The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, Pete the Jakey said:

If denigrating another clubs finances when your own club has lost £800k its best to deal in facts, otherwise you just look foolish and completely out of your depth.

I quote. It came as turnover increased from £3,183,905 in 2019/20 to £3,281,599 last year. For the same period, pre-tax losses moved from £225,452 to £256,850.”

So not random numbers, but last two years registered accounts which is standard accounting practice. 

Anyway, the fact remains. I don’t think a chairman willing to spunk 60 years worth of loss in 2 years would a) be appointed b) make it past first quarter. Caley on the other hand - he’d probably be welcomed in with open arms such is your fiscal irresponsibility. I’m off to bed, here endeth the lesson.

I said a random year of the clubs accounts, not a random set of the actual numbers. In this case it’s for the year 20/21.  The fact that you’ve got this wrong renders the rest of your very weak point redundant Im afraid. A good attempt at a zinger but it’s a fail from you. The dig at The Caley is an amusing one, given if McGregor didn’t exist, Ross County would probably be in League One in a much worse state than we are.

You’re probably just tired, so I’m happy to let it side, away to your bed.

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I said a random year of the clubs accounts, not a random set of the actual numbers. In this case it’s for the year 20/21.  The fact that you’ve got this wrong renders the rest of your very weak point redundant Im afraid. A good attempt at a zinger but it’s a fail from you. The dig at The Caley is an amusing one, given if McGregor didn’t exist, Ross County would probably be in League One in a much worse state than we are.

You’re probably just tired, so I’m happy to let it side, away to your bed.

Except he does exist, and we’re in the Premiership! Thank god for Roy MacGregor!

2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Except he does exist, and we’re in the Premiership! Thank god for Roy MacGregor!

And we’re all better for it brother!

20 hours ago, central staggie said:

Inverness has 9 times the population Dingwall does?

Agree its a horrible place to watch football, the ground is a fucking hole.

Yeah, but Dingwall isn't the only place where folk are coming from to attend games, is it? I think even ignoring that Caley are currently down on their luck, they've done a poor job attracting fans. This is hardly unique in Scotland though. Between the fact it's never been easier to just watch actually good football on the telly from abroad, and the depressingly large proportion of Old Firm fans up this way (& let's be honest, it's mostly Rangers fans), and the fact that Scottish football is not a cheap day out for the family at this point, and then there's the fact their stadium is in a shite location that's a pain in the arse to get to & often a pretty bleak place to watch football.

How do you make the game more affordable when clubs are either bankrolled by the grotesquely wealthy or haemorrhaging cash? Would letting kids in free with an adult at least increase the chance of hooking young football fans on their local side rather than Rangers or Liverpool or Barcelona? I don't know, I'd have thought it'd worth trying but maybe someone has done the research & proven it's not. I only ended up a Ross County fan despite growing up in Ardersier because a friend's dad was involved in a pipe band in Dingwall & he'd go up to the games to see his pals, & we were desperate to watch any football, from Ardersier in the Inverness & District Welfare League to whatever was on the telly in 1992/3 (mainly Football Italia on Channel 4). If it wasn't affordable enough for him & his son to get a ticket then I'm not going & I almost certainly don't end up a Ross County fan.

On 12/03/2023 at 13:53, forkboy said:

Yeah, but Dingwall isn't the only place where folk are coming from to attend games, is it? I think even ignoring that Caley are currently down on their luck, they've done a poor job attracting fans. This is hardly unique in Scotland though. Between the fact it's never been easier to just watch actually good football on the telly from abroad, and the depressingly large proportion of Old Firm fans up this way (& let's be honest, it's mostly Rangers fans), and the fact that Scottish football is not a cheap day out for the family at this point, and then there's the fact their stadium is in a shite location that's a pain in the arse to get to & often a pretty bleak place to watch football.

How do you make the game more affordable when clubs are either bankrolled by the grotesquely wealthy or haemorrhaging cash? Would letting kids in free with an adult at least increase the chance of hooking young football fans on their local side rather than Rangers or Liverpool or Barcelona? I don't know, I'd have thought it'd worth trying but maybe someone has done the research & proven it's not. I only ended up a Ross County fan despite growing up in Ardersier because a friend's dad was involved in a pipe band in Dingwall & he'd go up to the games to see his pals, & we were desperate to watch any football, from Ardersier in the Inverness & District Welfare League to whatever was on the telly in 1992/3 (mainly Football Italia on Channel 4). If it wasn't affordable enough for him & his son to get a ticket then I'm not going & I almost certainly don't end up a Ross County fan.

Can't argue with anything you've said there. It was more in reply to SH's post, re similar attendances.

On 11/03/2023 at 21:53, TheScarf said:

I’d say the same about County, but they’ll be in the league above you next season too.

For any company to haemorrhage £3.5m in 6yrs and to quadruple their losses is serious financial mismanagement.

Especially when it's only loans from directors keeping the doors open, some of whom are realising there's issues and are trying to resign from the board but have been persuaded not to as it would change the audit opinion.

Any company that this happened to would be in a prime position to have administration happening soon.

In terms of your statements re losses being written off I have to rigorously disagree with you. If you were to look at the accounts and do any year on year comparisons and we're aware of the financial rules and regulations then you'd realise that you can't just write off losses as doing that would fail to show a true and fair value of the company plus its illegal to do so - that's why the accounts are checked by the auditors as they have a duty of care to ensure all Financial Practices are being adhered to

13 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

There may be truth in it, I’m not sure. However, that guy hardly looks like the voice of reason going by his other “exclusives”.

Had a peek at his timeline.   I think it’s safe to ignore him.  

17 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Victor Loturi called up to the Canada squad.  Not sure what to read into that.  

I’d be surprised he will get game time, but it will do his confidence the world of good, so fair play to the lad. Plenty of potential.

Both loturi and akio were named in Afcon qualifiers squad for South Sudan last week , Loturi has obviously turned them down for Canada , Akio has already been capped by Sudan so each brother will play for a different nation

Edited by Rcfc fan

12 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

He will have two years left on his contract when the loan at Raith Rovers expires.

If the off field stuff is remotely true, that won’t matter.  They’ll loan him out for the next two seasons if they must.  That being said, cf Ross Callachan.  

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Loturi get his Canada debut in this window, especially if they go up against Curacao, that's a perfect opportunity to cap tie him and give Eustaquio or Kone a rest going into the Honduras match.

His real competition for minutes is Hutchinson and Kaye. Hutchinson is 40 and will go 90 minutes at most. Kaye hasn't played well for Canada for about a year now.