The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Sutherland_Staggie said:

Anybody know why Iacovitti wasn't involved at all yesterday, not heard that he'd picked up an injury?  Hope he's not away.

On the one hand, he has played every minute available in the league this season, and would undoubtedly be my player of the season so far, so he deserved a rest more than anyone else. 

On the other hand, his contract is up in the summer, he has been good for County and vice versa and will now surely be entertaining PCA offers, if he hasn’t agreed one already. Not playing him stops him from being cup-tied, which keeps his transfer options open. 

Edited by bunglebonce

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Haven't you had like 18 managers in the last 20 years?

I know you're hurting right now but is sacking another manager the way forward plus the cost therein of paying out the rest of his contract as you've done so many times.

We've got a dud but the team has to also take the blame in our poor run, money's tight for us so we can't be buying in.

I think the way forward is for Uncle Roy to dig deep and get rid of the also rans and bring in a few good players and then see how the manager copes.

Bold for you to come out in support of the racist keeping his job.

This is probably going to be a bit of a heads gone post so bare with me here.

Something that really ground my gears was seeing several of the players on the shot in Inverness last night. These guys are human beings and are entitled to have fun. However, putting yourself out in the public domain like they did yesterday really does reaffirm the opinion that hardly any of them care. You’d think that Akio and Loturi would have learnt after the Aberdeen fiasco but clearly not. Callachan and Olaigbe were also seen out. Again, these are young lads having a bit of craic but I just felt it was a bit insensitive from there part. Maybe I’m out of pocket, would be interested to hear what the general consensus is.

I heard a rumour from a friend before the Motherwell game that, at the time, I took with a pinch of salt. I do not claim to be in the know at all, it was very much a “heard it through the grapevine” type thing. It was that several of the team had fallen out with MM, and Eastwood and Johnson had refused to train until he left; hence leaving and being sold respectively. Iacovitti and Dom Samuel were another pair that apparently weren’t happy. I thought at the time that it seemed a lot of shite but the way the players have been acting/performing recently makes me wonder if there is something in it. As I say, this could be absolutely garbage and I do not claim to be in the know whatsoever, but a few pieces of the story do add up, given CJ and JE are away and Iacovitti wasn’t even in the squad yesterday.

In fairness, it's a job, innit? And if you haven't gone on the lash after a rotten day at work I certainly have. I know we all live vicariously through our football team but I don't think you can really expect someone brought in for 1-2 years to be as bothered by a defeat. Like, you're probably gutted at the end of the 90 minutes but then you go home & who wants to bring their work home with them? Certainly not me. By the time the bus gets back up the road from Hamilton I would fully be ready to put that shite behind me & think of anything else.

I'd probably have agreed with you when I was a bit younger but now I just don't think it's fair to not remember that for lost of the lads it's just a job, even if it is a pretty cushy one relative to many lines of work. But when you & I do it nobody notices because nobody is cheering on for you to write X lines of code this week or to answer X phone calls or make X sales or whatever you do in your line of work.

6 hours ago, Comrie said:

I always thought Ben Paton could do a job for us, but he seems very nervous and afraid to do anything progressive on the pitch, picking the safe option every time.

Nervous and afraid, a bit like any girlfriend of his brother.

If this was any previous manager Roy would fire him at full time on Saturday, and scramble for players on the Monday to turn this around.  With either Chipper appointed as interim manager or he will fire up the Derek Adams klaxon.  I fear he may be too invested in this appointment so the window will close without him being fired.

41 minutes ago, forkboy said:

In fairness, it's a job, innit? And if you haven't gone on the lash after a rotten day at work I certainly have. I know we all live vicariously through our football team but I don't think you can really expect someone brought in for 1-2 years to be as bothered by a defeat. Like, you're probably gutted at the end of the 90 minutes but then you go home & who wants to bring their work home with them? Certainly not me. By the time the bus gets back up the road from Hamilton I would fully be ready to put that shite behind me & think of anything else.

I'd probably have agreed with you when I was a bit younger but now I just don't think it's fair to not remember that for lost of the lads it's just a job, even if it is a pretty cushy one relative to many lines of work. But when you & I do it nobody notices because nobody is cheering on for you to write X lines of code this week or to answer X phone calls or make X sales or whatever you do in your line of work.

You know what, having thought about it again you’re probably right, and normally I wouldn’t care. I have probably gone a bit “da” on them. However, it does slightly show that sort of “meh” attitude that they show on the park that does signify that they probably don’t really care about the predicament we’re in.

37 minutes ago, sophia said:

That is the kind of offer that should always be refused and I'm very happy to do so on this and every occasion.

You know what, I always thought it was bare. However, after a quick google search I found out that it was bear. Thanks Sophia. You learn something new everyday.

Since making the Scottish Cup final 13 years ago County have won 7 Scottish Cup ties:

2010/11 Deveronvale 4-1
2011/12 Albion Rovers 4-0, Stenhousemuir 7-0
2015/16 Dunfermline 1-0, Linlithgow Rose 4-2
2016/17 Dundee United 6-2
2018/19 Motherwell 2-1

Exiting to Dundee United, St Mirren, ICT, Hibs, St. Johnstone, Dundee United, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, ICT, Ayr, ICT, Livingston and Hamilton.

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

Well, Malky clearly doesn't think he's going anywhere

If one of those players isn’t a striker, I think i give up.  I also assume the fat lad from Wigan is one of the players he was offered but think’s isn’t up to it.  

2 hours ago, central staggie said:

Josh Stones is the rumour on twitter. Is he 'the fat lad from Wigan' you're referring to?

Yeah.  Have a look at him.  Maybe he’s just big boned.  I really don’t think a 19 year old from Wigan reserves is quite what we need, anyway.  

edit: I was talking bollocks.  He’s signed on loan until the end of the season. 

Edited by Savage Henry