The General Ross County Chat Thread

If a Ross County fan was caught racially abusing someone they would be banned for life from the stadium, probably. Why should it be any different when it comes to them appointing managers.

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

That quote is an absolute fucking travesty. "We're a progressive club so we don't mind that he was a racist in the past so long as he's not a racist in the future." It's pure sophistry & not very good sophistry at that.

It reeks of an insipid PR line and it can coherently be argued that it is diametrically opposite to what should have been said.

I well remember the end game at Cardiff and the narrative then was that he was ill served by his circumstance with the Malaysian Vincent Tan. Even the BBC gave prominence to protestors with flags with "Tan go home" and the like.

Maybe there is the remnants of how unfair it all was on poor Malky?

6 hours ago, silver said:

I am reminded at this moment in time of John 8:7

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

And you remember Matthew...21-17..

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

If a Ross County fan was caught racially abusing someone they would be banned for life from the stadium, probably. Why should it be any different when it comes to them appointing managers.

This is a good point.  I bet there are lots of football fans that have blurted out stupid horrible stuff they don’t really believe and have found themselves banned from attending games for their actions.

Yet this fucking guy has shown a pattern of behaviour.  It wasn’t a one off.  It wasn’t a misquote or a misunderstanding of what’s the politically correct terminology.  Nor a joke in bad taste or trying to be edgy.  He’s a horrible b*****d.  Has he changed?  Perhaps.  Should he be giving a second chance?  Well maybe.  But if we as a society are willing to give him a second chance, then anyone with a football banning order for racism or sectarianism etc  should be too.  Just as long as they have changed eh. 

This whole saga just reeks of jobs for the boys.  Christ I can mind the 80’s and the monkey chants and bananas throwing at players like Mark Walters from fans.  This feels like such a misstep from County.  Plenty of safer and more qualified options for the management position.

17 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

This is a good point.  I bet there are lots of football fans that have blurted out stupid horrible stuff they don’t really believe and have found themselves banned from attending games for their actions.

Yet this fucking guy has shown a pattern of behaviour.  It wasn’t a one off.  It wasn’t a misquote or a misunderstanding of what’s the politically correct terminology.  Nor a joke in bad taste or trying to be edgy.  He’s a horrible b*****d.  Has he changed?  Perhaps.  Should he be giving a second chance?  Well maybe.  But if we as a society are willing to give him a second chance, then anyone with a football banning order for racism or sectarianism etc  should be too.  Just as long as they have changed eh. 

This whole saga just reeks of jobs for the boys.  Christ I can mind the 80’s and the monkey chants and bananas throwing at players like Mark Walters from fans.  This feels like such a misstep from County.  Plenty of safer and more qualified options for the management position.

David  Martindales been given a second chance 

44 minutes ago, Binos said:

David  Martindales been given a second chance 

And he apologised, had a trial by media and went out of his way to show remorse, guilt and growth. Mackay has done the square root of f**k all to make amends for the shit he said*. He's basically decided to hide from it and hope it goes away and people forget. 

Martindale was punished for his crimes and served his time, Mackay has just magically fell from job to job. If any other person says something like that it'd fall under the Communications Act and they could struggle to get a job. It's the same old boys club mentality that's rife in certain organisations. I'm not even sure Mackay was charged under the 2003 Act which would've carried up to 6 months in prison and/or up to a category 5 fine.

*This doesn't count, it basically amounts to, "I got caught being racist, sexist and homophobic, but I'm not racist, sexist or homophobic though!".

"Mackay apologised at the time for sending three “completely unacceptable” messages during his time as Cardiff City manager and said: “What I said at the time I deeply regret” but insisted “I’m no racist, I’m no sexist, I’m no homophobe, I’m not antisemitic”."

Edited by ATLIS

9 hours ago, Lofarl said:

A second chance? Once again, and I don't know how people aren't getting this, Mackay has already held coaching roles since he left Cardiff as well as an important and well paid SFA role.

There’s no morals in football, so don’t really get the reaction here.  Players try to con the ref, the financial side of football is scandalous at times, managers tell you to cheat, agents....... well could be here all day with them. The list goes on and worse than Malky Mackay have been employed in the game.
Take up golf if you prefer a sport with morals, although occasionally there are cheats at golf too sadly.

Only thing that matters is results, at all costs. That’s the beautiful game for you. 

Edited by big al

11 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Waiting patiently on "law degree" boy to answer this. 

This whole saga has forced me to delete the Twitter app off my phone. Twitter is where nuanced conversations go to die. One corner screaming “RACIST” and “DISGRACE” portraying themselves as the moral arbiter. The other corner just saying second chance without any thought to what you need to demonstrate to get a second chance in that privileged a position (which I think Mackay has failed at even though this isn’t even his first gig since). 
sigh 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Waiting patiently on "law degree" boy to answer this. 

Assuming this is in reference to me and without wanting to reveal my identity on this site by saying who I work for etc I have completed  the diploma in professional legal practice/been in court environments which I think does give me a bias as to assume someone’s innocence rather than assume not.

I think the point the poster makes is a good one which made me think quite a bit about not something I’d not thought about 

3 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Assuming this is in reference to me and without wanting to reveal my identity on this site

imgID78192154.thumb.jpg.b3064c5fe792785c83417d70bc7c3033.jpg

4 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Assuming this is in reference to me and without wanting to reveal my identity on this site by saying who I work for etc I have completed  the diploma in professional legal practice

Nobody gives a f**k mate. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nobody gives a f**k mate. 

It’s clearly rattled you and your random guy mate for some reason. Anyone who doesn’t post historically upping their presence on the forum and just giving them a hard time/mocking them when discussing a serious issue. Nice stuff 

Just now, ScottishZizou said:

It’s clearly rattled you and your random guy mate for some reason. 

Nope, it was just a weird flex. One which your now continuing under the cloak of darkness to avoid being discovered. 

You're posting anonymously on an Internet forum filled with make believers. You're not Bruce Wayne, simmer down. 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Nope, it was just a weird flex. One which your now continuing under the cloak of darkness to avoid being discovered. 

You're posting anonymously on an Internet forum filled with make believers. You're not Bruce Wayne, simmer down. 

It wasn’t intended as a flex. It was intended to provide context as to why I had that stance on a serious issue. I agree I would eye roll if someone else said it, someone posted the Monkman University challenge picture which I accepted and found pretty funny tbh as thought it was a suitable response and p**s take out of me. I enjoyed a lot of the chat yesterday and some posters made me think twice about my positions (as referenced above, different to Twitter). But the aggressive tone of “nobody gives a f***” out of nowhere, ok... great