The Queen of the South thread

It's mid-season so most coaches are already working elsewhere. It is also Fowler's first managerial post so he can't call upon his trusty number 2 like most managers do.

I'm not panicking, better we get the right man in.

It's interesting. Most people have now written off "dinosaurs" such as Calderwood for young managers such as Fowler, rightly so in my opinion. Where does that leave the Gerry McCabes and Billy Browns of the world?

As Fowler is a rookie the assumption is he needs experience beside him. But if this experience is "old school" and irrelevant then it's of no use. Is the "good cop/bad cop" style a la McCall/Chisholm or Connolly/Scott still relevant?

I know it was said as a joke, but I wasn't dead against the suggestion of McGuffie.

It's mid-season so most coaches are already working elsewhere. It is also Fowler's first managerial post so he can't call upon his trusty number 2 like most managers do.

I'm not panicking, better we get the right man in.

It's interesting. Most people have now written off "dinosaurs" such as Calderwood for young managers such as Fowler, rightly so in my opinion. Where does that leave the Gerry McCabes and Billy Browns of the world?

As Fowler is a rookie the assumption is he needs experience beside him. But if this experience is "old school" and irrelevant then it's of no use. Is the "good cop/bad cop" style a la McCall/Chisholm or Connolly/Scott still relevant?

I know it was said as a joke, but I wasn't dead against the suggestion of McGuffie.

Grant Murray and Peter Houston could both be looking for a job soon.

Depends if he has returned to Scotland full time or not.

St Albans' season starts in April and their pre season will start late January. So you'd only get about 3 mths out of him.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of variety Hawk.

At the moment it's working well so I'd keep Lyle on the bench.

Speaking of Lyle, on Saturday I thought his miss (dragged past post unmarked from about 10 yards) was pretty bad but I haven't seen it mentioned on here or MAD board.

Was it a harder chance than I thought?

Speaking of Lyle, on Saturday I thought his miss (dragged past post unmarked from about 10 yards) was pretty bad but I haven't seen it mentioned on here or MAD board.

Was it a harder chance than I thought?

I think there would be far more talk of it had we not been 3-0 up and cruising! He should certainly have at least tested MacDonald.

Agree senior it was a sitter but fact we were comfy it's went under the radar. Should be finishing it all day long or at least working keeper. Saying that, I also think Baird should have done better with his header in first half.

I haven't, both missed chances, both could have done better. Yet both have played big parts in last two games. So I'm overly not too concerned with that cause at lease were making the chances

I wasn't meaning you specifically qos1990, I just meant QoS fans in general.

Baird is a new signing who's played little football for us, and hadn't done an awful lot in his brief showings prior to the Raith game. I think it's fairly normal that he'll be under extra scrutiny compared with the rest of the largely familiar squad. Kerr and Fowler have seen similar analysis in the not too distant past as new players.

My biggest disappointment in Baird was that he didn't give the impression he was someone who was fighting for a starting place. Particularly up in Kirkcaldy were it really was a backs-to-the-wall "who wants it more" kind of game. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps it was more to do with a lack of match sharpness, and still getting to know his teammates.

As a rule I will always favour ability over work rate (both is nice) and Baird certainly showed his quality on Saturday.

My biggest disappointment in Baird was that he didn't give the impression he was someone who was fighting for a starting place. Particularly up in Kirkcaldy were it really was a backs-to-the-wall "who wants it more" kind of game.

It only became that kind of game for the last half hour, prior to that we were well on top. Baird was subbed off on 73 minutes when Holt was red carded, the removal of a forward at that point being inevitable and Lyle had only just come on.

It only became that kind of game for the last half hour, prior to that we were well on top. Baird was subbed off on 73 minutes when Holt was red carded, the removal of a forward at that point being inevitable and Lyle had only just come on.

True. I'd still be expecting a player with a point to prove to put more of a shift in away from home against a former club. Most of the fans around me were annoyed that it was Reilly that got hooked rather than Baird.

It's probably not a good idea trying to read much from that match though, it was just one of those crazy games you get now and again. Russell was terrible for most of it but ended up being involved in nearly all of the main incidents.

Dundee poster on here (Harry94) said he overheard a conversation about us being after Kevin Holt. No clue if there's any truth in it, but I just wanted to know what he's like as a LB? Can he go far? Is he any good etc?

Dundee poster on here (Harry94) said he overheard a conversation about us being after Kevin Holt. No clue if there's any truth in it, but I just wanted to know what he's like as a LB? Can he go far? Is he any good etc?

Excellent at left back. Likes to get

forward a lot. Odd rush of blood to head that results in a red card

He's pish, you'd be wasting your time and money on him. :ph34r: