Cazoo

Has anyone used them?

I'm in the process of getting a new motor and they seem to check out, just buying a car remotely seems inherently wrong.

*And their "Cazoo-yeah you can" advert makes me jealous of deaf people. Definitely points off there

39 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

As a strong Scottish football fan, your snub of cinch means we have found your big team.

Aren't they both owned by the same company?

I see Cazoo do a 7 day money back guarantee, no questions asked. Is there a catch somewhere to stop you just using them as a free car rental, other than forking out the price of the car but getting it back a week later? Sounds daft but car hire rates in Inverness have shot up, £800 a week minimum, so if you could give Cazoo a few thousand for a week and get it all back guaranteed, it could be worth it.

Edited by welshbairn

Has anyone used them?

I'm in the process of getting a new motor and they seem to check out, just buying a car remotely seems inherently wrong.
*And their "Cazoo-yeah you can" advert makes me jealous of deaf people. Definitely points off there
I have used them. Went OK really. Decent car for as good a price as I could find. Was happy enough with their offer for the trade in and the whole thing happens in a very convenient way.

Only negative point was they delayed the car by a week or so, but they did gave me back IIRC 100 notes for the inconvenience.

I have had issues with water ingress through the door seals, but seemingly it's a bit of a known issue with the model of car, and so I don't place the blame on Cazoo for that.

I would use again.

1 hour ago, Ray Patterson said:

No, cinch is owned by the same people that own We Buy Any Car.

Cazoo is a separate company entirely, set up by the guy that started LoveFilm.

When I looked at some motors our cinch overlords seemed ridiculously expensive. Although maybe they just don’t sell shite.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

When I looked at some motors our cinch overlords seemed ridiculously expensive. Although maybe they just don’t sell shite.

They sponsor just about fucking everything. The marketing budget has got to come from somewhere. 

Edited by Michael W

I looked into using cinch. The trade-in price they offer over the Internet, is that guaranteed, or is it knocked down as soon as they come to collect it?

I know their other company We Buy Any Car was notorious for knocking the trade-in price down a fair amount on inspection.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I looked into using cinch. The trade-in price they offer over the Internet, is that guaranteed, or is it knocked down as soon as they come to collect it?

I know their other company We Buy Any Car was notorious for knocking the trade-in price down a fair amount on inspection.

With Cazoo, you send a load of pics of the car in, it tells you what to include in each one. Then they offer you a price. The guy who drops the new car off does a brief check and as long as you havent hidden anything, the price wont change, so you know what you are going to get before you pull the trigger

I used them very recently, thought they were sound, in fact compared to going into a dealership I thought it was feckin great.

I've got a mate who's a car salesman and he couldn't fault the price or any aspect of the sale.

The actual online purchase took some time but mostly on the finance part - IIRC there was a message stating it would take around 15 minutes but it actually took about 45

When we went to collect the car we just wanted to get it and go so we were quite quick but I believe they'd have gone over all aspects of the car if we'd wanted - they take a picture of you beside the car for their records btw

Surprise wee bonus of a goody back in the car with branded brolly, water bottle, air freshener etc.

Thoroughly recommend them.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

• 2 weeks later...

We needed a second car as a run around. Older kids at an age where football, swimming & extra curricular school activities mean managing with just he one car was becoming a massive chore. Especially with a four month old baby.

I'm getting a car delivered from Cinch on Thursday morning. The whole process has been far better then dealing with a salesman at a dealership. I'd definitely recommend.

Cinch do a 14 day guaranteed return so if I don't like the car after a week or so I can just send it back and they'll return my deposit.

Brother used Cazoo for his car, handover went painlessly, although the car devleoped a few fault within a couple of weeks. 
Cazoo arranged for the nearest main dealer of the make to sort them, obviously he would have preferred that it hadn’t been faulty but he said they couldn’t have been better at organising getting everything sorted.