The General Ross County Chat Thread

10 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

As I believe, or hope, Malky Mackay has.  

Therein lies the issue, the only "apologies" that Mackay has publicly made have been half hearted to say the least. It is a stretch to believe he has "changed". His response to the Fuchs incident gave a insight to his views. 

As for levels of racism, it could be a text, it could be isolating someone due to the colour of their skin. I do not want someone like that associated with the club. It is also worth remembering the texts weren't just racist. 

The clubs continued silence over the whole situation has been and continues to be an embarrassment, especially when they toe the line of being a community club. 

On 15/01/2022 at 21:16, Lowrie83 said:

True fans will support their club through good times and bad, whether they agree with management or players or not.

:lol: 

Good to see the County #bois calling out this sanctimonious bullshit for what it is. 

Fair play to Lowrie83 for puting your head above the parapet.  I dont think you are "in the idiot camp" as you are intitled to your opinion regardless of whom agrees with it.

I dont think anyone can argue that the PR prior to and following Mackays appointment was shambolic - but why wouldnt it be?  At RCFC we have along history of either not bothering with PR or simply ignoring it.  I cant figure out which.   Had a properly prepared unvileing of Mackay been aranged, complete with a heartfelt apology for past mistakes, a contrite manager and an admission that lessons must be learnt then it would have been a much easier pill to swallow for a lot of folk.  Are we surprised it wasnt done this way?  No - Roy Macgregor has never been to kinda guy to lie in bed worrying about who he's hired of fired that day.  You do not go from working at an oil yard to owning the oil yard without that mentaltity.  Macgregor loves an underdog, he has history of giving guys second chances, giving them a leg up - Richie Hart being a prime example.

There was mention of "doubling down" with the recent press statement.  Again, complete lack of PR but at this point in proceedings would you really expect a Chairman not to back his manager?  It was double down, or say nothing.  We all know the latter wouldve been best, but Macgregor is backing his man should we be surprised.

There are two wide ranging racism investigations ongoing in Scottish cricket just now off the back of the Yorkshire CC scandal.  Raffiq was termed an "elephant washer", told to "sit in the corner with your type" and forced to drink alcohol.  In Scotland players were allegedly not selected due to their race, were marginalised, were treated unfairly.  The Running out Racism and the SG funded SportScotland investigation are going to uncover some truths that will make text messages seem like a walk in the park.  I firmly believe cricket is the test case, football may likely next, and I would be surprised if Rugby didnt have some questions to answer,  and so on. 

All very well but whats my point....  However uncomfortable as it may seem, like all henious injustices in our world, racism has levels of depravitity.  There is such a thing as racism by association, and I can see why a supproter will feel vulnerable to that.  Segregating players in the dressing room, not signing or selecting them because of their background is the sharp end of it in sport.  I believe in second chances, and thats why I am attending County matches, and will not change my profile club to Clach or Brora or other such virtue signalling.  People change and must be allowed to chnage.  Back to cricket (sorry) the outfall from the Raffiq affair will not castigate those cricket Clubs, board members, players forever, but they will have to dam sure learn from it.  As I believe, or hope, Malky Mackay has.  

giphy.gif

Mackay walked into a good job at the SFA (and stayed there for several years) and managed the national team for a game against the Netherlands. The idea that County is some sort of second chance isn't really true.

45 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

What's the deal with Harry Paton is he not fancied or out injured noticed he's not been in the last few squads.

Umm.  That’ll be an ecumenical matter.  

By which I mean the club are probably preparing to release him due to, erm, extra curricular issues. 

52 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

Dont be a flirt! Tell all.

He was up in court a few months ago accused of assaulting and abusing an ex. The original article said it was going to trial at some point. It also said this:

It’s claimed he insisted the woman exercise daily “according to his instructions” and also dictated what clothes to wear.

He also allegedly monitored her spending and would throw household items around while arguing with her.

The charges further alleges that Paton manipulated the woman by repeatedly ending then recommencing his relationship and, on various occasions, insisted she leave their shared Inverness home.

Paton also allegedly shouted and swore at the woman, acted in an aggressive manner towards her and uttered derogatory remarks towards her.

The Canadian-born footballer is also accused of assaulting his ex-partner to her injury by pinning her against a wall and pushing her out of bed, as well as behaving in a threatening or abusive manner by repeatedly driving a car towards her.

All of the allegations relate to a period between February 2019 and May this year.

Well done to those at Vicky Park for the Motherwell game tonight, the atmosphere sounded great on the TV.

That's the last 3 or 4 home games where there's been a real bounce in the stands, it's great to hear and even better to be in. It's been several years (if not longer) since there was such a good connection between fans and the team, long may it continue. Reading his twitter feed, Cooky certainly seems to be enjoying it, keep it up guys & gals.

1 hour ago, yoda said:

He was up in court a few months ago accused of assaulting and abusing an ex. The original article said it was going to trial at some point. It also said this:

Fucking hell, I'd completely missed that but that's some sociopathic manipulation. Horrifying.

I really hope it doesn’t end in tears with Charles-Cook as with players like this we need to get a few from or tie him down on a long lucrative deal , if he leaves a free agent at the end of the season it’ll be really poor management from the club. I also feel he’s genuinely enjoying his football so hopefully that has an effect in discussions 

14 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

I really hope it doesn’t end in tears with Charles-Cook as with players like this we need to get a few from or tie him down on a long lucrative deal , if he leaves a free agent at the end of the season it’ll be really poor management from the club. I also feel he’s genuinely enjoying his football so hopefully that has an effect in discussions 

And yet he was utterly ineffectual all of last season.  

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

And yet he was utterly ineffectual all of last season.  

He seems settled now, Allegedly he took moving up here during the pandemic quite badly with not being able to visit family or friends. Buzzing to see him doing so well as he seems like a good guy as well as a baller.

10 hours ago, yoda said:

I was totally not aware of this, holy crap. Adam Strachan vibes if true.

11 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

He seems settled now, Allegedly he took moving up here during the pandemic quite badly with not being able to visit family or friends. Buzzing to see him doing so well as he seems like a good guy as well as a baller.

Yes, he does, doesn’t he?   Hope Hungbo isn’t out for too long - having two effective wingers is quite the novelty.