The General Ross County Chat Thread

19 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I don't think we've had a decent Celtic loanee since Jackson Irvine, so hopefully he is half-decent.

Or will he sit on the bench all year and only come to look pensive and timid?  

39 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Bit harsh like. One was Jamie Lindsay who I would say was a decent Celtic loanee and the other one a keeper who only played 5 times for the club.

I forgot about Lindsay tbf. We had Henderson as well, which was a waste of everyone's time.

SSN saying Josh Reid is speaking to Coventry, but if he does sign would be immediately loaned back to us.

Kid will go with best wishes of course but he’ll be back up here in 3/4 years after a spell of not hearing about him down there. Gives 100% every game but he’s living off 3 good performances at the start of the season and been poorer and poorer since the seasons gone on. Defence looks stronger with him not in it. Of course the kids going to get better and depends on the type of money we’re talking but always good to see the club getting money for a youth product.

First and foremost though, best of luck to the kid.

Just now, Matty-RCFC said:

Kid will go with best wishes of course but he’ll be back up here in 3/4 years after a spell of not hearing about him down there. Gives 100% every game but he’s living off 3 good performances at the start of the season and been poorer and poorer since the seasons gone on. Defence looks stronger with him not in it. Of course the kids going to get better and depends on the type of money we’re talking but always good to see the club getting money for a youth product.

First and foremost though, best of luck to the kid.

Would agree. We're in a dogfight and an expansive attacking full back who is incredibly naïve and gets little protection off the centre halves is a bad mix.

Coventry fans say they tend to go with wing backs, so I think the qualities he has would be better suited to that.

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

That’ll be £50,000 o.n.o then?

Handful of Flumps and a pound mix more like. Have Roy/Stevie figured out you can ask for a sell-on fee yet? Wish him all the best if he goes, would like to see him stay though, especially if we're in the Championship next season and he can get a chance to properly develop.

Glad I turned off the Rangers game at half time, though it sounds like I missed out best spell at the start of the second half.

Edited by Aqy

9 hours ago, Aqy said:

Handful of Flumps and a pound mix more like. Have Roy/Stevie figured out you can ask for a sell-on fee yet? Wish him all the best if he goes, would like to see him stay though, especially if we're in the Championship next season and he can get a chance to properly develop.

Glad I turned off the Rangers game at half time, though it sounds like I missed out best spell at the start of the second half.

Playing soft ball with approaches seems to be a makeweight in contract negotiations.  

You missed Laidlaw and Naismith play some excellent one twos before belting the ball long for nobody in particular to chase.  

We are in a strong position regarding Reid as he is still in contract so should be commanding a decent fee , but I bet we won’t play hard and will just fold at the first hint of money , will be (pleasantly) surprised if it’s 6 figures really hope we will have a sell on Clause too but have my doubts 

5 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

We are in a strong position regarding Reid as he is still in contract so should be commanding a decent fee , but I bet we won’t play hard and will just fold at the first hint of money , will be (pleasantly) surprised if it’s 6 figures really hope we will have a sell on Clause too but have my doubts 

6 figure apparently, with a number of add ons/clauses. In the Record.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/joe-hilton-set-join-ross-23372722

3 hours ago, central staggie said:

Record again, reporting this time that we're after Jordan White from Motherwell. Loan deal.

New striker for ICT FP's

That was inevitable.  And not entirely in a good way.   Another role player.   Why don’t they sign someone who’ll actually improve the starting team?

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That was inevitable.  And not entirely in a good way.   Another role player.   Why don’t they sign someone who’ll actually improve the starting team?

White is not a good striker at this level, I'll be nipped if we sign him tbh.

Bizarre signing, even with Roy's hard 4 incher for former The Caley players, as Savage says, he's not going to improve you, he's Championship at very best.  Even there he struggled for the most part.