The General Ross County Chat Thread

Why on earth would Irvine choose County over both Hibs and Aberdeen, who have both apparently offered him a contract?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why on earth would Irvine choose County over both Hibs and Aberdeen, who have both apparently offered him a contract?

He’s a racist now, too.

edit: he’s a pretty interesting guy.  He’s actually pretty likely to make a move like that for the sake of a challenge.  

Edited by Savage Henry

3 hours ago, silver said:

I do however believe that no one can be vilified for all eternity for past indiscretions.

They can if they never show any remorse, or refuse to apologise/acknowledge that their actions were wrong.

There's lots of players who need binned. And we couldn't be relying on a thirty-something Michael Gardyne to be starting every week. But that's just not how you deal with this situation. Parallels with McIntyre and Scott Boyd (albeit not identical).

23 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I'm rather surprised. I was given to thinking that there might be a post of welding rod counter in chief awaiting for Iain.

He certainly knows a thing of two about burning bridges and to that end he has already done enough to suggest he'll not be plying his trade near Kessock.

All that set aside, Iain Vigurs has been a talented player for a number of years and as a teenager it was obvious right from a pre-season game at clach that he had a thing about him. For him to be cast out in such a fashion is not the action of a self styled family club in the community, rather it is the bidding of an accountant who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I feel sympathy for Iain tonight and I wish him and his family well.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring? The way this week has gone I fully expect to hear the haggis pie has been scrapped and Charlie Christie is joining the coaching staff.

I'm at a loss here. The releases I can understand mostly, but Gardyne & Vigurs would have been easy resignings even as bit-part players. Even that's incidental.

What concerns me more is the ignorance of Mackay's past from a section of our support, and the willingness from others to grant a pass on the basis that the offences were "years ago" without being able to point to anything demonstrating remorse or learning from what happened.

I've had several pints so this may be incoherent rambling, but autocorrect has helped, and I'm gutted.

Goodnight.

Edited by morrison

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Weirdest part of the article is the fact it confirms you never offered Jason Naismith a new contract.

Naismith is a shell of the player that he was in his first spell, but he was still our best defender by a mile.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Naismith is a shell of the player that he was in his first spell, but he was still our best defender by a mile.  

It seems like an absolute no brainer to offer him at least a year, as even if the manager doesn't like him you know you've at least got a top flight quality player there.

Feels very much like County have decided to just rip it all up and start afresh, but have taken it too far.