The General Ross County Chat Thread

8 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

11 games without a win now, and increasingly likely that they won’t even make the play offs, things are looking desperate.

Starting to think that sending Gardyne in as a secret agent to pump their wives and destroy all team unity was a master stroke by evil genius Fergie. 

15 hours ago, Loki said:

If only the season was a bit longer to give them time to make the bad playoffs.

There's always next season, that way agent Vigurs can help send them down when Cove hammer them. Fun times to look forward to.

I just hope that they cling onto that final play off place, that way they'll likely keep agent Dodds so the comedy continues.

There's more chance of Goodwillie finding another club in the SPFL than there is of us doing anything in the playoffs (if we even make it).

On 06/03/2022 at 11:55, forkboy said:

Just noticed, this is the Caley fan who is desperate for them to sign Goodwillie, oooft 

Glass houses and throwing stones I believe, given County are still playing week in, week out someone facing serious domestic abuse charges. Even Man Utd had the decency to suspend Greenwood as soon as he was accused of similar behaviour.

On 06/03/2022 at 11:55, forkboy said:

Just noticed, this is the Caley fan who is desperate for them to sign Goodwillie, oooft 

Embarrassing isn't it.

Imagine supporting a team that signs David Goodwillie!

Oh wait, you don't actually need to imagine it do you.

That's two matches in a row with the same starting XI and two 1-0 victories. Great to see as a fan.

This new lad Ramsay looks really good in the few matches he's been involved in. The best compliment I can think of is that no-one is missing Harry Clarke, a top player for us until his departure at Christmas time.

Baldwin has really settled down now too, there were some real glaring errors that happened but they have slowly been eradicated and he and Iacovitti are looking far more comfortable together.

Simms hasn't made the 1st team squad, I'm hoping that we're just been patient with him and getting him up to speed for the run in.

Big Jordan White has proven himself to be so important to our system. He's not prolific but his link up play has improved dramatically, the trouble he causes and space he creates is a big reason Cookie and Hungbo look so good. If anything were to happen to White I don't know how we'd replace him or what we'd do. Is Alex Samuel a football player, I don't think I've ever seen him.

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

Glass houses and throwing stones I believe, given County are still playing week in, week out someone facing serious domestic abuse charges. Even Man Utd had the decency to suspend Greenwood as soon as he was accused of similar behaviour.

I mean, it's unlikely a club that hires a racist manager is going to do anything about someone facing charges of domestic abuse. It's a shit state of affairs with no real defence.

9 hours ago, sophia said:

Embarrassing isn't it.

Imagine supporting a team that signs David Goodwillie!

Oh wait, you don't actually need to imagine it do you.

Yeah, it's shit. Number of teams who he played for between the news coming out that he was accused of rape & him being found guilty of rape in civil court is depressing. Football is a bad business.

11 hours ago, Hendo said:

Yeah, I'm not happy with Paton playing at the moment. The club will use the "innocent until proven guilty" defence, I would suppose. There are increasingly few good guys in football.

The County Twitter account is suggesting that there's a few announcements today.

First one is the 3 academy graduates Matthew Wright, Adam MacKinnon and Logan Ross have signed extended contracts. 👍

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/new-contracts-for-academy-graduates

Apparently there's more to come...

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

Hopefully we'll hear of some senior players signing extensions too.

If I'm correct in thinking Randall, Iacovitti, Tillson, Spittal, H. Paton and White are all out of contract this summer. I'd like to hope that we can offer them all new deals, for the next year or two.

I've obviously not included RCC as his agent will surely have a bumper pay day contract with another club who can offer far more than we could. If he's enjoying his time with us so much that he's willing to stay then definitely sign him up but I'd be VERY surprised. 

50 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Ross Munro & Jordan Tillson have signed new contracts 👍

While Tilson is steady and I'm glad he's re-signed, I can't help but feel the club have majorly blue balled us. Surely they knew everyone was hoping for RCC there.

Edited by staggy1929

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

While Tilson is steady and I'm glad he's re-signed, I can't help but feel the club have majorly blue balled us. Surely they knew everyone was hoping for RCC there.

Seriously, there's not a chance we'd be able to complete financially with what other English clubs could and will be offering him.  We should be using RCC as an example to potential signings as to how they can relaunch their careers and get themselves in the shop window.

Happy with White signing up.

Doesn't score enough but works hard and links up pretty well with Callachan. Just feel we need a viable goal scorer up front at times as the two Samuels aren't it.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

Doesn't score enough but works hard and links up pretty well with Callachan. Just feel we need a viable goal scorer up front at times as the two Samuels aren't it.

A. Samuel is on a two and a half year deal, is he not?  

9 hours ago, Comrie said:

Yup, agree with that but I think to say he links up well doesn't really do him enough justice. There's far too many forwards out there (we've had more than our fair share) who just disappear when asked to work the lone striker role, it's a thankless task and it's the opposition centre halves can easily dominate.  What we've (County) done well is get the team supporting White really well. It's evident by the impact RCC & Hungbo are having but also H Paton & Callachan who push up and press really fast but first and foremost White has to draw defenders towards him then flick on, hold up & lay off to who he can find.

The 433 system we've got atm is working really well and big White is integral to how we work the ball. Some depth to offer competition & cover would be great for this role but really glad White has signed on for another 2 years 👍

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

A. Samuel is on a two and a half year deal, is he not?  

Yes, and that still winds me up something chronic.