Andy Goram dies.

16 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Nonsense. 
Nothing  to do with the police.

If Aberdeen play Celtic in a cup final, theoretically those coming from the north east will arrive at the east end of the ground.

Yet Aberdeen are out in the west stand “because Celtic have an end”.

It’s pathetic & is 100% the SFA’s doing 

Same for the Buds.

Celtic end when playing Rangers and Rangers end when playing Celtic. 

In my 55 years of watching football, it had never been any different. 

West end of Hampden is better and not just saying that as a Rangers fan . Been in and used east end for gigs at hampden and when younger for cup semi’s and finals against teams who didn’t take a full half of the stadium allocation.

west end takes you into a built up inner city street with far more shops, pubs, cafes and transport on offer . East end just empties you into a housing area with not a lot there. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So not only do Celtic get their own end, but they get to feel sorry for themselves about it too? 

An absolute gift for them. 

At one point our end was the only side with a roof I believe 

the establishment works in mysterious ways 

795E2048-F51E-4F42-8D15-0E9150739D00.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

1968 the West terracing got covered.

1990 before that happened for the East.

51 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

If we play Hearts at Hampden, we go to the Toryglen end.  If we play Hibs, we are in the Mount Florida end.

There's some kind of unwritten sectarian thing that determines what end teams get at the 'neutral' national stadium.

Aye.

A kafflick & a proddy end.

Sectarian Football Association 

SFA stuck in the dark ages .

49 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I'd remove both roofs and all the seats. I'd dig two big holes for you all to stand in. You can claim any end you like after that.

(I'd fill the holes with water as well)

What a shame. 

I don’t remember the Aberdeen game that has been mentioned a lot, but the Leeds and Holland games showed what a keeper he was. He was lucky, but as Gary Player famously said “the more I practice, the luckier I get”. One of the top 5 Scottish players on my lifetime. 

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

West end of Hampden is better and not just saying that as a Rangers fan . Been in and used east end for gigs at hampden and when younger for cup semi’s and finals against teams who didn’t take a full half of the stadium allocation.

west end takes you into a built up inner city street with far more shops, pubs, cafes and transport on offer . East end just empties you into a housing area with not a lot there. 

Let’s be honest, regardless, Hamdump is a total shitehole. 

21 hours ago, Londonwell said:

According to the man himself, Sir Alex made sure he got one. Not sure how that works but there you go. 

There's an option for club to buy extra medals I believe so yeah, definitely likely that he was granted one.

I have 2 memories of Goram v the Dons. 

One was a cup tie in Dumfries where he was taking dogs' abuse from the travelling support in good humour and bending over for an indecently long time to present his ample rear in retaliation. 

The other is this

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

1968 the West terracing got covered.

1990 before that happened for the East.

1994 I think the newly roofed East Stand opened.

The 'Celtic End' didn't have a roof but it did have a much bigger capacity (somewhat reduced when the rear bank was demolished).

Anyway my first memory of Andy Goram was watching his Scotland debut v East Germany from the also uncovered North Enclosure. 

"Andy, Andy gie us a wave" came the chant from the 'Rangers End', and he duly obliged somewhat sheepishly. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I have 2 memories of Goram v the Dons. 

One was a cup tie in Dumfries where he was taking dogs' abuse from the travelling support in good humour and bending over for an indecently long time to present his ample rear in retaliation. 

The other is this

Two Andy Gorams, as it were 

6 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Nonsense. 
Nothing  to do with the police.

If Aberdeen play Celtic in a cup final, theoretically those coming from the north east will arrive at the east end of the ground.

Yet Aberdeen are out in the west stand “because Celtic have an end”.

It’s pathetic & is 100% the SFA’s doing 

I think you are forgetting the numbers though when was the last time Aberdeen filled half of Hampden? Regardless I don’t agree with it as ‘our’ end is absolutely dire for pre-match and would happy to see us get the other end more for matches.

39 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think you are forgetting the numbers though when was the last time Aberdeen filled half of Hampden? Regardless I don’t agree with it as ‘our’ end is absolutely dire for pre-match and would happy to see us get the other end more for matches.

Did they not get half of hampden in the few cup finals against yourselves over the last 5 or 6 years ?

50 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Did they not get half of hampden in the few cup finals against yourselves over the last 5 or 6 years ?

I think they may have come close under the invincible season now you mention it. Working away with shite internet connection so can’t be arsed Googling.

Edited by gannonball