray , White , Samuel ,(hiwula?) next season , ideally brophy but we shall see what happens

I enjoyed Josh Stones running around like an absolute lunatic. No sure if there's any form of a player there, mind.

If we aren't working on a way to build a team round his passing range for next season then I'd be....not surprised at all.

Anyone with a reasonable guess for how long season ticket renewals are guaranteed to the current seat holders? Until the end of the early bird window (i.e. this Friday at 12 noon)? There's no communication about that as far as I can see. 

You see, the fans have been most vocal on the subject of the mutual consent statement.

"Where is the mutual consent statement?" "When are we going to get the mutual consent statement?" "Why aren't we getting the mutual consent statement now?" And so on. 

So please, the mutual consent statement.

1 hour ago, Forfinn said:

You see, the fans have been most vocal on the subject of the mutual consent statement.

"Where is the mutual consent statement?" "When are we going to get the mutual consent statement?" "Why aren't we getting the mutual consent statement now?" And so on. 

I believe the mutual consent statement will be released shortly.

And it will say - "Management team renew their contracts by MUTUAL CONSENT"

13 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Anyone with a reasonable guess for how long season ticket renewals are guaranteed to the current seat holders? Until the end of the early bird window (i.e. this Friday at 12 noon)? There's no communication about that as far as I can see. 

I've no idea, but seem to remember a letter being sent with renewal advice.  If I go onto the ticket sales page on Saturday and my seat of 15 years is for sale I wont be impressed 😂

1 hour ago, Forfinn said:

Given the interview Roy gave post match where he lauded the strength of the management team I think its very wishful thinking.