The General Ross County Chat Thread

In fact, even if you let the OF do their own thing (provided they and the rest of the league can both broadcast the games) the rest of the teams should be doing something like this. It's all about continuing to raise the profile and find new revenue streams. Split the operating profit based on viewing figures or individual teams' subscribers if needs be. As long as the costs are covered it's a no brainer.

20 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Any lip service County ever paid to community or local identity went out the window with Malky Mackay.  It’s all down to some right good signings, some above average facilities and lots of cold hard cash.  Let’s not romanticise this.   

If Uncle Roy ever leaves, we’ll hurtle down to the lower echelons of the Championship in seconds. 

As much as we are in agreement about Malky, I do think Ross County do a lot linking the club with community.  The youth coaches are always having camps in and around schools in the area and are often going to the islands to do likewise.  I think they work extremely hard to do that.

But yes the cold hard cash is the main reason we are up there and we will yo-yo between all the divisions if Roy stopped the cash flow.

On 17/07/2022 at 07:30, Rcfc fan said:

Really excited by this signing , a fast and powerful forward with a decent goal return albeit im not sure how the standard of the Canadian premier league compares to the Scottish premier league

IMO the Canadian Premier League is likely similar in level to the Scottish Championship. The only players I know of who've played in both are Charlie Trafford and Fraser Aird, who are both starters for Cavalry (Loturi's old club and the club I have had season tickets to since they were founded) when healthy. The best few players move on to better leagues quickly. This window players will have transferred to Ligue 2, MLS, Scottish Prem and the Championship. But like every league there are players who aren't great, or who come from low levels like 6th tier England who do quite well.

Both Akio and Loturi were highly rated last year. CPL has an award for best under-21 player and Loturi was nominated for the award. 

Edited by shermanator

49 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Aiko just through the door and he's injured. Good news is, that because hes signed a 3 year deal, it's a relatively short period he'll be out for...🤔

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/sport/injured-staggies-available-for-hearts-trip-282793/

It'll mean plenty of game time for Edwards, Kazeem and Simms, hopefully Aiko makes a speedy full recovery 🤞

On 23/07/2022 at 13:38, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

The whole streaming live matches is coming to an end. There's a bigger discussion on it in another thread somewhere. Basically Sky have the rights and they agreed to wave those rights for the lockdown period but that's overwith so now it a blackout. The SPFL are at fault, they knew what it was they were selling to Sky so that's where we are until the current contract ends.

To be fair, you can still stream games to people outside of the UK (I only know this as Livi still do it), which can all be worked around with a VPN into allowing people streaming from inside the UK. 

9 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

It'll mean plenty of game time for Edwards, Kazeem and Simms, hopefully Aiko makes a speedy full recovery 🤞

Plenty of cover on the wings.  What devilry is this?

A few of us are heading to the Roseburn Bar before the game. Any County fans planning to head to the game are more than welcome to join us. The Roseburn Bar is a short walk to Tynecastle and is close to Murrayfield. 

All gone quiet on the transfer front but I believe we are still short of a centre back , I don’t think we can go into the season with just watson , Baldwin and iacovitti , unless there is a youth prospect I am unaware of then we definitely need another.

other than that the squad feels pretty complete, wouldn’t mind offloading Alex Samuel if possible

Did anyone else attempt to buy tickets for the game on Saturday and have them cancelled?

I got a two sentence email from the club saying they were cancelled and you will get refunded in 5-10 days.  No reply from my email asking for an explanation.

I’m assuming they think I twilight as a Sellick fan.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Did anyone else attempt to buy tickets for the game on Saturday and have them cancelled?

I got a two sentence email from the club saying they were cancelled and you will get refunded in 5-10 days.  No reply from my email asking for an explanation.

I’m assuming they think I twilight as a Sellick fan.

There's easy wins cancelling tickets from newly registered users with Glasgow post codes, but you presumably have a purchasing history, so this seems a bit egregious?

I registered the account for the PPV buys in 2020.  The online store I use an older email address that has a purchase history back to 2013.  My full name is used in both.  I have a local address.  Seems daft.

I have said I would do overtime now, so won't make the game anyway.  I have been offered tickets from elsewhere including a Celtic fan with home end tickets 😂

I'm covering for someone so I haven't bothered trying to get a ticket.

I generally don't like turning up for home games vs the OF.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Edited, misread. Was half asleep yesterday.

Except they've since quote tweeted themselves to say it's six months. I don't know what the source for that is though.