The General Ross County Chat Thread

4 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Just had a wee deek at last season's managerial salaries, and we're allegedly paying Malky £7k a week.

For this.

image.png.5eb50edd57c2be1c3bc3362c60b6e8cc.png

Callum Dsvidson has been contracted to 2025 since 2021

12 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Just had a wee deek at last season's managerial salaries, and we're allegedly paying Malky £7k a week.

For this.

image.png.5eb50edd57c2be1c3bc3362c60b6e8cc.png

This list is total nonsense, no chance we're paying Martindale almost 6k a week when the most a player is on is 1.5k

Well done Accies, got the job done and good luck in the next round.

County as expected, a shower of ballerinas who can't score. If our manager thinks today was "an anomaly" then he's deluded. 

More worringly, and as anticipated on the journey down, Accies catering (which we once dissed) is now better than ours.

So many things wrong with the club at the moment.

Another Scottish Cup run filed straight into the bin.

Let's set aside his baggage - I've shared my views on that before - and focus on his record. It's dreadful. 

The team was mostly garbage for around half of last season. A terrible first 10 games, followed by a good wee run, then an inconsistent run, then an abysmal end to the season chucking the best chance of Europe we'll see for some time. 

The squad isn't good enough. Dhanda and Iacovitti are maybe the only two I can see deserving of a step-up to a better club. The rest is a collection of guys who should have been binned years ago, faceless jobbers, the instantly forgettable, and "projects" that might have come good under a more progressive manager.

But the club went all in on him so I guess that's it. Either this or an untested Don Cowie.

Agree with yoda’s post , what also irks me is our signing policy we don’t seem to get solid spfl proven players anymore just loans from England hoping in blind faith that a couple work out (see hungbo) but the majority don’t add anything to our squad 

Just get him gone. If the on pitch stuff wasn't enough, surely rejecting £100k for Jordan White has to be the last straw. Not beating a team that hasn't won at home since August, quickly followed by failing to beat a team who are bottom of the Championship and almost certainly will get relegated is totally disgraceful. No new ideas, no idea where a win is coming from and we've now left it too late to get a manager in who can make their own signings. 

At least the Championship should be fun and we can put this whole horrible experiment behind us. Hopefully Don manages to do what Ketts did, but can also translate it into success the following seasons too. 

26 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Just get him gone. If the on pitch stuff wasn't enough, surely rejecting £100k for Jordan White has to be the last straw. Not beating a team that hasn't won at home since August, quickly followed by failing to beat a team who are bottom of the Championship and almost certainly will get relegated is totally disgraceful. No new ideas, no idea where a win is coming from and we've now left it too late to get a manager in who can make their own signings. 

At least the Championship should be fun and we can put this whole horrible experiment behind us. Hopefully Don manages to do what Ketts did, but can also translate it into success the following seasons too. 

Yan Dhanda in the Championship will be some laugh.  Unfortunately anyone with any talent will have a relegation clause, and we’ll be left with headless chicken  Canadians and Connor Randall.  

Edited by Savage Henry

10 hours ago, yoda said:

Another Scottish Cup run filed straight into the bin.

Let's set aside his baggage - I've shared my views on that before - and focus on his record. It's dreadful. 

The team was mostly garbage for around half of last season. A terrible first 10 games, followed by a good wee run, then an inconsistent run, then an abysmal end to the season chucking the best chance of Europe we'll see for some time. 

The squad isn't good enough. Dhanda and Iacovitti are maybe the only two I can see deserving of a step-up to a better club. The rest is a collection of guys who should have been binned years ago, faceless jobbers, the instantly forgettable, and "projects" that might have come good under a more progressive manager.

But the club went all in on him so I guess that's it. Either this or an untested Don Cowie.

Nail on the head.

My only qualification to @yoda’s post is that Baldwin and Harmon could also find a better team.

Spoiler

Ben Paton’s underlying numbers suggest he could develop into a better player (he fares quite well in terms of the amount of interceptions and tackles he completes compared to the rest of the league).  While I think those numbers  are deceiving, he still has relatively little first team experience. Having said that, I see he is out for 9 months now. 

Edited by bunglebonce

I always thought Ben Paton could do a job for us, but he seems very nervous and afraid to do anything progressive on the pitch, picking the safe option every time.

Haven't you had like 18 managers in the last 20 years?

I know you're hurting right now but is sacking another manager the way forward plus the cost therein of paying out the rest of his contract as you've done so many times.

We've got a dud but the team has to also take the blame in our poor run, money's tight for us so we can't be buying in.

I think the way forward is for Uncle Roy to dig deep and get rid of the also rans and bring in a few good players and then see how the manager copes.