iacovitti

purrington 

edwards

callachan 

paton

dhanda 

sims 

hiwula 

that’s how we line up , interested to see how it goes but that’s a solid enough line up , I’m sure Dunfermline will be up for this one.

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Made very hard work of that.

Enjoyable game. Certainly a good workout and probably just what County were needing.

Thought both were teams had a poor 1st half and were just finding their passing range. 2nd half was better quality. I thought the Pars were unlucky not to score and a draw deserved.

I was very impressed with County's new signings there's obviously still a fair bit of work to do to mold this squad into a fully functioning unit but the signs are promising.

On 16/07/2022 at 11:14, Matty-RCFC said:

William Akio has just posted a photo on his Instagram story of himself on a plane. Seems odd that that deal hasn’t materialised yet seeing as he was so heavily rumoured but maybe this might be him coming over now?

Announced now

2 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Really excited by this signing , a fast and powerful forward with a decent goal return albeit im not sure how the standard of the Canadian premier league compares to the Scottish premier league

This is the strongest squad we've ever had going into a new season, not only that but we've a top management team with a clear focus on what we're looking to do.

I was very impressed with the new signings yesterday. Ben Purrington looks a very good acquisition so too does Jordy Hiwula, who looks like he's got goals in him. Owura looked very quick and Olaigbe very direct on the ball. To me Dhanda could be a gem, well a bit of a rough diamond. Imo he was trying too hard yesterday and the Pars seemed to leave something on him in every 50/50 but these are the things he'll need to get used to with the hammer throwers we have in our league. Simms isn't new but will be a big player for us.

The squad depth and the 5 sub rule could really help us change things up mid-game this season.

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

I really liked the look of Hiwula yesterday. Touch was immaculate, looked sharp and has a bit of pace to him. Took his goal excellently as well. Doncaster fans absolutely slated him but he got decent reviews from Coventry and Fleetwood fans so maybe it was just he was in the wrong place last season. Olaigbe was a thorn in the Dunfermline side when he came on as well and he came close to scoring himself. Looks quick and direct which is all you can ask for from a winger.

12 hours ago, Stagman29 said:

It seems like a decent squad that will hopefully gel well going in to the season. I am guessing we still need to add a CB though. Has anyone been linked yet?

It's hard to tell. The new guy from Portsmouth, I've read that he plays RB & CB but that's maybe right side of a 3.

The Canadian, Victor, he's primarily a DCM but also a RB. 

Don't know enough about these new guys to say whether there's enough cover or not but it's fair to say an extra CB would be needed for the long season ahead.

On 16/07/2022 at 18:32, Comrie said:

Made very hard work of that.

I've just seen the highlights (ParsTV) now, and if they're a fair reflection then we're gonna need to buck up our ideas pretty quickly. Don't know how Dunfermline didn't score with a couple of their chances.

It took us weeks to gel last season but I doubt we could afford even a similar start this year. Another big turnover but MM needs to find a way to get round that early this season.

11 hours ago, Sorarestaggie said:

Any news on  who will be No 1 goalkeeper this season.?

Important to get this right for your Sorare line-up, fair play for asking. It's Ross Munro.

County sign Gary Warren.

Caley Thistle legend Gary Warren is set to join Ross County in a brand new youth academy role.

The hero of the Terry Butcher and John Hughes eras in Inverness will deploy coaching and educational expertise to head up County’s own mini-version of the SFA’s much-vaunted performance schools system.

A key plank of the SFA’s player development strategy since 2012, the seven central belt, Dundee and Aberdeen schools have enabled some of Scotland’s best young footballers – including Chelsea and Scotland’s Billy Gilmour and Everton’s Scotland international Nathan Patterson – to train and be coached during school hours.

County’s plan, with Warren at the helm, is to ensure the Dingwall club’s own under 18s academy prospects can do the same on a daily basis, whether at school, college or in employment.

Warren (37), a qualified PE teacher and sport, exercise science and coaching lecturer with UEFA A and B licences, is relocating from Bristol after leaving Tiverton Town, his fourth post-Caley Thistle club.

The Scottish Cup winner, who tasted Europa League football with ICT, will mix the new role with a part-time playing contract at Highland League Clachnacuddin.

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/ross-county-snap-up-caley-thistle-legend-281700/

Sounds like a good progressive plan and helping talented young academy players fulfill their potential and move to become professional players is well with investing in.

Apparently this role was agreed before he joined Clach and it was Warren himself who phoned around local HL clubs to see if they could agree a deal and it looks like Clach won the race.