The General Ross County Chat Thread

9 minutes ago, Sammy said:

John Huges won 8 league games in his short time in charge (20 games)

Malky has only won 9 league games with more than double the number of games (41)

I don't care what your stats say, there's not a chance I'd ever want to watch "yogiball" at viccy park again. He came in did a job and left (thankfully).

Our 10 games without a win last season under MM was a breath of fresh air compared to the eye bleeding stuff Hughes had us playing.

I haven't been to a home game this season (don't like exposing the family to the old firm bile) but from what I saw last year the team/squad/coaching & atmosphere within the stadium are a hundred times better than they've been for years.

On 15/08/2022 at 11:01, yoda said:

Read a tweet yesterday about Mackay's record as County manager. I've not fact checked it but it said that he has the second lowest PPG and Win % of County's permanent managers since 2011/12. Only Coyle was worse (obviously there's Championship stat padding for Kettlewell / Ferguson).

So I went and had a wee look at the results over the past 12 months. 1 win in the last 11 league games at the moment (to go with the 1 win in the first 11 league games of last season).

Democratic Debate Democrats GIF by Bernie Sanders

Of those 11 matches have we not played the best 5 teams in the league, then Hearts & Celtic this season? I’m not saying our form isnt pish, which it is, but the opposition has been stiff.

Edited by Pete the Jakey

10 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Of those 11 matches have we not played the best 5 teams in the league, then Hearts & Celtic this season? I’m not saying our form is pish, which it is, but the opposition has been stiff.

image.jpeg.1eadde7989771c4fc5f7cb13de6808a1.jpeg

As a general rule, this is a good thing. However...

The saving of £1.90 from Inverness or Alness is less than Ross County have put matchday ticket prices up by this season.

The first eligible service (25A) from Tain on a Saturday doesn't arrive in Dingwall until 17:40.

2 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

The saving of £1.90 from Inverness or Alness is less than Ross County have put matchday ticket prices up by this season.

The first eligible service (25A) from Tain on a Saturday doesn't arrive in Dingwall until 17:40.

"Football for a fiver" is a bold tag line when tickets still cost £28.

Mind you, still not going back regardless if tickets were £5 or £500 until the manager is gone

2 hours ago, Forfinn said:

Really good idea this. I'll certainly take advantage of this now and again, instead of driving in from Inverness.

The tail backs from Maryburgh roundabout into Dingwall on match day were getting steadily worse last season so a few less cars, with folk taking up this £5 return offer should help.

It always surprised me that ScotRail have never scheduled a train going back to Inverness after full time. 

They did do something like this before and it was a total shiteshow. Driver let me on for nothing a couple of times as the Stagecoach systems hadn't been properly updated.

37 minutes ago, Comrie said:

They did do something like this before and it was a total shiteshow. Driver let me on for nothing a couple of times as the Stagecoach systems hadn't been properly updated.

Yeah, I thought I recognised it and had a look yesterday. There was a scheme towards the end of the 2019/20 season. The full details aren't on the County website any more, but from the PR published elsewhere, it looks like it was 25% off for ST holders only "from the surrounding areas".

There's tweets from people saying their driver hadn't even been told about it and let them on for free instead!

This new scheme is a blanket £5 so roughly the same deal from Inverness and Alness. Not as good the closer you get to Dingwall, and would be a great deal if it was actually possible to use from Tain as the press release tries to imply.

So it's a similar thing, extended to matchday ticket holders (although if you've bought online and intend to collect on the day, I'm not sure how that'll work). The blanket fare should be much easier to administer though.

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

That is extremely on-brand for Stagecoach. Well, letting you on for free isn't, but being a total shiteshow is.

57 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

And confirmed boldwin and Callachan have been suspended for the games vs Rangers and Celtic 

Thats shocking imo.  While rangers think theyve been cheated out the league and their player goes down to yellow. 

4 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

And confirmed both Baldwin and Callachan have been suspended for the games vs Rangers and Celtic 

Fortunately it’s against two teams we’re expected to get beat by anyway.

Still think we’re at least one short in defence though. We’re looking very light in defence for those two games.

Fortunately it’s against two teams we’re expected to get beat by anyway.
Still think we’re at least one short in defence though. We’re looking very light in defence for those two games.

Aye I’m fearing the worst, for Saturday especially. Callachan coming out probably means Tillson comes in - imo opinion he should be a staple starter and he’ll bring much needed energy but it definitely makes our midfield more lightweight against a Rangers team who’ll be on a high. Watson will come in for Baldwin. He was a fine defender when he first signed but he’s showing signs of his age now and I don’t know if he’s capable of starting week in week out for us anymore.

50 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Praying that Ross Laidlaw doesn’t get injured. Christ, what a position to be in. 

The Killie fans did warn us.

with injuries mounting up Harmon & Watson added to the list tonight we are very short at the back 24 hours left in the window I fully expect no more signings.