Todays friendlies scores

Buffs hosted Troon on an all-weather pitch this morning.  I arrived at half-time to be told by Troon supporters that theywere 4 nil up and Buffs were mince.

Second half Buffs scored 2 or 3 without reply from Troon.  Certainly a new style of play with all the new faces in Buffs, they just need some more competitive matches to gel properly.   Troon look stronger and more organised than last season but they still have Daffy Duck squawking at his own players for no good reason.   Bet Buffs, Ardeer, Winton and Meadow are happy to see him in the Troon Squad.

I took a trip to Huntershill to watch two games.

Rossvale Academy 1-4 St Roch's
Rossvale had the better of the early chances and led 1-0 in the first half. St Roch's showed their class in the end and there could've been more goals for both sides if they were a wee bit sharper. The Academy were better than I expected them to be. They'll do well this season.

West Park United 0-2 Glenafton Athletic

Another of Division 4's new boys were beaten by Premier League opposition but played very well themselves and they'll be happy with that. Again, both had chances that could've/should've been converted but like Rossvale, I'd predict West Park to do well if they battle like they did today. Got to see Northern Ireland international Paul Paton play too, he kept things simple but had a good game.

Division 4 is looking tasty!

Buffs hosted Troon on an all-weather pitch this morning.  I arrived at half-time to be told by Troon supporters that theywere 4 nil up and Buffs were mince.
Second half Buffs scored 2 or 3 without reply from Troon.  Certainly a new style of play with all the new faces in Buffs, they just need some more competitive matches to gel properly.   Troon look stronger and more organised than last season but they still have Daffy Duck squawking at his own players for no good reason.   Bet Buffs, Ardeer, Winton and Meadow are happy to see him in the Troon Squad.
Darren Miller?

Kilbirnie 3-3 Greenock, 2 goals from Connor Hamilton on loan from Clydebank in last 5 mins secured a draw for Ladeside in an entertaining game, Young Ross Taylor on loan at Kilbirnie last season from Morton should be joining Talbot this week was telling me at the game, good boy and good player.

11 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Mismatched friendlies thread for this pish. That is a sore one though.

Neither will have learned terribly much. Looks like Wigtown will spend another season at the bottom. 

11 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Drumchapel Utd 1 Glasgow Utd 2

Glasgow United were at one time known as Shettleston Juniors.

And we went home and we had dinner and we went to bed.

Edited by jimbaxters