The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 26/04/2023 at 12:58, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'd love him back at Livi, big man wee man combo alomgside Anderson, as we're likely losing Nouble and Guthrie is nowhere near as good as White.

Genuinely couldn't stand him the first time around, felt like he was a big lazy bugger that seemed to be unable to head a ball. Not sure I'd be too keen on him coming back either

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Genuinely couldn't stand him the first time around, felt like he was a big lazy bugger that seemed to be unable to head a ball. Not sure I'd be too keen on him coming back either

Yeah he split the support, some loved him and some not so much, i thought he was always a handful, and would be just the kind of partner we're looking for with Anderson. Gives it his all too, and would score a few goals.

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

One word I would not use to describe White is lazy. Despite lacking the turn of pace of his contemporaries he is definitely not lazy, works his socks off every game.

3 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

One word I would not use to describe White is lazy. Despite lacking the turn of pace of his contemporaries he is definitely not lazy, works his socks off every game.

Yep, also never got this idea he couldn't jump and win headers, he most certainly can. Scored one against us this season but it was ruled offside.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

24 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, also never got this idea he couldn't jump and win headers, he most certainly can. Scored one against us this season but it was ruled offside.

Agreed, if you put the ball onto his napper he will score. We played him up front on his own for the first half of this season which was never going to be fun. He’s at Ross County for a reason, what you see is what you get. 👍

United offering deals for their last few games. St Johnstone and Killie both heavily advertising their first home games. Just the one single tweet from County about tickets for Livi, with prices at the same extortionate rate as the rest of the season.

What does the marketing department at the club do, exactly?

canna wait for dhanda down at cappielow spending 54 minutes of a 60 minute game being repeatedly booted six feet in the air

7 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/sport/will-ross-countys-injured-stars-return-before-the-end-of-th-312506/

Brophy, Purrington and G.Edwards are unlikely to be able to play before the end of the season.

Reveal hidden contents

magic-eight-ball-outlook-not-so-good-pho

So long and thanks for all the fish.   Doubt we’ll ever see any of those guys play for County again.

How has Loturi been this year? From afar it seems like he struggled the first few months but really improved and has a starting role locked down. 

First half of 2022 he was probably Cavalry's best midfielder and was dominant in a few appearances at RB before the transfer. We haven't replaced him and it's very noticeable. Canadian Premier League is probably closer to the Scottish Championship though.

5 hours ago, shermanator said:

How has Loturi been this year? From afar it seems like he struggled the first few months but really improved and has a starting role locked down. 

First half of 2022 he was probably Cavalry's best midfielder and was dominant in a few appearances at RB before the transfer. We haven't replaced him and it's very noticeable. Canadian Premier League is probably closer to the Scottish Championship though.

There’s a player there, no question.  Technique still needs a lot of work, but there’s no doubting his effort and his intelligence.  His brother is utterly out of his depth though, and a bit of a piece of work.  

On 27/04/2023 at 15:29, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Anyone else planning Killie away?

I was going to stay over on the Saturday night, with the match a 3pm KO on Sunday.

Only if there's meaning in it. Fully expecting to be relegated before that match. 

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Technique still needs a lot of work

I actually think Loturi kicks the ball as well as anyone. He doesn't have Dhanda's weight of pass but Dhanda is as good a passer as anyone we've ever had. Alongside Dhanda he is the only player capable of passing through opposition lines, and he is quite good at dribbling with the ball up the park, so he offers something the rest of the team doesn't. 

Loturi has a high ceiling. I think one of his weaknesses is his focus over 90 minutes (in terms of slack passes and not tracking the runner), but that has improved a lot with regular game time and experience. 

4 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Only if there's meaning in it. Fully expecting to be relegated before that match. 

That's exactly what i said about heading up to Dundee to play Utd in our final pre split game, and the b*****ds went and beat St Johnstone so i'd have to go to Dundee, then decided they didn't give a f**k about top 6 and lost 2-0 to Utd.

You'll beat us tomorrow just to suck you in thinking there was some hope. Fucking hate football sometimes. 🤣

6 hours ago, CountyFan said:

On the other hand, if our fate is already sealed we can concentrate properly on enjoying arguably the best away day in the league without any nerves. Possibly some songs about Mackay getting sacked too.

9 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

I actually think Loturi kicks the ball as well as anyone. He doesn't have Dhanda's weight of pass but Dhanda is as good a passer as anyone we've ever had. Alongside Dhanda he is the only player capable of passing through opposition lines, and he is quite good at dribbling with the ball up the park, so he offers something the rest of the team doesn't. 

Loturi has a high ceiling. I think one of his weaknesses is his focus over 90 minutes (in terms of slack passes and not tracking the runner), but that has improved a lot with regular game time and experience. 

Agreed on Loturi. There is a quality player there, but he can be so wildly inconsistent in what he does, can play a classy ball or just punt it out of the park. I also like how he turns with the ball, it's very smooth.