The General Ross County Chat Thread

18 minutes ago, yoda said:

I'd have kept Gardyne (and Naismith and Shaw) but County were rotten last season too. We'd hardly be better off with Mckay or Vigurs starting every week.

You’d quite blatantly be better off with McKay up front that Jordan White or whatever other forwards you have.  Vigurs I agree.

I literally said ‘fuck me, what are they doing?’ when I saw you had released McKay and Gardyne, and I don’t believe for one second that their replacements are on less money. 

58 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You’d quite blatantly be better off with McKay up front that Jordan White or whatever other forwards you have.  Vigurs I agree.

I literally said ‘f**k me, what are they doing?’ when I saw you had released McKay and Gardyne, and I don’t believe for one second that their replacements are on less money. 

Mckay doesn't really work well with our style of "aimlessly blasting long balls forward". He ends up spending 90% of his time in midfield fighting fires. I'd have him in a heartbeat over Alex Samuel.

Jordan White suited the style of football Yogi played which although grim at times was more palatable than the Ketts level stuff Malky is serving up and plus he's got the baggage of being a total w**k, unlike Ketts.

McKay is better than what we have undoubtedly but I agree we needed better than him to move forward. Hence why we're bottom of the league with no wins with the current group of shitehawks we have up front. We need a 10+ league goal a season striker. we'd be lucky to get that between the 3 we have now.

Of all our championship residing former forwards Brian Graham would be the one that would most comfortably step back up to this level again.

Brian Graham > Jordan White

Billy Mackay > Alex Samuel

Edit: Also, P&B > OTB. Burn it, burn it now.

Edited by Spain

35 minutes ago, Spain said:

Of all our championship residing former forwards Brian Graham would be the one that would most comfortably step back up to this level again.

Brian Graham looked tremendous against Hamilton the other night. 

OTB makes me more and more ashamed of being a County fan by the day. It genuinely baffles me how the people saying racism is bad are perceived as the toxic part of the support.

44 minutes ago, Spain said:

Honestly disgusted at how many posters want Courts dragged over coals.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I see he's been banned. Is it over that post or is there more that's been deleted?

http://www.overthebridge.info/search.php?action=results&sid=f6620163b9aa5f5359e8dfcd9193588b

You can have a read through his posts there, the one last night was abysmal. However throughout the whole Fuchs situation, he hasn't really hid his views on the subject. 

image.png.6eecc6eff874c94cc10368a499103c92.png

When the admin stepped in re the Dundee United thread, he decided to post a new thread basically slating them saying that if people didn't agree with their opinion they would censor the comments (which rarely ever happens). I just can't fathom the mindset at all, and it isn't just him, there are a few on the forum who just can't see the bigger picture. It seemed for them that because no evidence was found it was a victory. You had one guy suggesting it was an inside job, with someone looking to take down Mackay.  I'd love for them to join P&B and post their thoughts, wouldn't last five minutes.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I see he's been banned. Is it over that post or is there more that's been deleted?

It's a temporary ban at the moment. Essentially I've given him a time-out in the corner. Nothing has been deleted, except the "thread title" of his new thread which merged back into the Dundee Utd one. It was a lovely attack on myself and Forfinn.

He's always been one of the bigger "Mslky deserves a second chance" cheerleaders.

I was very much a “give the guy another chance to prove himself” at the start of the season. However, neither he, nor the club, properly addressed the elephant in the room when he joined and still haven’t, he made a c**t of the interview which gave him the opportunity to actually show he’d changed, and also hasn’t won a game on the football side of things. This has completely U-turned my personal stance on the whole thing - and I am very much a glass half full person. Can’t fathom why people would be behind him now really.

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Can’t fathom why people would be behind him now really.

There is one fairly obvious reason. 

County fans are known to be fairly placid, rarely any sort of scandal, but this whole saga is going to linger on for a while.