What’s your hopes for your teams season ahead .

I hope we can challenge for promotion (either the playoffs or the title) and I hope we finish with a positive goal difference. It feels like a lifetime since Sons fans last had a team to watch who were challenging at the right end of the table.

I'm not expecting us to win the title, or promotion, but at this stage I'd be really chuffed with a fourth place finish and a +12 goal difference.

Guest AberhillEnd

It's a period of major rebuilding for East Fife so not hoping or expecting too much. 

The fact most clubs have been struggling to get players in shows its not a problem specifically to us. The few we have added shows we are looking for a good balance of youth & experience. We could do with another 2 or 3 more.

If we could get into 3rd or 4th would be good but more expecting 6th or 7th.

I’m hoping the Loons will be challenging for the title without there being a financial powerhouse like last season making an easy job of winning. Realistically I’d like to think we’ll be in a playoff position come the end as I expect Stenny and Annan to be strong and Bonnyrigg are an unknown quantity. As long as we’re not fighting for survival, like every other supporter on here, that scares me, one bad season and you could be gone 😱

I hope that our manager has learned lessons from last season and that we at the very least challenge for the play offs whilst not throwing goals in our net every week. Sadly my expectations remain much lower than that. I hope I'm proved wrong!

Edited by The Moonster

Hoping for (possibly even expecting) a top four finish. I don't see an outstanding title candidate among the 10 clubs and our squad looks as competitive as any other on paper. We seem to have gone for a signing theme of mid 20s with experience in L1 / L2, which is a departure from the last squad he built. Ultimately our success or failure will likely be down to the manager, and the fans understandably have doubts there. But he's done his signing business relatively quickly and I'm fairly satisfied with the balance of the squad, so willing to be cautiously optimistic at this early stage. Ask me again 10 games in. With a lot of the squads looking broadly similar in overall quality at this point, the team who finds form will be the one to stand out. But I can see it being one of those seasons where the league positions change every Saturday throughout the season as no team finds steady form and everyone can beat everyone else.

Guest AberhillEnd
23 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Hoping for (possibly even expecting) a top four finish. I don't see an outstanding title candidate among the 10 clubs and our squad looks as competitive as any other on paper. We seem to have gone for a signing theme of mid 20s with experience in L1 / L2, which is a departure from the last squad he built. Ultimately our success or failure will likely be down to the manager, and the fans understandably have doubts there. But he's done his signing business relatively quickly and I'm fairly satisfied with the balance of the squad, so willing to be cautiously optimistic at this early stage. Ask me again 10 games in. With a lot of the squads looking broadly similar in overall quality at this point, the team who finds form will be the one to stand out. But I can see it being one of those seasons where the league positions change every Saturday throughout the season as no team finds steady form and everyone can beat everyone else.

Sorry, its not obvious what L2 team you support.

34 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I'd love for Wallace to score at least 15 goals this season. 14 of them being against East Fife 

Only 14? McGeever will do that on his own.

I am hoping to be league winners by Christmas… However looking at our very average squad I will settle for 9th and hope at least 1 other club has a disaster of a season. 

Survival. 
Last season was underwhelming.

Nothing to suggest this season is going to be any better.

We’ve lost two of our best players in Muir and Sonkur. 
No replacement for Muir as of yet and only one signed forward in Duffy. The same Duffy that doesn’t want to be playing and is only signed as back up. 

Hamill not really cutting it for me, his recruitment was poor last season, granted he didn’t have much time but, seems to struggling again to attract players. 

On 05/07/2022 at 13:20, negros y blancos said:

Last season I was confident Elgin would be up there so much so I had them on to win the league not even each way.

😳 With Kelty paying those wages😳

Were you the guy who backed Mary-Beth Mormon of BYU to beat Lia Thomas in all those NCAA women's swimming events🤔?

On 05/07/2022 at 23:27, Mattmc said:

Survival. 
Last season was underwhelming.

Nothing to suggest this season is going to be any better.

We’ve lost two of our best players in Muir and Sonkur. 
No replacement for Muir as of yet and only one signed forward in Duffy. The same Duffy that doesn’t want to be playing and is only signed as back up. 

Hamill not really cutting it for me, his recruitment was poor last season, granted he didn’t have much time but, seems to struggling again to attract players. 

I would have liked to retain Sonkur and Muir but hard when bigger money is on offer elsewhere. 

The football in our five matches so far is certainly a lot better than at the beginning of last season, so some grounds for optimism, provided Hamill can strengthen the squad over the next few weeks and cut out some of the defensive errors. But with the money on offer and the need to travel every couple of weeks for home games we are always going to be among the last choices for potential players.