The General Ross County Chat Thread

Just now, Pete the Jakey said:

Josh Sims moves further down the pecking order, he must be delighted he moved to Dingwall for 18 minutes in a cup match. 

There may be a medical thing, or he may just be rubbish, but there’s no way of telling.  One of the most underwhelming signings I can remember.  

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There may be a medical thing, or he may just be rubbish, but there’s no way of telling.  One of the most underwhelming signings I can remember.  

I think you are right about the medical thing, he can’t be 100%. He has my sympathies if that is the case, but it also begs the question why tf did we sign him. 

36 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

On loan.  This team has zero confidence in itself or its signings. 

To be fair, he's on a famously massive* wage with us, and his confidence is currently low. Plus if he's on loan he can't score against us. If he turns his form round, maybe we keep him. If he doesn't, he's six months closer to the end of his contract and easier for us to pay him off. Or maybe he scores enough goals to keep you up and you take him off our hands for a nominal fee.

No matter which way you cut it, this seems like a decent move for all parties.

* According to Callum Davidson and various St Johnstone fans.

Guiseley supporter here.

Seen you have signed young Josh on loan. He is an excellent player, Wigan think highly of him as we did.

I'm sure he scored more than 1 league goal for us, I saw him score at least another one and set up many many more. In a team that for the most part created 0 chances and got relegated. He did this when he was 17 and then 18 too. 

He's also not "fat". He's a big lad for his age. What you'll get is a hell of a lot of effort and a young lad who's way ahead of other 19 year old's. 

36 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Surely a couple of strikers will be leaving before the transfer window closes. Matthew Wright almost certainly on loan and hopefully someone will take Alex Samuel before he leaves in the summer. 

Alex Samuel back on loan to Morton? (that is me guessing where he could go rather than starting a rumour).

Dom Samuel hasn't started since August and he was hooked at half-time in two of three of his starts then.

Edited by bunglebonce

confirmed, Brophey on loan till end of season.  A very typical county signing imo, has done well in the past but now due to injuries etc his form has dropped dramatically, hoping a change of venue will kick start a revival.

Question is, are we going to be playing 2 up front, or just leave Brophy alone up front like we have done with White?