Reserve League

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

There was a reserve league in 2019/20. The problem was that clubs were not required to participate.

Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and St Johnnstone did not take part. And for some reason Livingston were in Reserve League 2.

Yeah, I remember that. Still, Hearts fault apparently for being too old firm. 

40 minutes ago, the west curve said:

I don’t know why it was scrapped just because certain teams did not want it. Far better than colt teams playing against poor teams most weeks. 

When clubs left in 2018-19, the Reserve Leagues continued. Leagues because there were still enough teams for two divisions. It was COVID that ended it in 2019-20. There's since been the struggle to get it back due to a lack of interest mainly claimed due to the financial costs.

3 Lowland Colt teams, this new Reserve League, Stranraer reserves in the SoS, and 7 SPFL clubs in the Lowland Development League. Nearly half the SPFL run a Reserve/Development side this season. Just under different banners.

46 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Hearts fans coming across a bit old firm these days in the way they react to the slightest hint of criticism IMO.

From what I can see the criticism was unfounded and Hearts fans are simply trying to set the record straight.

10 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Did they make you join the Lowland League? Because I think that is your fault.

They left us no alternative, because they refused to restart a reserve league. Now a couple of weeks before the start of the season there’s talk of a reserve league, but nothing concrete. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

They left us no alternative, because they refused to restart a reserve league. Now a couple of weeks before the start of the season there’s talk of a reserve league, but nothing concrete. 

@Melanius Mullarkay

Hearts were publicly asking for a reserve league for a long time. If we were doing that with no intention of taking part in one I'm pretty sure clubs wouldn't be shy in offering that up.

At some point we will have had to make a decision on keeping on players etc so we'd have needed to know where we were playing. You can't offer guys contracts in the hope a reserve league might happen, it's still not even been confirmed.

11 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hearts were publicly asking for a reserve league for a long time. If we were doing that with no intention of taking part in one I'm pretty sure clubs wouldn't be shy in offering that up.

At some point we will have had to make a decision on keeping on players etc so we'd have needed to know where we were playing. You can't offer guys contracts in the hope a reserve league might happen, it's still not even been confirmed.

Nut Hertz ur fibburz 

15 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The Reserve league was suspended for Covid reasons. Now the season is starting with all restrictions lifted. Of course there was going to be a reserve league.

And the reserve league doesn't usually start until mid to late August.

You just wanted to be in with the OF. Levein was dead against the Lowland League btw

“I think with colts teams – I don’t know how it works and I am probably speaking through my backside as usual – but going into the Lowland League and maybe not getting out and staying there for two or three years, does it improve anybody’s development?

Since you can't get promoted from the Lowland League as a Guest Club you are going to be stuck there.

What are the constraints of the colts teams in the LL, is there an age cap, are there over age players, I think I read there was a quota of Scots/non Scots.  Is the Reserve/Development league likely to have age constraints?

14 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The Reserve league was suspended for Covid reasons. Now the season is starting with all restrictions lifted. Of course there was going to be a reserve league.

And the reserve league doesn't usually start until mid to late August.

You just wanted to be in with the OF. Levein was dead against the Lowland League btw

Since you can't get promoted from the Lowland League as a Guest Club you are going to be stuck there.

Jesus, the absolute state of this. 😄

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

What are the constraints of the colts teams in the LL, is there an age cap, are there over age players, I think I read there was a quota of Scots/non Scots.  Is the Reserve/Development league likely to have age constraints?

I don't think there are any restrictions are players for LL. Pay £40K and do whatever you want.

I don't think there were any restrictions for the previous reserve league either. They really should go back to the Development league that pushed U21s with only a few overrage players allowed.

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

you talking about Craig Levein's comments.

Why was he wrong about the Lowland League?

I’m talking about you.

1) HMFC entered in to talks about a reserve league with the back up option of applying to lowland league if it wasn’t organised. 

2) You are totally triggered by HMFC to the point where you think we were lying about wanting a reserve league, because we wanted to be like the Old Firm.

I mean it COULD be the second option I suppose. You never know, mate. 👍

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

I’m talking about you.

1) HMFC entered in to talks about a reserve league with the back up option of applying to lowland league if it wasn’t organised. 

2) You are totally triggered by HMFC to the point where you think we were lying about wanting a reserve league, because we wanted to be like the Old Firm.

Don't  keep saying HMFC, it frightens the Rangers supporters.

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

I’m talking about you.

Yeah mate I am TRIGGERED... you are definitely having a normal one.

Just fyi the reserve league in 2018 wasn't confirmed until July 23

I understand hearts frustration that mandatory participation in Reserve/Development league was scrapped due to OF whining and cheapos like St Johnstone and Aberdeen backing them up.

22 minutes ago, ropy said:

Lots of restrictions. Restriction on number of players over 21, number of games they can play for the first team before being ineligible, and number of players eligible to play for the national team at age groups. Also need to play at a ground in the pyramid.

Get the reserves back up, play against same age kids and older pro,'s -learn the game and then give em a chance in the first team. Admittedly some games I'd seen were stagnant, almost non contact at times, but every spfl club should be able to manage things and bring players through their system. Agree that organisation takes some believing at times with the spfl and SFA both at fault.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Yeah mate I am TRIGGERED... you are definitely having a normal one.

Just fyi the reserve league in 2018 wasn't confirmed until July 23

I understand hearts frustration that mandatory participation in Reserve/Development league was scrapped due to OF whining and cheapos like St Johnstone and Aberdeen backing them up.

You are literally trying to argue that we wanted to join the lowland league instead of having a reserve league, because we wanted to be like the old firm. This is despite us organising meetings and participating in talks to try and get the reserves reinstated. If you were to take the tinted specs off for a second, you would realise that your argument is completely improbable, and based on nothing more than a dislike of HMFC.