The General Ross County Chat Thread

Watching Jason Naismith in Utrecht vs Queen's Park and he looks bloody awful. Slow, positionally unsure and hasn't run with the ball once, even when given a chance.
He's nowhere near as good as Connor Randall if this is him now (can't believe I said that).

He got absolute pelters from the Killie fans all season - certainly seems to have gone down a slope.

51 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I did say opinions will be split. All I'll say.

Looks like there’s a lot of red on the home kit.   

edit: that video was clearly produced by the Joma company, because there’s no chance our incompetent media team could have made that. 

Edited by Savage Henry

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Looks like there’s a lot of red on the home kit.   

edit: that video was clearly produced by the Joma company, because there’s no chance our incompetent media team could have made that. 

A LOT of it.

As long as our strip doesn’t say “oh dingwall is wonderful” I will be happy , tinpot stuff that and for anyone who doesn’t know what I’m referring to and wants a chuckle check out our neighbours new home strip

15 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

As long as our strip doesn’t say “oh dingwall is wonderful” I will be happy , tinpot stuff that and for anyone who doesn’t know what I’m referring to and wants a chuckle check out our neighbours new home strip

There are serious enquiries into lying at the very highest level in the UK, I do not think it at all appropriate to offer that culture any succour.

On that basis alone, I think it highly unlikely you should resort to fretting.

18 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

You guys should go for this one imo

19951252.jpg

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

You guys should go for this one imo

19951252.jpg

You must have missed the signing of Yan Dhanda, who is the only male footballer of Indian background to play in the SPFL.  We have an ever increasingly diverse squad at Ross County and I for one am very proud of that.  

But you know, keep trotting out racism as a way to denigrate your rival team by all means, it’s great wholesome banter, and does nothing to cheapen the discussion.👍

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

You must have missed the signing of Yan Dhanda, who is the only male footballer of Indian background to play in the SPFL.  We have an ever increasingly diverse squad at Ross County and I for one am very proud of that.  

But you know, keep trotting out racism as a way to denigrate your rival team by all means, it’s great wholesome banter, and does nothing to cheapen the discussion.👍

"How can I be racist when I have an ethnic minority friend?" levels of argument there. Glad those guys were "worth considering".

mackay-moody-texts.png

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

"How can I be racist when I have an ethnic minority friend?" levels of argument there. Glad those guys were "worth considering".
mackay-moody-texts.png

Point scoring over these sensitive types of topics (racism, sectarianism, pedophilia etc) between football fans to get a one up over an opponent is strange and scummy behaviour.

13 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Point scoring over these sensitive types of topics (racism, sectarianism, pedophilia etc) between football fans to get a one up over an opponent is strange and scummy behaviour.

So you're saying that if you had a pedophile working for your club and someone criticised the decision to employ them, then that criticism would be invalid? Trying to shut down people calling out that sort of behaviour on the basis that it is merely "point scoring" is clearly worse.

Hopefully you lot have a bad start to the season so that trumpet can be sacked asap

8 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

So you're saying that if you had a pedophile working for your club and someone criticised the decision to employ them, then that criticism would be invalid? Trying to shut down people calling out that sort of behaviour on the basis that it is merely "point scoring" is clearly worse.

Hopefully you lot have a bad start to the season so that trumpet can be sacked asap

It's a good example of sportswashing.

"Racists are bad unless they do well for my sports team, at which point we should ignore the bad stuff"

That’s absolutely not what I’m saying at all. If there was a pedophile working for the club I support then I would be the first to criticise the decision makers at County, in the same way as the vast majority of decent County supporters with a hint of morals about them criticised the decision to hire a man who had made several racist comments. In time, we all realised that nothing was going to be done about our worries and the best thing to do would be support the club - not the manager.

Your post is clearly using racism to point score. You’re trying to get a reaction out of us by making a joke about racism. That is what I am pointing out as strange behaviour.