The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

“Victor Loturi” joining the party. What a laugh the first pre season game is going to be.

According to Wikipedia - yes, I know, but these have all the hallmarks of Derek Adams’ final season signings - he’s the aforementioned William Akio’s brother. 

Hello from Canada. Having watched Loturi and Akio play live for my club in Calgary I can help...

Loturi is a central midfielder by trade, a technically proficient deep lying playmaker. Cavalry have a plethora of defensive minded central midfielders this year, but when everyone is healthy, Loturi has been at the top of the depth chart along with former Hamilton and ICT midfielder Charlie Trafford. IMO his strengths are his passing, technical ability and tackling. He's filled in at RB the last few games and has been incredible defensively getting seemingly every tackle correct, although he doesn't have the pace to be a modern fullback bombing up and down the wings. I wouldn't consider him strong, although he has bulked up significantly since signing as a 17 year old in 2019. Given the physicality of the Scottish Prem I am not sure how well his game would fit in but he has a good skillset.

Akio played as a #9 with Calgary Foothills while in University but has been more of a winger in University and CPL. IMO he's the opposite profile to Loturi, an absolute specimen physically with great pace, but not the best touch or technical abilities. One of the more lethal finishers in the league, but hasn't really had much opportunity in front of goal this year. IMO he'd be a better fit in the Scottish Prem given his profile and physicality. He has a Youtube channel where he breaks down his touches every game if you want to check it out https://www.youtube.com/c/WilliamAkio.

IMO the Canadian Premier League is probably on par with the Scottish Championship, but it's a new league so it's tough to compare the two. Cavalry are one of the better teams in the league so they could likely give someone like Dundee a good fight. Moving to Ross County would be a decent step up but not an insurmountable one. 

7 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Hello from Canada. Having watched Loturi and Akio play live for my club in Calgary I can help...

Loturi is a central midfielder by trade, a technically proficient deep lying playmaker. Cavalry have a plethora of defensive minded central midfielders this year, but when everyone is healthy, Loturi has been at the top of the depth chart along with former Hamilton and ICT midfielder Charlie Trafford. IMO his strengths are his passing, technical ability and tackling. He's filled in at RB the last few games and has been incredible defensively getting seemingly every tackle correct, although he doesn't have the pace to be a modern fullback bombing up and down the wings. I wouldn't consider him strong, although he has bulked up significantly since signing as a 17 year old in 2019. Given the physicality of the Scottish Prem I am not sure how well his game would fit in but he has a good skillset.

Akio played as a #9 with Calgary Foothills while in University but has been more of a winger in University and CPL. IMO he's the opposite profile to Loturi, an absolute specimen physically with great pace, but not the best touch or technical abilities. One of the more lethal finishers in the league, but hasn't really had much opportunity in front of goal this year. IMO he'd be a better fit in the Scottish Prem given his profile and physicality. He has a Youtube channel where he breaks down his touches every game if you want to check it out https://www.youtube.com/c/WilliamAkio.

IMO the Canadian Premier League is probably on par with the Scottish Championship, but it's a new league so it's tough to compare the two. Cavalry are one of the better teams in the league so they could likely give someone like Dundee a good fight. Moving to Ross County would be a decent step up but not an insurmountable one. 

Those videos are surprisingly good.  I like the cut of that man”s jib. 

If we sign dhanda and loturi we would be all but finished in centre midfield I would think , tillson , cancola , callachan, B.Paton , loturi , dhanda , H.Paton??

id say that’s a decent pool with loturi effectively replacing Burroughs (and H.Paton?) and dhanda replacing spittal

Dhanda and Akio excite me the most , Eastwood will come here to be 2nd choice I would have thought given the lack of games he has played in his career , wonder if we tried getting AMB back

also believe we still need a right back as cover/competition Jason Naismith is available…. 

Edited by Rcfc fan

3 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

also believe we still need a right back as cover/competition Jason Naismith is available…. 

I'm on a discord with a couple of Killie fans, both have been very critical of Naismith this season, they think he's considerably worse than all their other full back options.

I'd posted this in the Clach thread, thought it was worth repeating in here too. Apparently it was local neds at night and not from the preseason Elgin match last weekend.

It's terrible that Clach have to put up with such vandalism but it is good to hear that MacGregor and Ross County have been able to help out a nearby club in this way.

Screenshot_2022-06-21-12-34-17-031_com.facebook.katana.jpg