The General Ross County Chat Thread

I’m just assuming that all the logins won’t work until the test event tomorrow. Celtic put up a tweet just shortly about how’s they’re doing a test event tonight for users to “test their login details” so i’m assuming that’s what ours is going to be tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Apologies, didn’t get an email and also didn’t see a mention of it on the letter.

Clearly a crucial piece of information they realised hadn't been included after the letters had been posted, hence it appearing in the covering email.

Anyone successful yet ?. I’m just getting “Invalid credentials please try again”

not clear on mail to have spaces ?, dashes ? Or whatever as the login ID.

success, lowercase first name dash lowercase surname dash season ticket number

Edited by Flatulent Gannet

1 hour ago, Flatulent Gannet said:

Anyone successful yet ?. I’m just getting “Invalid credentials please try again”

not clear on mail to have spaces ?, dashes ? Or whatever as the login ID.

success, lowercase first name dash lowercase surname dash season ticket number

Thought it wasn't available until 7:30PM?

Disregard that, mine's working fine with the details provided on the e-mail.

Edited by Comrie

Squad numbers are out.  Iacovitti gets 16, Tremarco 3.  Read into that what you want.  Shaw gets 8, Erwin 10.

Other than that, as expected.

That’s Doohan confirmed on a one-year loan, hopefully with a Jackson Irvine like agreement if he’s any good.  

Interested to see how Doohan gets on at a higher level.  Was generally superb for Ayr - question mark for me was around his positioning at times.  If he was in the right place his shot stopping and handling at crosses was spot on but every now and then would be caught in no mans land and end up flapping.  As a young keeper though if he can get that out of his game he has every chance of making it to the top. 

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Interested to see how Doohan gets on at a higher level.  Was generally superb for Ayr - question mark for me was around his positioning at times.  If he was in the right place his shot stopping and handling at crosses was spot on but every now and then would be caught in no mans land and end up flapping.  As a young keeper though if he can get that out of his game he has every chance of making it to the top. 

My only knowledge of him is him refusing to come near a ball floated towards him and Hendry tapping a header in from about a yard out.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My only knowledge of him is him refusing to come near a ball floated towards him and Hendry tapping a header in from about a yard out.

Was that the one just after Muirhead's red card?  Seemed absolutely rooted there but in his defence the centre half had just been sent off seconds before and the midfielder who had dropped back let the ball go right over his head.   But yeah, you want a keeper to come and dominate that situation which is something he needs to learn.  Learn from mistakes etc etc.  

Just now, Hursty said:

Was that the one just after Muirhead's red card?  Seemed absolutely rooted there but in his defence the centre half had just been sent off seconds before and the midfielder who had dropped back let the ball go right over his head.   But yeah, you want a keeper to come and dominate that situation which is something he needs to learn.  Learn from mistakes etc etc.  

No the first one. Wotherspoon loops a cross in from the left that gets caught in the wind. Doohan has an age to come and get it but is planted on his line and doesnt even move as the ball slowly drops for Hendry to plop it in.

Second one he's rooted as the ball goes past him and its nodded in at the back post.

Premiership sides are ruthless if they see a keeper who can't claim crosses.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

No the first one. Wotherspoon loops a cross in from the left that gets caught in the wind. Doohan has an age to come and get it but is planted on his line and doesnt even move as the ball slowly drops for Hendry to plop it in.

Second one he's rooted as the ball goes past him and its nodded in at the back post.

Premiership sides are ruthless if they see a keeper who can't claim crosses.

Ahhh yeah I was on the North Terrace for that one and the ball just seemed to stop in the air.  But again I do agree with you - interested to see how he steps up as the errors will be punished a lot more harshly.  He's already proven to be a top level Championship keeper so I hope he kicks on.  He isn't coming back to Ayr anyway so it will be interesting to compare him to Robbie McCrorie who he seems to share the Scotland u21 jersey with and now both are playing in the top league.  McCrorie certainly the more imposing one physically. 

Watching the Premiership games from this weekend, I can’t help but feel that there needs to be a team that constantly presses and pushes the opposition to make quick decisions and instill abit of nervousness in their players. There aren’t enough players up here with the quality to find a ball in a split second when perused menacingly by an opposition player, rather passing the ball sideways and waiting for a move to be made is the norm.

Just feel that County have the players to adopt a “Leeds” style press against the vast majority of teams in this league, and with the quality we have up top, that would hopefully mean we score more than we have been and start to instill a football ethos by which we could develop our own game over the coming game years. Motherwell are a team who I think could be really hurt by a tenacious attacking side, but what bets Ketts adopts this style?

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

So basically he's a younger Scott Fox, then.

Gotcha.

Went to buy my season ticket at the weekend, that website is an absolute shit show. Had loads of issues getting to the point of entering card details, then it wouldn't accept any of the cards I tried.

Looks like I'll be phoning the shop later, chances of getting the login details before tonight though I'd guess are slim to none.