The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Playing in a higher league?

more money?

In case it has escaped you, we are bottom of the Premiership and Queens are top of the Championship. If I was Mr Murray Id stay exactly where I am. 

Edited by Pete the Jakey

Lord Willie Haughie’s pockets are probably just as deep as Roy’s if not deeper, so there is literally no reason for Murray to want to come to us. He’s also never proven himself in the Premiership.

Dipo will stay at Ayr till the end of the season and then probably get a decent move to Leyton Orient or something.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The reason we’re fucked is because we don’t score goals and it is near impossible to sign a prolific striker in the Premiership for us at all, let alone in the middle of January. We will sign a dud on loan from the Championship on Deadline Day and that’ll be that.

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

In case it has escaped you, we are bottom of the Premiership and Queens are top of the Championship. If I was Mr Murray Id stay exactly where I am. 

That’s your opinion and to be respected , if I was him id take the chance of being the main threat for a team trying to stay up only 3 points behind currently and definitely not a certainty to be going down, just like queens aren’t a certainty to be coming up either. So our signings will be crucial due to the fine margins in the league this season, it’s all hypothetical anyway I’ve no clue who we are interested in it was just a suggestion I also think grant savoury for queens has also been very good albeit he’s a midfielder

31 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Imagine holding onto someone's keys for a week. What an absolute arsehole.

Given the state of that key, I doubt it'll make any difference. It'll be long since written off.

21 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

That’s your opinion and to be respected , if I was him id take the chance of being the main threat for a team trying to stay up only 3 points behind currently and definitely not a certainty to be going down, just like queens aren’t a certainty to be coming up either. So our signings will be crucial due to the fine margins in the league this season, it’s all hypothetical anyway I’ve no clue who we are interested in it was just a suggestion I also think grant savoury for queens has also been very good albeit he’s a midfielder

Simon Murray would need to be completely daft to think it would be a good move. He’s probably already on a premiership wage and at a club in the central belt. Staying at Queens Park bagging another 10 goals would be much better than signing for County. Even if Queens Park don’t go up he would have 3 or 4 Premiership teams after him in the summer.

County would need to pay him an extortionate amount for him to even consider it with the potential of being back in the Championship next year. If Ross County are considering spending that sort of money it should be on someone who can be as close to guaranteed goals as you can get and Simon Murray isn’t that.

37 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

That’s got to be a piss take. Surely?

We paid £100k for a CB 12 months ago, gave him a deal until 2024, played him twice and then released him this month.

Nicky Clark is apparently one of the highest paid players in our history and cost almost £100k.

We paid a fee for Cammy MacPherson, 6 months before we could've gotten him for nothing.

I think White is a focal point for a lot of abuse he doesn't deserve as our midfield is trash but six figures?

I'd drive him there myself.