The General Ross County Chat Thread

6 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Forgot about Simon power , he’s high on the list of players everyone forgot played for us with Oscar gobern , Ewan Henderson , Alex Robertson and Joe Hilton

None of those are real people, I swear you made them all up.

It's funny, I could reel off about 90% of the Invicibles team from 2011/12 but some of the players we've had in the top flight just...nothing

3 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Branislav Micic. Jim Fenlon. Abdoulaye Meite. Terry Dunfield. Chris Konopka.

Had a look on wiki and found these names that have played for RCFC since promotion. I’m certain that these men do not exist. They are just figments of our imagination.

I wish they were figments of my imagination.

Fenlon especially.

2 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Forgot about Simon power , he’s high on the list of players everyone forgot played for us with Oscar gobern , Ewan Henderson , Alex Robertson and Joe Hilton

I assume he’s playing lower league reserve football now.   

38 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Had a look on wiki and found these names that have played for RCFC since promotion. I’m certain that these men do not exist. They are just figments of our imagination.

Chris Konopka is a League Cup winner, how could you possibly have forgotten about him!? 😉 I almost saw him play when I was in Canada in 2017. I went to see Edmonton vs North Carolina in the NASL (I wasn't there especially for that, I hasten to add). Konopka made 9 appearances for them that season. Unfortunately, he was injured and didn't even make the bench. So close to being probably the only Ross County fan to see him in action...

I was also very disappointed Abdoulaye Meite never got a game. The Central Staggies had a song based on The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann ready to go when he lined up alongside Paul Quinn in defence. Sadly, the world was deprived of a beautiful moment.

And the less said about Jim Fenlon the better.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Micic was not bad 

sadly I remember terry dunfield as I was there for his red card vs Dundee 

Remember seeing fenlon up in wick in pre season I’m certain we actually lost that game 🤣

konopka and Meite I’d completely forgot , on paper meite looked a belter of a signing but clearly not

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Leave Micic out of this.

3 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Micic was not bad 

sadly I remember terry dunfield as I was there for his red card vs Dundee 

Remember seeing fenlon up in wick in pre season I’m certain we actually lost that game 🤣

konopka and Meite I’d completely forgot , on paper meite looked a belter of a signing but clearly not

Micic looked reasonable when we played a back three. When we tired using a four with him he was all over the place.

This has reminded me of Mark Klok and Milan Lalkcovic as well.

Edited by Comrie

On 09/02/2022 at 16:38, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Talking of forgettable ex-players. Rebekah Vardy's PA incriminated involved in the enthralling "Wagatha Christie" case is Steven Watt's wife.

image.thumb.png.c91b11fa15ad755d69efd5f0047fc691.png

Had forgotten about Watt, sure he was deemed as bit of a "wonderkid" before injuries got the better of him.

During the Leitch era, we signed a keeper from Italy, Tomei I think his name was. Remember watching him warm up wearing Man United socks. I think there was another Italian, but I cannot remember his name. 

Growing up with Cooper in charge, seemed we had a new player in most weeks. Going through my memories now, but I can remember going to that menswear shop that was by Somerfields, as it sold County shirts upstairs. Better times.

1 hour ago, UAE1929 said:

Had forgotten about Watt, sure he was deemed as bit of a "wonderkid" before injuries got the better of him.

During the Leitch era, we signed a keeper from Italy, Tomei I think his name was. Remember watching him warm up wearing Man United socks. I think there was another Italian, but I cannot remember his name. 

Growing up with Cooper in charge, seemed we had a new player in most weeks. Going through my memories now, but I can remember going to that menswear shop that was by Somerfields, as it sold County shirts upstairs. Better times.

I think Rezgane was the name of the Italian striker. What a shambles of a season that was. Campbell and then Adams did a great job winning promotion the next season, or the club could have easily ended up going the same way as the Airdries and Clydes of the world.

2 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

The only other Italian I can think of is Rafa de Vita. I don't even have a foggy recollection of an Italian striker unless he signed and never played. Only foreign strikers from those days I can mind are Prest and Chiani.