Uganda discovered $12 trillion in gold

P.S. A masterpiece of understatement.

The World Gold Council was asked for comment about the Uganda discovery and the plausibility of its numbers. The Council doesn’t typically comment on media reports of gold discoveries, a spokesperson said, but added: “In the absence of formal ore reserve/resource declarations, we would not expect these ‘discoveries’ to contribute materially to mine supply in the foreseeable future.”

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

P.S. A masterpiece of understatement.

Clearly the Yanks have nicked it all already. It's the only explanation.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Clearly the Yanks have nicked it all already. It's the only explanation.

After some research I think Kiribati is the most likely suspect. Tbh I hadn't heard of it before but it's directly underneath Uganda on the other side of the Earth, so they'd just have to dig a little deeper to get to the gold. They're also expected to be the first nation to be totally destroyed by climate change, so I'd let them keep it, they've got enough on their plate.

Hilarious / unbelievable that anyone could make the OP with that headline. A 30 second think about that figure coupled with a quick Google search would confirm that it could not possibly be anywhere near right but hey ho when you are already through the looking glass (to about the ankles) all sense of perspective goes out the window. Stick to blowing smoke up Putin and the Ruskies arses.

So all I need to do is convinced the UK government that I am an illegal alien, get them to deport me to Rwanda.  Once there I nip across the border and grab some gold - the place must be swimming in the stuff.  Then I'll be rich.

Sounds like a plan.

10 hours ago, steve55 said:

You probably think Epstein killed himself too lol

If you read the evidence of the case (the underfunded, under-staffed shambolic prison, his agitated state of mind, the string of psychologists putting him on suicide watch, his failed suicide attempt a short while before…) only a crackpot conspiracy nut would think it wasn’t a suicide. Of course it could have been a shadowy murder by SPECTRE, The Terrahawks, or one of these other bodies that secretly run the world; it’s always a possibility, but given the evidence it is unlikely. 

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

We're at the point now where I looked at the thread title, saw the poster, and immediately figured, "well, one thing's for sure - Uganda definitely haven't discovered $12 trillion in gold".

Remember that weird period when the nation seemingly forgot that gold was valuable?

Yes. 1997 when the future "Saviour of Capitalism" Gordon Brown flogged off the UK gold reserves on the cheap because he was a twat. 

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Yes. 1997 when the future "Saviour of Capitalism" Gordon Brown flogged off the UK gold reserves on the cheap because he was a twat. 

I think that was right around the time of the whole "Cash 4 Gold" advert boom too. Madness.

5 hours ago, ParsJake said:

Something like this i would think.

The man's a c**t, but there's always room for Jello.