The General Ross County Chat Thread

19 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

It’s beyond belief how poor a support they get considering they are based in a city , better attendances would help finances slightly but it’s a big gap to plug

Not sure I agree.   They have about 3,000 support. About the same as County do.  They’ve gravitated to their natural level.  It’s also a horrible place to watch football.  

Charles Bannerman is a complete troll though.  Very odd chap. 

Edited by Savage Henry

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Not sure I agree.   They have about 3,000 support. About the same as County do.  They’ve gravitated to their natural level.  It’s also a horrible place to watch football.  

Charles Bannerman is a complete troll though.  Very odd chap. 

Inverness has 9 times the population Dingwall does?

Agree its a horrible place to watch football, the ground is a fucking hole.

I think you guys know and realise you’re in a false position and are where you are because of McGregor.

If you’d spent half a decade in the second tier you’d have 1000 odd less fans at your game too. I agree we’re at our natural level and once you reach yours, which you will soon enough when the money stops, you’ll realise it’s incredibly difficult to entice both new fans, and players who are able to take you to the next level. 

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think you guys know and realise you’re in a false position and are where you are because of McGregor.

If you’d spent half a decade in the second tier you’d have 1000 odd less fans at your game too. I agree we’re at our natural level and once you reach yours, which you will soon enough when the money stops, you’ll realise it’s incredibly difficult to entice both new fans, and players who are able to take you to the next level. 

Wouldn't worry too much about it, your club will be stone dead by that point and the fans will be flocking across the Kessock in their tens.

Enjoy your weekend, mate 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Wouldn't worry too much about it, your club will be stone dead by that point and the fans will be flocking across the Kessock in their tens.

Enjoy your weekend, mate 👍🏻

Thank you brother.  Enjoy your club’s success, you’ve done well. 

58 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Except we have invested in the facilities, have a lovely ground within 2 minute walk of a town centre, pub and railway station; some things Caley never will.  However I do worry about life after Macgregor, not in ten years but in twenty years. 

49 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Except we have invested in the facilities, have a lovely ground within 2 minute walk of a town centre, pub and railway station; some things Caley never will.  However I do worry about life after Macgregor, not in ten years but in twenty years. 

Who covers the debt when McGregor goes? If he leaves you 10-15 million that’ll be gone in 2 years. You’ll drop like a stone. 

33 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Who covers the debt when McGregor goes? If he leaves you 10-15 million that’ll be gone in 2 years. You’ll drop like a stone. 

Last accounts show £600k to the good, so where is this £5-£7.5m deficit you are referring to? You seriously think we are burning that a year, that’s beyond mental. 

16 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Last accounts show £600k to the good, so where is this £5-£7.5m deficit you are referring to? You seriously think we are burning that a year, that’s beyond mental. 

It’s not mental when you consider it’s a lump sum he’s likely to leave the club. He writes off the debt every season to whatever amount you accrue. 

Do you honestly believe any lump sum left won’t be spunked in a short period by his incumbent?

7 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

To the tune of £7.5m a year? No, I do not. 

Ah you’ve gone for the extreme of my arbitrary figure, I thought you might. 

I’m glad you agree the lump sum will indeed be spunked fairly quickly.

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Ah you’ve gone for the extreme of my arbitrary figure, I thought you might. 

I’m glad you agree the lump sum will indeed be spunked fairly quickly.

You said £10m-15m over two years which is £5m-7.5m a year. Given our turnover is circa £3m pa that loss would take some doing. 

You should apply for The Apprentice, you’d fit right in .

1 minute ago, Pete the Jakey said:

You said £10m-15m over two years which is £5m-7.5m a year. Given our turnover is circa £3m pa that loss would take some doing. 

You should apply for The Apprentice, you’d fit right in .

What’s the profit on that £3m turnover? 

By the way, you should contact the club and ask them to add ‘pub and train station near the ground’ to the honours list. 

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You’ll hope it’s the fat end of my completely arbitrary golden handshake amount. In reality it’ll probably be a lot less.

Ooft ‘retarded’. You’re absolutely rattled. Relax, it’s only money. 

Not rattled, just amazed how someone can get standard grade level accounting so wildly wrong.

Anyway, your lads did well last night, I hope you get a decent cash boost from the next round which may keep the wolf from the door. Despite the bantz I would take no pleasure in seeing Caley fold.

Just now, Pete the Jakey said:

Not rattled, just amazed how someone can get standard grade level accounting so wildly wrong.

Anyway, your lads did well last night, I hope you get a decent cash boost from the next round which may keep the wolf from the door. Despite the bantz I would take no pleasure in seeing Caley fold.

I’m not getting anything wrong, brother. You’re making the mistake of taking a hypothetical, literally. 

Using a random year of a football clubs accounts as proof that a not yet appointed chairman won’t spunk future money is wild. 

Many thanks for the best wishes regarding the semi final, Hampden feels like a second home for The Caley these days. Not bad for a club of our size IMO.

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Many thanks for the best wishes regarding the semi final, Hampden feels like a second home for The Caley these days. Not bad for a club of our size IMO.

In fairness, that’s because you play Queens Park so often. 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

In fairness, that’s because you play Queens Park so often. 

I’d say the same about County, but they’ll be in the league above you next season too.

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I’m not getting anything wrong, brother. You’re making the mistake of taking a hypothetical, literally. 

Using a random year of a football clubs accounts as proof that a not yet appointed chairman won’t spunk future money is wild. 

If denigrating another clubs finances when your own club has lost £800k its best to deal in facts, otherwise you just look foolish and completely out of your depth.

I quote. It came as turnover increased from £3,183,905 in 2019/20 to £3,281,599 last year. For the same period, pre-tax losses moved from £225,452 to £256,850.”

So not random numbers, but last two years registered accounts which is standard accounting practice. 

Anyway, the fact remains. I don’t think a chairman willing to spunk 60 years worth of loss in 2 years would a) be appointed b) make it past first quarter. Caley on the other hand - he’d probably be welcomed in with open arms such is your fiscal irresponsibility. I’m off to bed, here endeth the lesson.