The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

That's Murray on loan and with a PCA for next season.

I was just going to share that I heard Kheredine on the wireless saying that a championship striker was in progress and this news fills me with warmth that I might need to sustain me this evening.

Like my good friend @SandyCromarty I was impressed by him as viewed during the recent league game.

He looked confident, controlled and dangerous but he couldn't score against the Caley

I’m sorry, I just don’t know if I share everyone’s optimism about Simon Murray. I think he’s coming to the end of his prime and there’s absolutely zero resale value there either. Also, Owen Coyle was saying to Sportsound prior to the Caley game tonight that Murray had been offered a “contract that Queen’s couldn’t get close to”. This is Queen’s Park who are not short of a bob, so you’d have to assume he’s now on a decent wage at County. As always, I’ll back the guy to the hilt, but I think we could definitely have got more bang for our buck.

8 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’m sorry, I just don’t know if I share everyone’s optimism about Simon Murray. I think he’s coming to the end of his prime and there’s absolutely zero resale value there either. Also, Owen Coyle was saying to Sportsound prior to the Caley game tonight that Murray had been offered a “contract that Queen’s couldn’t get close to”. This is Queen’s Park who are not short of a bob, so you’d have to assume he’s now on a decent wage at County. As always, I’ll back the guy to the hilt, but I think we could definitely have got more bang for our buck.

I’m with you.  It tells me that the team has zero intention of keeping Brophy, and that they are preparing for relegation as well.  I always liked that County, for the most part, avoided giving contracts to the myriad rent-a-names that jump between perennial relegation strugglers purely because they “know the Scottish game” (I.e run about a lot).

That said, it’s patently clear that with the exception of White, none of the other strikers at the club are capable of putting a consistent run of performances together.  At least with Murray you know what you’re going to get.   Which is running about a lot and being quite tall.    It’s quite depressing that the players with a little flair - Jordy, namely - are being jettisoned for effort guys, because somehow punt and rush is the only way of getting out of a relegation battle, but maybe tried-and-tested is the way forward.  

I would’ve liked to have seen the club sign cover at centre half. If we’re going to be playing 532 week in, week out, players are going to pick up injuries. You also can’t expect Keith Watson to play 14 games between now and the end of the season. 

Instead, we’ve now more strikers than Network Rail. I like the fact that, last night, we just went f**k it and launched everyone up front at once. It might make games more entertaining, if anything.