Scottish cup draw

20 hours ago, nicotina said:

games i would like to see come out of the hat

bankies v airdrie

cambuslang v rangers   game off as wee rangers players absent 

darvel v kilmarnock

petershill  v rangers    heppy refuses to play against his heroes

st. rochs v celtic   rochs to play in green and white hoops  celtic to play in white and green hoops

to avoid colour clash

Minor snags in your wee dream - Cambuslang, Petershill and St Roch's aren't in the Scottish Cup. But I'm sure you know that. 😉

51 minutes ago, andy25 said:
1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:
Being runner up to a club who had qualified due to their licensed status. Is the place from the SJC not allocated?

No.

48 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Nope. All qualifying spots have to be won.

Was going to say this means the number of entrants is always changing but then it is anyway with the licensing deal. Fair enough. Just thought it would be nice to see Yoker have a bash.

8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Was going to say this means the number of entrants is always changing but then it is anyway with the licensing deal. Fair enough. Just thought it would be nice to see Yoker have a bash.

It would have been lovely to see Yoker get a shot at the Scottish after their efforts last season. It was a constant bugbear of mine from the Junior days that Talbot, Linlithgow, Glenafton, etc won League and Scottish Cup doubles and the extra place just got scrapped. I

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

It’s on Sunday evening 

3 minutes ago, andy25 said:
31 minutes ago, archieb said:
Will the draw for R2 take place on Monday? Or, more likely, be moved to Tuesday because of the funeral?

Tomorrow at 6.00pm.

Thanks, I was sure I read somewhere it was Monday.

Looking forward to todays games and tomorrows draw

Already the WOSFL has Pollok and Auchinleck Talbot in Round 2  woohoooo

Have to admit some really tough games to win for the WOSFL teams with 
Drumchapel up at Nairn today with Kilwinning hosting Tranent and Benburb hosting Dundonald Bluebell

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

5 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Looking forward to todays games and tomorrows draw

Already the WOSFL has Pollok and Auchinleck Talbot in Round 2  woohoooo

Have to admit some really tough games to win for the WOSFL teams with 
Drumchapel up at Nairn today with Kilwinning hosting Tranent and Benburb hosting Dundonald Bluebell

Three great wins there.

Out of the 9 teams from the WOSFL involved in the 1st round Scottish cup, only 1 team didn't get through, and that team was surprisingly Clydebank.  I know the Bankies have been going through a shady start this season, but I did expect them to beat Spartans from the East, well done to the Spartans on a great result.

So the 8 WOSFL going into round 2 draw, (Sunday draw I think) are as follows:

Auchinleck Talbot,
Cumnock Junior,
Darvel,
Kilwinning Rangers,
Pollok,
Benburb,
Drumchapel United,
Glasgow University

Sure they are all looking forward to the draw

That's Glasgow Uni's first ever away win in the Scottish cup which is wild considering they've been SFA members since 19fecknowswhen. Even without that it's an impressive result regardless considering Forres are a mid-table Highland League side.

57 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Out of the 9 teams from the WOSFL involved in the 1st round Scottish cup, only 1 team didn't get through, and that team was surprisingly Clydebank.  I know the Bankies have been going through a shady start this season, but I did expect them to beat Spartans from the East, well done to the Spartans on a great result.

So the 8 WOSFL going into round 2 draw, (Sunday draw I think) are as follows:

Auchinleck Talbot,
Cumnock Junior,
Darvel,
Kilwinning Rangers,
Pollok,
Benburb,
Drumchapel United,
Glasgow University

Sure they are all looking forward to the draw

You expected Bankies to beat Spartans??? What did you base that on?

28 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

You expected Bankies to beat Spartans??? What did you base that on?

The Bankies are still a strong team, just not been playing well since the season started and they were at home against the Spartans but, Yes I thought they might of edged it in a close encounter.  I've not seen the Bankies play this season so was touch n go on who I thought would win but I still felt the bankies would win.  What I thought was wrong and I don't mind admitting I was wrong.  Still great to get 8 teams through to Round 2 out of 9

AND to add to that I never gave Benburb a hope in hell's chance against Dundonald Bluebell who have been flying high in the EOSF Premier league and the Bens ran out with a fantastic 4 . 2 winning result, so wrong again lololol

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread