2022/23 Scottish Championship Predictor

39 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I can't see how we're going to win the title.  We're definitely weaker than last season.

The league as a whole is weaker at the top end this season with Kilmarnock gone, Arbroath aren’t going to defy the odds again and Raith still in disarray having a rapist draining wages every week. I really don’t get the Dundee love in.

While at the bottom Cove and QP will chuck enough money at it to stay up. Leaving Hamilton marooned in the relegation spot.

1. Queens Park

2. Dundee

3. Inverness Caledonian Thistle

4. Arbroath

5. Cove Rangers

6. Partick Thistle

7. Ayr United

8. Hamilton

9. Raith Rovers

10. Morton

41 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

While at the bottom Cove and QP will chuck enough money at it to stay up.

A strategy that worked out so well for Falkirk and Dunfermline. 

Leaving Hamilton marooned in the relegation spot.

We can certainly hope so. 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Didn't take long for Accies to become relegation favourites in the Championship. Only a few years until it's the same in League One.

And for this as well.

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.7b39160b273080b4978804daff377016.jpg

Based on last season, there being many draws, only one team achieving a win-rate of greater than 50%, and few goals scored; it is Dundee's league to lose, with both the Thistles being their strongest challengers  

Very tight thereafter. 

1. Dundee

2. Inverness Caledonian Thistle

3. Partick Thistle

4. Arbroath

5. Queens Park

6. Cove Rangers

7. Raith Rovers

8. Morton

9. Ayr United

10. Hamilton

The plus side for us is that we have got most of our defensive business sorted before pre-season training began. Above all, we have managed to keep Strapp and probably replaced Hamilton with an equivalent level keeper in Schwake. With continuity in the spine of the team as well, we seem well-organised and have a solid base to build from. I'm therefore less concerned about relegation than this time last season when we were highly likely to stink the place out (which we did until Sir Douglas' arrival).

On the other hand, we are still short of the required quality in midfield and are desperate for a proper centre forward: we're currently much weaker there from last season without Reilly/Ugwu as options. I expect us to add players for both roles - if they're quality additions then I think we could finish top 4, if they're dung, then we could easily struggle around 8th/9th instead. 

I'd expect us to most likely get someone in between given our budget, and so a 7th placed finish for about the 12th time in the past thirty years looks most likely as well. 

Dundee (by default really)

Partick

Inverness

Arbroath

Raith

Queens Park

Morton

Ayr

Cove

Hamilton 

It's clear that Hamilton are in a complete mess but their team always impressed against us last season and I wouldn't rule out even a full team of regens from them holding their own. Like last season I don't expect any team to get cut adrift at the bottom.

Edited by vikingTON

Wow very bleak reading in terms of us, really hits home how obvious the mess we're in is that almost every fan has us rock bottom.

1. Partick Thistle

2. Inverness

3. Dundee

4. Morten

5. Arbroath

6. Cove Rangers

7. Queens Park

8. Accies

9. Ayr

10. Raith

We absolutely need players in or this really has the potential to be a complete disaster. However I think Rankin will do a good job, getting more out of players than Taylor did, so with that bit of positivity, I'll argue for us to survive...Just.