The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 03/03/2023 at 08:37, Savage Henry said:

Think Billy White might have had a wee influence?

Is he still at that kind of stuff? Got to admire his dedication to his family but I mind he would do this when Jordan White was at ICT as well. He also posted on CTO under an obvious alias bigging up his son for any little thing and then mysteriously stopped posting the exact day that Jordan left ICT.

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

Is he still at that kind of stuff? Got to admire his dedication to his family but I mind he would do this when Jordan White was at ICT as well. He also posted on CTO under an obvious alias bigging up his son for any little thing and then mysteriously stopped posting the exact day that Jordan left ICT.

Just spend 5 minutes going through his twitter. I’m sure it’s something you’ve already done before, but his recent tweets have been especially bad. I think he has genuine believe that White is in with a shout for Scotland.

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

I guess it’s fair enough.  He’s proud of his son.   But he goes about it in a way that suggests he’s batshit mental.  

19 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Just spend 5 minutes going through his twitter. I’m sure it’s something you’ve already done before, but his recent tweets have been especially bad. I think he has genuine believe that White is in with a shout for Scotland.

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I guess it’s fair enough.  He’s proud of his son.   But he goes about it in a way that suggests he’s batshit mental.  

He'll have been gutted / delighted when he scored at Ibrox recently.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

I get that it's different, but it's always struck me as slightly odd the dedication some families have for travelling to watch their grown-up child play football. You're essentially watching them do their job. Imagine your own parents turning up in the office and applauding a particularly good Powerpoint presentation...

9 hours ago, RiG said:

He posts on here as @Binos

The moment we were linked with a £100k(!) move for White and our fans baulked, he was all over our thread calling us a diddy side who should be thankful we're even in the top tier.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He posts on here as @Binos

The moment we were linked with a £100k(!) move for White and our fans baulked, he was all over our thread calling us a diddy side who should be thankful we're even in the top tier.

I was all over your site horrified at the shite you talk about your manager

18 hours ago, Forfinn said:

I get that it's different, but it's always struck me as slightly odd the dedication some families have for travelling to watch their grown-up child play football. You're essentially watching them do their job. Imagine your own parents turning up in the office and applauding a particularly good Powerpoint presentation...

I kind of agree.  I don't find following your son up and down the country every Saturday particularly odd (they won't be paying to get in after all).  What I do find odd is family members creating accounts on football forums and bumming their son/brother/cousin up when they're extremely average.  White and his father being a prime example.

His da has an endless array of stats whenever White scores about 4 in 23 to prove his is the greatest striker in our history.

Edited by Comrie

22 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Does anyone know if Kenny the SLO is on here or what's the best way to contact him? 

I've reached the end of the road with the catering, it’s really really poor.  £4 for a pie, nae milk, nae strirrers, just a total boorach basically.  It looks like the current lease holders are doing the bare minimum.

It’s an absolute shambles these days. A few weeks ago, a guy in front of me went to get hot dogs for his kids only to find they had no rolls for them so were given the sausage wrapped around a napkin. I also asked for a pie a couple of weeks ago to find they had no tin foil trays or even a napkin to hand me it in, but nope, it was plonked onto the manky counter which I then refused for something else. Seems like shite like this is happening every home game. I’m avoiding it now as they don’t seem to give a f**k.

It’s a shame the nosedive it’s taken, the last crowd (DPM?) were really good.

Edited by Staggie_93

2 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

It’s an absolute shambles these days. A few weeks ago, a guy in front of me went to get hot dogs for his kids only to find they had no rolls for them so were given the sausage wrapped around a napkin. I also asked for a pie a couple of weeks ago to find they had no tin foil trays or even a napkin to hand me it in, but nope, it was plonked onto the manky counter which I then refused for something else. Seems like shite like this is happening every home game. I’m avoiding it now as they don’t seem to give a f**k.

Aye, it was DPM catering before this current gang.

On 06/03/2023 at 12:12, Pete the Jakey said:

Does anyone know if Kenny the SLO is on here or what's the best way to contact him? 

I've reached the end of the road with the catering, its really really poor.  £4 for a pie, nae milk, nae strirrers, just a total boorach basically.  It looks like the current lease holders are doing the bare minimum.

SLO@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk

12 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Are the company doing the catering just now local? If so you'd have thought they'd be keen not piss folk up there off.

Catering at football involves heating pies and watering beefy drink.   You’d have thought it’d be hard to mess up, but here we are.  Is it not something ridiculously named like Highland Hog Roasts who do it now?

6 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

I was lucky? and got a pie for 4 quid which was tepid (that's me being kind)

Gave up on tea or coffee as all the sugar etc was out in the open and the rain turned it into mush.

Hate to say it as I love my trips up to Dingwall but the catering is the worst in the League.

Never used to be like that.