Scottish cup draw

29 minutes ago, Tynie Pecksniff said:

The SFA will contribute a maximum of £600.

That journey and Benburb's journey to Wick will cost I expect in the region of £1000 for a coach, maybe more.  It's definitely a lot better to what I expected as they will receive £6500 if they are put out at Round 2.     I take it the club share half the gate money, which helps towards the travelling expenses.

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

That journey and Benburb's journey to Wick will cost I expect in the region of £1000 for a coach, maybe more.  It's definitely a lot better to what I expected as they will receive £6500 if they are put out at Round 2.     I take it the club share half the gate money, which helps towards the travelling expenses.

I think the SFA take a % of the gate money as it goes towards the overall prize pot.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

I think the SFA take a % of the gate money as it goes towards the overall prize pot.

Unless the rules have changed from last year, they don't take anything until the fourth round (5%, then 10% for the semis/final). See page 180 https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/8291/sfa_handbook-2021-22_digital.pdf

29 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Unless the rules have changed from last year, they don't take anything until the fourth round (5%, then 10% for the semis/final). See page 180 https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/8291/sfa_handbook-2021-22_digital.pdf

Okay, good to know, thanks 👍

3 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Is there some subtle reason for phrasing it that way, rather than just saying 60/40?

Yes.

Home club gets the 20% to cover costs and then the remaining 80% is an equitable split. 

21 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Is there some subtle reason for phrasing it that way, rather than just saying 60/40?

I understand why you and a few others would think this but if you delve a little further you would understand why, with both DRS and FairWeather have stated the reasons above.  To be honest I was a bit skeptical regarding the SFA, thinking they take all the money but NO its not true and I was pleasantly surprised

If it was a straight forward 60% - 40% I would have said but there are also changes that can happen in the future.  There hasn't been a preliminary round before thus there is more teams receiving the SFA license and means more teams to share the spoils.  I think the total amount of money did rise this season, (can someone confirm), but then again so did the number of teams thus the prize money or exit money is spread out further.  This is so embryonic meaning the fundamentals are there but there could change. There's also the implications on neutral grounds. There are payments to the SFA of 5% on all fourth, fifth and sixth rounds ties and 10% for semi final and I think the final and to be honest I find nothing wrong with that. 

I will say I think there maybe changes in the near future with maybe a % coming off in round 3 for the SFA as more teams gain their license and also, I still believe because of so many gaining their license that the SFA will make it harder to get a license in the future.

sfa_handbook-2021-22_digital.pdf (scottishfa.co.uk)  Pages 179 to 182,  (182 (section 35 Alterations and additions to rules) informs you that there could be changes of any kind to make sure the smooth running of the competition continues)

Example of the benefits - a few WOSFL teams experiences in the Scottish cup.
two examples of money gained by two teams, Irvine Meadow, 2nd consecutive year in the Scottish cup and Benburb in their first season in the Scottish cup

If you work it out, Irvine Meadow haven't done too well in the games in the Scottish cup past 2 years, (21/22 round 1 - 22/23 preliminary round), but this year they received a payment of £2200 for exiting at the preliminary round and then the 20% for home expenses/organizing and then the 40% of share of the gate against Hill o Beath Hawthorn and then the return and both ties each teams would receive monies towards their travelling expenses and the season before Irvine Meadow would have received £5000 for reaching round one and then the two home games so monies wise they have done well over the past two seasons.

Then you look at the Bens this year so far
Away to Fort William, Home win against Bluebell and now trip to Wick so before the game against wick they know they are making at least £6500 for reaching round two and then you add in gate monies they have did great for their first time in the Scottish cup. They obviously have to pay out a lot of money for their trips, say about £800 and £1000 but they will receive about £1200 in total of expenses from the SFA.

When you think back to the attitude of most of the clubs in the pre WOSFL regarding licenses and being in the pyramid it was so nonresponsive to say the least but gaining your SFA license is just a total benefit.  You are not gaining the license for a quick fix in the cup but securing your future to progress because hopefully every 4 or 5 years you do well and get a good draw with some luck and reach the later rounds and get a dream draw where the club make money that will cover themselves for 5 years maybe more.  Gaining your SFA license must be seriously looked at by all clubs and if there is a possibility of it working out then look to put it in motion. 

As far as I can see, you can only gain from gaining a SFA license

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
repeated word