The General Ross County Chat Thread

Anyone know who the free agent is that we were meant to be signing? All gone quiet since deadline day. By sounds of it, it was a done deal.

And aye, that former players/manager thread is a brutal read.

32 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

OTB really is a disgrace isn't it.

I lost access to OTB again and this time I can't be arsed making another account.

Even those who were quite pro Malky are anti-Goodwillie- bar one, who I did expect to be on the "he's sorry for what he did" brigade. Shameful.

12 minutes ago, goose89 said:

Anyone know who the free agent is that we were meant to be signing? All gone quiet since deadline day. By sounds of it, it was a done deal.

I think it'll be someone from England who may be another "signed in January, gets announced in May".

15 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I lost access to OTB again and this time I can't be arsed making another account.

Even those who were quite pro Malky are anti-Goodwillie- bar one, who I did expect to be on the "he's sorry for what he did" brigade. Shameful.

I quite like having the odd wee comment on OTB because at the end of the day it's the county forum but my god. All the proof you need that there's still major problems in society when it comes to SA.

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

I think it'll be someone from England who may be another "signed in January, gets announced in May".

So long as we don’t have to forfeit our first three games again, I’m all on tenterhooks.  

I hate it. I hate how I get sucked in too. I took on helping out back when Adrian was still around but I've literally heard nothing from him in ages and I'm left holding the can for it. I'd quite happily walk away now if I could.

11 minutes ago, Spain said:

I hate it. I hate how I get sucked in too. I took on helping out back when Adrian was still around but I've literally heard nothing from him in ages and I'm left holding the can for it. I'd quite happily walk away now if I could.

You've done well and I wholeheartedly agree with your views and posts on there.

That was a big win on Saturday, first half performance wasn't great, but Dundee's change of tactics and hilariously inept defending worked in our favour. Heads never dropped after the penalty miss and Cookie had Kerr absolutely on toast.

We are now closer to Motherwell than Dundee in the table.

On 02/02/2022 at 13:21, goose89 said:

And aye, that former players/manager thread is a brutal read.

I heard at the time that Brandon Barker was the free agent we were signing.

Obviously all still quiet but now being linked with the Ex-Southampton youth player Josh Sims, he's a winger apparently.

So could it be 2 we are signing or was Barker a red herring

Edited by Lowrie83
Spelling Mistakes

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did he not fracture his spine or something?

I seen he had allegedly retired or was at least considering his future in football. It's probably a gamble taking a player like him in on that basis but if it works out we could have a real talent here.

He got Covid in late 2020 and since then has been diagnosed with:

- myocarditis

- pericarditis

- ulcerative colitis

Along with sciatica at one point too. 

All that can be found in an interview with him at The Athletic. Or a quick summary from a Reddit thread about the article.

4 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

Obligatory link, quite like the title "Future of England", certainly more inspiring than Johnson. 

I know the footage in that video is a bit older, but he looks a little James Forresty in some of those clips, - in that I'm not convinced he is in control of the ball 50% of the time.