2022/23 Scottish Championship Predictor

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

From one flurry of shite Thistle predictions last week to another this week.

You’ve got to stop getting so offended by people not putting Dundee in 1st place. It really, really doesn’t matter that much.

33 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

One of the best managers in the league though.

I watched a few Inverness games last season.  Tactically, he seems one of the sharpest.  ICT change their game depending on who they are playing, he makes tactical changes that affect the games, and last season, Inverness were the only team that really knew how to play us.  

Edited by ExiledLichtie

On 04/07/2022 at 15:47, eez-eh said:

1. Dundee
2. Partick Thistle
3. Inverness
4. Raith
5. Arbroath
6. Ayr
7. Queens Park
8. Morton
9. Cove
10. Hamilton

Revised:

1. Dundee
2. Partick Thistle
3. Inverness
4. Arbroath
5. Hamilton
6. Raith
7. Queens Park
8. Cove
9. Morton
10. Ayr

With a big gap between 4th and 5th.

1.  Partick     
2. Dundee       
3. Inverness      
4. Arbroath    
5. Queens Park
6. Raith  
7. Morton     
8. Ayr
9. Hamilton
10. Cove

Think it will be between Partick and Dundee. Dundee have the biggest budget and what seems a competent manager so I probably should have picked them but Partick have done a lot of good business this summer and I just have a feeling they will edge it.

Don’t think Inverness will have enough over the course of the season to keep up with those two but they will be comfortably better than the rest. Would surprise me if any of those 3 weren’t in the top 3 at the end of the season.

4-10 could end up in any order, everyone still has some sort of deficiencies in their squad and one or two good quality signings for any of those sides would see them favourites to be best of the rest.

I never feel comfortable with Dundee being favourites in anything. It never usually turns out in our favour. This time round, though, there is a fresh breathe of positivity around the place. A decent mixture of good youth prospects and seasoned pros. Nevertheless, underestimate this league at your peril. 

1. Dundee

2. Partick

3. Inverness

4. Arbroath

5. Raith

6. Queens

7. Morten

8. Hamilton

9. Ayr

10. Cove

Dundee

ICT

Partick

Arbroath

Raith

Queens Park 

Ayr

Cove

Hamilton

Morton

Think the teams 1-4 are the more settled squads with Dundee just shading it, after splashing more cash in January. 

5 to 8 can change around but either (or both) Morton and Hamilton will be relegated. 

Think the Rovers will just miss out on the play-offs again. With us having a new manager and whole new defence.  Will take a while to gel and I think we will struggle to win games to start with. Once we get Lang, Spencer  Vaughan etc back, I could see us climbing the league.

Based on everyone's predictions, the league table looks like this 

1. Dundee
2. Partick Thistle
3. ICT
4. Raith Rovers
5. Arbroath
6. Queen's Park
7. Morton
8. Ayr Utd
9. Cove Rangers
10. Hamilton

Most predicted place for each team

1st  Dundee  (68)
2nd  Partick Th (40)
3rd  ICT (45)
4th Arbroath (27)
5th  Raith (28)
5th  Queen's Park (20)
8th  Morton (22)
9th  Ayr Utd (30)
10th  Cove Rangers (24)
10th  Hamilton (44)

So by far the biggest expectation is that Dundee will be champions, also broadly expected that Partick Th & ICT will be their nearest challengers and Hamilton will finish bottom. Everything else less certain, but Arbroath & Raith most likely to be chasing 4th play off spot and Queen's Park an outside bet for play-offs, the rest trying to avoid relegation. Although, it was mostly the early predictors that put Hamilton bottom, later predictions more likely to have Cove finishing last.

Queen's Park and Arbroath have the honour of being predicted to finish in every position at least once.