The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 06/04/2023 at 15:08, Matty-RCFC said:

Ross Callachan ruptured his ACL during the Celtic game on Sunday. 

Sounds like Edwards is done for the season as well. Judging by Malky’s comments, Brophy is going to be nip and tuck to be back.  

18 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Sounds like Edwards is done for the season as well. Judging by Malky’s comments, Brophy is going to be nip and tuck to be back.  

Our squad's not huge, I hope Edwards Dhanda & Brophy are back for the Hearts match.

We could do with Purrington and Tillson for the run in too tbh🙏🤞

1 minute ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Our squad's not huge, I hope Edwards Dhanda & Brophy are back for the Hearts match.

We could do with Purrington and Tillson for the run in too tbh🙏🤞

I’d completely forgotten about Purrington, but Dhanda is our most important player by a mile.  Nobody seems to know what happened to him. 

19 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d completely forgotten about Purrington, but Dhanda is our most important player by a mile.  Nobody seems to know what happened to him. 

Dhanda picked up a knock in training.  Hoping to be back shortly 

Apologies for a Raith Rovers fan popping into your thread, however thought I’d drop this here before I flog on eBay! 

I am selling off my shirt collection which features County’s home kit 95/96 size L/XL. In pretty good condition, some bobbling here and there as should be expected of the age. Drop me a message if interested! 

C228CC7F-7587-4C1C-8F5F-4501DA003C7B.jpeg

Big missed opportunity for a point last night we were very good in the first half but then pretty shocking in the 2nd half

aberdeen did defend very well to give them credit 

thought Murray and young smith were our standouts, owura looked dangerous when he came on but seems to over play it and make the wrong decision too much

shame as if iacovitti and brophy were available I fancy us to have got something as iacovitti would’ve allowed us to play a back 4 and brophy and Murray together just off white would’ve been a headache for aberdeen

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to say but realistically, we are pretty much down at this point. I simply cannot see us getting the cohesion or formation right nor do I feel we have enough mentally tough players ready to fight for the club. Saturday was a showcase of what happens when a team lacks togetherness and fight, as well as being unable to adapt well enough to compete against well organised sides. 

On the plus side, the Championship would provide us with a great opportunity to rebuild from the bottom, clearing out the deadwood and old thinkers who have kept us from progressing the last few years. If we get a proper Director of Football in place, new manager, refreshed coaching staff and play our young guns, then we may have a blueprint off which to build long term success going forwards. Selling Dylan Smith a la Josh Reid is not going to work. If we had any ambition, we would do all we can to keep him, make him a regular starter and show him examples of Porteous and McKenna who were older and established in the Premier League before making the big move south.

31 minutes ago, stagdhu said:

I'm sorry to say but realistically, we are pretty much down at this point. I simply cannot see us getting the cohesion or formation right nor do I feel we have enough mentally tough players ready to fight for the club. Saturday was a showcase of what happens when a team lacks togetherness and fight, as well as being unable to adapt well enough to compete against well organised sides. 

On the plus side, the Championship would provide us with a great opportunity to rebuild from the bottom, clearing out the deadwood and old thinkers who have kept us from progressing the last few years. If we get a proper Director of Football in place, new manager, refreshed coaching staff and play our young guns, then we may have a blueprint off which to build long term success going forwards. Selling Dylan Smith a la Josh Reid is not going to work. If we had any ambition, we would do all we can to keep him, make him a regular starter and show him examples of Porteous and McKenna who were older and established in the Premier League before making the big move south.

A lot of this is on Ferguson, to be quite honest.