Reserve League

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Hearts were lying would be my guess.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-plan-new-b-team-to-compete-with-old-firm-3555636

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-lowland-league-plan-gets-26661874

Club presents entirely consistent and logical position = LIES!

Have a day off.

If anything that backs my point up. Hearts were using the lack of a reserve league as a pretext to getting this team up and running, but then it turns out that there actually is a reserve league. The next step in this "entirely consistent and logical position" would be to withdraw from the Lowland League and play in the reserve league, let's see if they follow up on that.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If anything that backs my point up. Hearts were using the lack of a reserve league as a pretext to getting this team up and running, but then it turns out that there actually is a reserve league. The next step in this "entirely consistent and logical position" would be to withdraw from the Lowland League and play in the reserve league, let's see if they follow up on that.

Aye, Hearts should withdraw from the Lowland League and take our £40k with us. We should leave the fixtures in disarray and join a reserve league that has only just started to be mentioned as a serious proposition… today.

Fair fucks to you Craig, that’s a great idea. 😄

Edited by Kyle Reese

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Fair play to you 😀

“Using it as a pretext”

Wanting to make sure we have somewhere for our young players to make a step up from U18 to the first team is now a nefarious and underhand pursuit. 

The absolute state of Scottish Football these days, when wanting something as widespread and simple as a place for your reserves to play, is viewed with such suspicion. 😄

4 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

“Using it as a pretext”

Wanting to make sure we have somewhere for our young players to make a step up from U18 to the first team is now a nefarious and underhand pursuit. 

The absolute state of Scottish Football these days, when wanting something as widespread and simple as a place for your reserves to play, is viewed with such suspicion. 😄

I wish Hearts would just be straight with us and own up to the fact that they are trying their best to develop their young players.

ADMIT IT!

Budge out imo.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

I wish Hearts would just be straight with us and own up to the fact that they are trying their best to develop their young players.

ADMIT IT!

Budge out imo.

I kinda get it when Hibs fans adopt this vacant churlish position with anything to do with HMFC, but it still boggles my mind somewhat, to see idiots from other clubs’ supports licking their anuses and talking such absolute pish. 🤣

23 minutes ago, the west curve said:

I don’t know why it was scrapped just because certain teams did not want it. Far better than colt teams playing against poor teams most weeks. 

The whole thing is completely amateurish.

The clubs like to hide behind 'the SPFL', but the reality is the calibre of person running clubs in Scotland is absolutely shite, as evidenced by numerous shitshows in recent years and the absolute garbage many of them frequently come out with.

Organisationally our game is laughably poor.

18 minutes ago, the west curve said:

I don’t know why it was scrapped just because certain teams did not want it. Far better than colt teams playing against poor teams most weeks. 

The original one was scrapped about twenty years ago, I think after the collapse of Setanta, and the lack of cash. It was eventually replaced with the development league, but a lot of clubs didn’t really engage with that.

Craig Levein was at United when the original was scrapped, and was outspoken about the need to scrap it because they could not afford it. Years later he would then be talking about how disgraceful it was not having one, when back at Hearts. 😄

The simple fact is, clubs got used to not spending money on having a reserve side, and channeled the cash in to the first team. Now many of them do not want to take that hit to their budgets.

10 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The original one was scrapped about twenty years ago, I think after the collapse of Setanta, and the lack of cash. It was eventually replaced with the development league, but a lot of clubs didn’t really engage with that.

Craig Levein was at United when the original was scrapped, and was outspoken about the need to scrap it because they could not afford it. Years later he would then be talking about how disgraceful it was not having one, when back at Hearts. 😄

The simple fact is, clubs got used to not spending money on having a reserve side, and channeled the cash in to the first team. Now many of them do not want to take that hit to their budgets.

There was a reserve league in 2019/20. The problem was that clubs were not required to participate.

Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and St Johnnstone did not take part. And for some reason Livingston were in Reserve League 2.