The General Ross County Chat Thread

12 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Happy enough with the brophy signing , 2 up top Is needed and looks like we will get it , promising comments from the guiseley fan above regarding stone

I know we talk down the Scottish Premiership but I'm not sure that success in the 6th tier of English football necessarily corelates to the top flight in Scotland.

By all accounts it'd be a pretty exciting signing if it was permanent, but right now, for the next 4-5 months? Hope I'm wrong but I remain to be convinced.

On 22/01/2023 at 20:46, Matty-RCFC said:

This is probably going to be a bit of a heads gone post so bare with me here.

Something that really ground my gears was seeing several of the players on the shot in Inverness last night. These guys are human beings and are entitled to have fun. However, putting yourself out in the public domain like they did yesterday really does reaffirm the opinion that hardly any of them care. You’d think that Akio and Loturi would have learnt after the Aberdeen fiasco but clearly not. Callachan and Olaigbe were also seen out. Again, these are young lads having a bit of craic but I just felt it was a bit insensitive from there part. Maybe I’m out of pocket, would be interested to hear what the general consensus is.

Statement from Malky today addressing this, stating the optics were not good and Watson & Baldwin have had words with the lads.

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

I know we talk down the Scottish Premiership but I'm not sure that success in the 6th tier of English football necessarily corelates to the top flight in Scotland.

By all accounts it'd be a pretty exciting signing if it was permanent, but right now, for the next 4-5 months? Hope I'm wrong but I remain to be convinced.

Agree to an extent but let’s remember Jordan slew and Craig Curran iirc they both were around that level and turned out very useful players for us , agree on the 4-5 month part would rather permanent 

58 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Statement from Malky today addressing this, stating the optics were not good and Watson & Baldwin have had words with the lads.

A bit odd Akio is the one singled out for public criticism when he wasn't the only player involved?

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Callachan is pushing 30.  For him, it’s a borderline sackable offence.  

Edited by Savage Henry

26 minutes ago, yoda said:

They were out on the Sunday too.

For what it's worth, I've heard from more than one source that the club had to apologise to at least one establishment a few months ago over the squad's conduct. 

I was told by a first hand witness that Tony Bullock once stood up and pissed himself in the Den just for bantz.  Goalkeepers eh.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Someone tell me about Matthew Writght plz

an English television presenter and former tabloid journalist. He worked as a journalist for The Sun and was a showbusiness gossip columnist for The Daily Mirror before launching a television career. He hosted the Channel 5 topical debate show The Wright Stuff from 2000 to 2018.

4 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Agree to an extent but let’s remember Jordan slew and Craig Curran iirc they both were around that level and turned out very useful players for us , agree on the 4-5 month part would rather permanent 

Slew was in the English 4th tier, Curran in the 5th.

22 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Someone tell me about Matthew Writght plz

A young striker that knows where the goal is if he gets the service. Was out on loan to Montrose for the first half of the season where he scored 6 goals.