The General Ross County Chat Thread

6 hours ago, Forfinn said:

That could have been a perfectly alright kit, except I think it's somewhat spoiled by the unnecessarily wide red bar on the sides.

That was the first picture of the new top I saw, it's by far the WORST of the promo pictures. 

I hope Vokins has a great time up here with us this season but I wish he would sand up straight and crack an effin smile for FS! 😆

Over all, that's probably a good couple of strips, I'll probably buy the yellow away one.

3 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Dundee game is off, That'll be another 3-0 loss?

The club have said they cannot put out a full squad, so have had to forfeit. 

At least we have a nice home kit. 

1 minute ago, UAE1929 said:

The club have said they cannot put out a full squad, so have had to forfeit. 

At least we have a nice home kit. 

The whole squad was training since Yesterday and the ground was cleared for the game too. Baffled as to what's going on as we had players available thursday and not today...

2 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

The whole squad was training since Yesterday and the ground was cleared for the game too. Baffled as to what's going on as we had players available thursday and not today...

They were pushing ticket sales on Twitter up until yesterday as well. As you say completely baffled, but seems to be par for the course at the club at the moment. 

ETA, as this seems to be a recent thing, does that mean the club have to isolate again for another ten days? 

Edited by UAE1929

They were pushing ticket sales on Twitter up until yesterday as well. As you say completely baffled, but seems to be par for the course at the club at the moment. 

Really bizarre. I like to stick up for the club at times but this summer has been really poor on a lot of levels and I can see why some (including myself up to now) haven't renewed.

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

Really bizarre. I like to stick up for the club at times but this summer has been really poor on a lot of levels and I can see why some (including myself up to now) haven't renewed.

I'd hope they come out and clarify what exactly is going on. I noticed in the announcement that they said fans could ring as of Monday to get refunds etc, so assuming staff are still going to be in? 

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

That’s Malky with the worst managerial start in Ross County’s senior history. Well done sir 😂

Is it worse than Cooper’s start?  Either way, Malkkky must go.  

There was absolutely no reason to leave signings this late.  

Obviously I hope that everyone's health is fine and that's the important thing, but f**k me what a disastrous start to the season you lads have had.

Abomination of a managerial appointment, out the league cup without a ball being kicked and behind pretty much every single other team when it comes to pre season which is massive. Grim.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There was absolutely no reason to leave signings this late.  

It was always going to be a risk even without the current situation. In that interview he said that the side who started the season wouldn't be the same side a few weeks later. It was always planned to sign players late on. A very odd strategy, which has now really come back to bite the club on the arse. 

We all went into this summer saying the clubs needs a massive rebuild and we got the start of that when we released all the out of contract players but we have only made 2 permanent signings. We desperately need to sign more players, and not just loanees. 

In that interview he said that the side who started the season wouldn't be the same side a few weeks later. It was always planned to sign players late on. A very odd strategy, which has now really come back to bite the club on the arse. 

Makes no sense at all. How can you expect to sign players after a season has started? We've missed the window now where English teams would still be on holiday so now there's gonna be more teams after the same players.

It's also not as if we are starting our season massively early. The PL down south starts 2 weeks after us so you'd expect all clubs would be up and running with the squads they want around the same time our season starts. The closer the season gets, the greater the worry

6 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

We all went into this summer saying the clubs needs a massive rebuild and we got the start of that when we released all the out of contract players but we have only made 2 permanent signings. We desperately need to sign more players, and not just loanees. 

There’s another point. Who is going to loan a young player to a joke outfit?   It’s entirely up to the manager to get In enough players to make up a squad.  Lucky to get away with a 0-3 forfeit. It’s borderline negligence by the manager.  

Also, f**k loan signings.  How does that develop community?  

3 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

It was always going to be a risk even without the current situation. In that interview he said that the side who started the season wouldn't be the same side a few weeks later. It was always planned to sign players late on. A very odd strategy, which has now really come back to bite the club on the arse. 

I can understand the strategy, to an extent. It's important to sign the right players and it might be later in the window some of them become available. It was a risk though. I don't think you can be too critical of the current situation, assuming all protocols have been followed correctly, but it's deeply unfortunate we went through all of last season with a large squad and no covid issues, to be decimated as soon as we cut it back.

If we get over this, sign up some quality players and have a steady league campaign then the strategy will have paid off. If we end up struggling in the league anyway, then the manager will have even less goodwill than he does at the moment.