The General Ross County Chat Thread

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Sounds like there might be a bit of action on Ross Stewart in the coming weeks, from reading between the lines.

The fact that Kettlewell has been so open about the fact clubs haven't come close to what we want for him, makes me think we are definitely looking at selling him but only for the right price.

He's the most difficult player in our squad to replace and it would hurt us a lot if he left tbh.

16 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

The fact that Kettlewell has been so open about the fact clubs haven't come close to what we want for him, makes me think we are definitely looking at selling him but only for the right price.

He's the most difficult player in our squad to replace and it would hurt us a lot if he left tbh.

Absolutely.  Erwin’s nowhere near as effective through the middle, and far less comfortable wide.

Edited by Savage Henry

31 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I'm not sure about that. Yes he's decent but he's no where near as critical to the team as Boyce was. 

Stewart plays wide left in a front three, he's hardly ever through the middle, I'd have McKay or Erwin going head to head with opposition centre halves before Stewart any day, Stewart isn't strong enough yet and his hold up play is his weakest attribute. Oli Shaw could be our replacement for the wide left berth, he's never been given a chance yet tbh. 

12 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'm not sure about that. Yes he's decent but he's no where near as critical to the team as Boyce was. 

Stewart plays wide left in a front three, he's hardly ever through the middle, I'd have McKay or Erwin going head to head with opposition centre halves before Stewart any day, Stewart isn't strong enough yet and his hold up play is his weakest attribute. Oli Shaw could be our replacement for the wide left berth, he's never been given a chance yet tbh. 

Stewart does the job of two players essentially, he's always the target when we go long, he runs at players, can attack the ball in both boxes and covers so much ground defensively. We lose a lot of options if he goes.  I hope Shaw is up to it because Erwin isn't great in the role Stewart plays.

22 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I’d genuinely forgotten about Oli Shaw.  

4 hours ago, RossC93 said:

We will receive a decent chunk of the fee - £2m+ please.

Considering we didn't get £2m for Boyce, Lindsay, Naismith and Irvine combined...

No doubt we'll take about £400k.

Edited by Comrie

23 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It looks like Erwin is away to St Mirren. No great loss tbh, but you can guarantee he is going to do a Ross Maciver and ping in one from 40 yards next time he is in Dingwall.

We'll take him gladly. We were rumoured to be in for him before he joined Kilmarnock and yourselves . Having seen him with the 'Well , I still think he could do a decent job if he gets playing regularly !

16 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Hahaha, do you think Stubbs was smart enough to include a sell on clause?  We'll no doubt accept some cheap ass offer anyway.

Given that managers are not the folk who deal with things like sell on fees, I'd say he'd have been really clever to insert one. 😂

Our board have apparently negotiated a sell on for him. I heard it was 20% but that's not confirmed anywhere. 

Edited by djchapsticks

very dangerous lettin Erwin go when the Stewart transfer saga is ongoing. I thought he was going to be great when he signed but he's turned out to be very meh tbh, good luck to Lee though hope he does well just not against us.

Any rumoured players coming in? or are we just dealing with what we have?

It may have helped it we didn't insist on playing Erwin out wide, right enough.

Still astonished that he managed to beat the Kilmarnock defence to the rebound for his one goal he scored for us.

10 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It looks like Erwin is away to St Mirren. No great loss tbh, but you can guarantee he is going to do a Ross Maciver and ping in one from 40 yards next time he is in Dingwall.

I’d definitely assume somebody will be coming in.  But yeah, absolutely no great loss.  I wonder if this is a loan or if St Mirren are just buying out his contract?