The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 18/03/2023 at 02:37, shermanator said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Loturi get his Canada debut in this window, especially if they go up against Curacao, that's a perfect opportunity to cap tie him and give Eustaquio or Kone a rest going into the Honduras match.

His real competition for minutes is Hutchinson and Kaye. Hutchinson is 40 and will go 90 minutes at most. Kaye hasn't played well for Canada for about a year now. 

Loturi is still quite raw, but there's certainly a good player in there. Playing in settled midfield with Hibs loan Kenneh beside him is helping him atm. Loturi will improve with more game time and it looks like he'll get that opportunity with RC.

For any Jackson Irvine fans he’s just put Australia 1-0 up after 13 mins in a friendly in Sydney v Ecuador.

Then laid on the second for Awer Mabil to make it 2-1 after 32 mins.

Edited by Eednud

5 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Baggage aside, Harry Paton was always a tidy player for County. He’s technically sound and I think he’s a good ball carrier in midfield. He is very inconsistent, though, and I found him a very frustrating player all round. 

He’s basically Ross Callachan - neither a six nor an eight and not creative enough to be a 10.  

3 hours ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Apparently we’ve signed Harry Paton until the end of the season.  I remember the name but nowt about him.

What’s he like?

Technically neat and tidy but can't hit a long pass, shoot or tackle.

25 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I can’t see us finishing anywhere above eleventh, unfortunately…

Kilmarnock pull out results like that, while County capitulate with ten men.   We’ll skoosh the playoffs, but it’s pretty depressing to think an appalling goalkeeper is the only thing keeping Dundee United beneath us.