The General Ross County Chat Thread

In all fairness, have we ever signed a striker that opposition fans haven’t told us he’d be our worst player? He seems to have had decent spells at Coventry, Fleetwood and Bradford so hopefully he can recapture that form. I’m going to trust Malky’s recruitment on this one.

With the total slagging he's getting and the correlation usually between that and how well a rubbish player does straight away when he moves up here, I'm expecting 15 goals by Christmas and then we never get a tune out of him again

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I know clips can be taken out of context, but

Ross Stewart wasn’t given great reviews by St Mirren fans, but I’m struggling to think of too many players who their former fans have misjudged.  Alex Samuel was pretty popular, I seem to recall.  

Delighted that we’ve signed players not only permanently but also the fact they are multi year deals , means if they have a great 6 months/ year we should get a fee rather than them signing a pre contract if they were on single year deals

as for hiwula the last player we had getting those sort of comments from previous clubs fans was jack baldwin and that’s turned out very good in the end

also peaking my interest is we have seemingly paid fees for loturi , Harmon and hiwula which is interesting as it’s not something we tend to do in a normal window

Edited by Rcfc fan

3 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Delighted that we’ve signed players not only permanently but also the fact they are multi year deals , means if they have a great 6 months/ year we should get a fee rather than them signing a pre contract if they were on single year deals

as for hiwula the last player we had getting those sort of comments from previous clubs fans was jack baldwin and that’s turned out very good in the end

also peaking my interest is we have seemingly paid fees for loturi , Harmon and hiwula which is interesting as it’s not something we tend to do in a normal window

Or they could be duffers and you're stuck with them.:whistle

5 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

was jack baldwin and that’s turned out very good in the end

From memory their fans said he was good 85% of the time then would do Donaldson level stuff.

55 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

The squad on paper genuinely already looks stronger than last season.

Yes agreed completely, like the look of both new left backs will be good to have proper competition in there for a change

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

Ben Purrington 2 year deal. What a signing that is. We are cooking this season.

Charlton fans are not at all happy about this.  Exciting move.  A keeper now amd we should be just about set.

50 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Charlton fans are not at all happy about this.  Exciting move.  A keeper now amd we should be just about set.

I'd like to think that we'll get another couple of loans in to bolster the squad. Goalkeeper as you say, plus another center half, maybe even another winger (but that's me been a bit greedy).

3 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Ben Purrington 2 year deal. What a signing that is. We are cooking this season.

Looks very good, to me.

PURR.thumb.png.ce4225d1ac5d779b68728014a27796f5.png