The General Ross County Chat Thread

Feel a little more confident now, before the inevitable battering by Celtic.

The back three looks far more secure than a two and looks like we can adapt more effectively (though our ball retention was stinking for swathes of the Hibs gasme).

Putting the Celtic game to one side, it has been a good week for us. Needed a win against St Mirren and got it, building on that last night. Parkhead is a free hit really so hopefully we come out the other side with the confidence from these last 2 games still in tack.

Couple of weeks back I'd have said WC is coming at a good time for us, but maybe not soo much now. Hey ho.

8 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Yesterday got me thinking we are relatively short on centre mids obviously callachan is injured but where is Ben paton? Injured or other?

He was hanging around with the other long term injury guys before the St Mirren game, so I assume he’s got some kind of knock.

Not sure Ben Paton is a great option. Was all for giving him a try at CM but his passing is so safe and risk-averse he makes Stephen Kelly look like Zinedine Zidane.

17 hours ago, Comrie said:

Not sure Ben Paton is a great option. Was all for giving him a try at CM but his passing is so safe and risk-averse he makes Stephen Kelly look like Zinedine Zidane.

According to his Instagram, he’s back in Canada, so I presume he’s out until the new year. 

54 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Has his brother found a team yet?

I've seen nothing about him getting a club. Team most likely won't touch him until the court case is resolved.

7 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

A great player for us in (arguably) our best ever team. Although as a DU fan not sure why it would resonate with you.

A few posters on this thread still dream about his performances and good looks.

Was this the Championship years or? 

Don't have much memory of the team around that time, only really remember Irvine at Hibs onwards.

43 minutes ago, scamp1909 said:

Was this the Championship years or? 

Don't have much memory of the team around that time, only really remember Irvine at Hibs onwards.

Kilmarnock fans said he never amount to anything.  He was brilliant for us.  Utterly dominated John McGinn in our cup win. 

6 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

_89087595_irvine_medal_sns.jpg

Top-six and a league cup win in 2015-16, the season that United were relegated with Japanese world cup reserve goalie Kawashima in their team.

I remember that season all too well...

I just didn't pay too much attention to any team but United. (And the OF due to parents)