The General Ross County Chat Thread

13 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s a player there, no question.  Technique still needs a lot of work, but there’s no doubting his effort and his intelligence.  His brother is utterly out of his depth though, and a bit of a piece of work.  

Genuinely had no idea those guys were brothers. 

Feeling slightly confident that County will stay up after the win yesterday. 2nd half County took control. Yan Dhanda is a quality player! He will no doubt move to a much bigger club next season. Dhanda is a class act. 

Dundee Utd away next. I'm going to that match, play like they did yesterday I can see another win!

Best part of the season now, proper close relegation battle. Excellent, especially if County stay up. 

Watching the Partick vs Queens Park game.  Both teams are comically bad, and I’d more than fancy our chances in a playoff.  I’m watching for players County could sign for next season.  The only one I’d really consider on this showing is McMillan, the Partick right back.  

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Watching the Partick vs Queens Park game.  Both teams are comically bad, and I’d more than fancy our chances in a playoff.  I’m watching for players County could sign for next season.  The only one I’d really consider on this showing is McMillan, the Partick right back.  

Queens have shipped 9 in there last 2 games and scored 6. Bonkers.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m watching for players County could sign for next season.  The only one I’d really consider on this showing is McMillan, the Partick right back.  

Not on tonight’s showing but I’d take Tiffoney from Partick , Savoury and Thomas from Queen’s Park.

I also think we should’ve kept a hold of Brian Graham he’d of scored far more for us this season than the current incumbent’s 

I like Brian Graham as a player, but his record in the top flight for us was about ten goals in forty plus games. He's an intelligent player who's just about good enough for the top flight but stands out in the second tier.

Edited by Comrie

10 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I like Brian Graham as a player, but his record in the top flight for us was about ten goals in forty plus games. He's an intelligent player who's just about good enough for the top flight but stands out in the second tier.

We’ve got about 9 of them as it is now. 

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

I reckon Brian Graham would be completely anonymous in the Prem.  He's a good guy, and works hard but is at Partick Thistle for good reason.

9 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Blackburn, Birmingham city & Ipswich rumoured to be looking at Dhanda.

Not a surprise really, hopefully get a decent amount in for him.

Plus again raises our profile for ooc players coming here and putting themselves in the shop window.

They’ll get a minimal fee. Softball every time.   Imagine watching that team for a season without Dhanda.  

Should be expecting a good fee for Dhanda, would be very sad to see him leave but we are a club that needs to sell the odd player here and there to keep things ticking over , is over 500k and up to 1 million really unreasonable in todays market considering his age and contract length as well as his past experience 

2 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Should be expecting a good fee for Dhanda, would be very sad to see him leave but we are a club that needs to sell the odd player here and there to keep things ticking over , is over 500k and up to 1 million really unreasonable in todays market considering his age and contract length as well as his past experience 

Yes.  No chance we get more for him than Boyce.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

They’ll get a minimal fee. Softball every time.   Imagine watching that team for a season without Dhanda.  

The Ross Stewart transfer is the first time I've been impressed with our dealings. 500k for a guy out of contract in the summer. We've already received another 6 figure fee for Sunderland getting promoted and are due another 6 figure fee in the summer for them staying up this season. 

Dhanda has 2 years left so I'd be hoping we could get 750k+

EDIT: I see he only signed a 2 year deal so 500k is probably more realistic.

Edited by staggy4life

1 hour ago, staggy4life said:

Dhanda has 2 years left so I'd be hoping we could get 750k+

EDIT: I see he only signed a 2 year deal so 500k is probably more realistic.

I also thought that was the case for some reason. As you’ve said anything over 500k is very unrealistic if he’s only got a year left