The General Ross County Chat Thread

9 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

So you're saying that if you had a pedophile working for your club and someone criticised the decision to employ them, then that criticism would be invalid? Trying to shut down people calling out that sort of behaviour on the basis that it is merely "point scoring" is clearly worse.

Hopefully you lot have a bad start to the season so that trumpet can be sacked asap

Please just go away, if you are that passionate about racism go and campaign about it on the streets. Being a keyboard warrior on a football forum is not going to stop racism. Move on from 2014.....its tiresome.

Back to the football.....🙏

24 minutes ago, BuieCounty said:

Please just go away, if you are that passionate about racism go and campaign about it on the streets. Being a keyboard warrior on a football forum is not going to stop racism. Move on from 2014.....its tiresome.

Christ. That's a grim perspective. Never mind 2014, move on from 1950

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

In time, we all realised that nothing was going to be done about our worries and the best thing to do would be support the club - not the manager.

Your post is clearly using racism to point score. You’re trying to get a reaction out of us by making a joke about racism. That is what I am pointing out as strange behaviour.

The first part is the problem here - hopefully the reaction that this attempt at "point scoring" contributes to is that you become motivated to hound him out. Splitting hairs about how the issue is brought up only serves to obfuscate and distract from the real issue

• yoda changed the title to The General Ross County Chat Thread
53 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The first part is the problem here - hopefully the reaction that this attempt at "point scoring" contributes to is that you become motivated to hound him out. Splitting hairs about how the issue is brought up only serves to obfuscate and distract from the real issue

Sorry, but that isn’t the issue. Hounding somebody out a job achieves little apart from making somebody jobless and making some people feel good. Punishment is fine, but in general it doesn’t rehabilitate the individual, it’s more likely to reinforce their behaviours. Punishment only works if it’s combined with education and rehabilitation. Now, of course that isn’t a guarantee, but it is more successful than punishment alone.

Everybody will have their own opinion about our manager and whether they want him at the club. However it seems to me that he has been punished, he lost a job. It appears that he has been educated as part of a rehabilitation approach, and he has not demonstrated racist behaviour since. Does that mean he is reformed? Not absolutely, and I realise that he hasn’t publicly addressed it in the way some people want, but that also doesn’t show that he isn’t reformed. My attitude is to give him a chance, but then I’m known as a bleeding heart liberal and I would say that.

On the issue of the use of the Show Racism the Red Card tee shirt, they’re whole approach is to educate and reform, I agree totally with that approach, but I’m not sure the post reflects their ethos.

Brora rangers away is our first friendly tonight 7:30 ko , should be an interesting spectacle , wonder if we will have any trialists

We’ve near enough got two players in each position now, so I reckon it’ll be a first 45 XI that’ll be fully changed at half time.

9 hours ago, BuieCounty said:

2014?

8 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

For those wanting to watch this friendly against Brora Rangers in the comfort of their own home, the match is available online for £8.

https://coreltd.co/product/buy-now-brora-rangers-vs-ross-county-6-july-2022/

They have taken my £8 ( bank confirms) but  their website won't display the video, when I click on watch event  it just cycles back to buy now....

I have used the contact link to ask for support, nothing....

I have emailed core, no response so I'm £8 down and can't watch the game, is anyone else managing to watch it?

Passable run out, 20+ players used. Four goals but Purrington had a mare for the Brora consolation (which was a cracker).

Just now, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Were the new strips on show? Today's the launch date of them anyway I think.

I think we were wearing last season's still. The camera wasn't amazing.