The Queen of the South thread

Any one heard any news on the assistant, was a nice spread yesterday in the record about James Fowler and he was saying how Mixu and Kenny Sheils were big influneces, first thing i though was that maybe he might be waiting on Kenny Shiels to accept the job?

Any one no what Mixu pattelinan (sorry for spelling) is doing ?

Kenny Shiels has not long taken up a job in some SFA youth setup. Mixu was most recently coaching the Finnish national side. Bit of a step down to being assistant at Queens! Stranger things have happened though.

Any one heard any news on the assistant, was a nice spread yesterday in the record about James Fowler and he was saying how Mixu and Kenny Sheils were big influneces, first thing i though was that maybe he might be waiting on Kenny Shiels to accept the job?

Any one no what Mixu pattelinan (sorry for spelling) is doing ?

Mixu is still the Finland national team coach noticed him last night celebrating Finlands equalising goal.

Anyone know how long the kiltie boy is out for? Had heard grumbles on Friday he was being sent back to Kilmarnock. McKenna playing for reserves tomorrow is the talk also I've heard.. Fingers crossed

Killie was only on a months loan anyway I think shame the boy has been injured. Good news if McKenna is on his way back.

It up to Fowler now to get his number 2.It has to be someone Fowler wants.Off topic does anyone think Queens should appeal the Holt sending off ?.For me it was not dangerous just a bit late he got a bit of the ball.30 seconds before he wins the ball.A booking but a sending off not for me.

Defo shouldn't for me, when I first seen it I thought it was a straight red and on sat when I was playing football the referee just happened to be the linesman that got him sent off, he showed me a picture and it looked bad. Not much protest from the players either apart from Russell.

Noticed Partick thistle have signed another centre back, local lad muirhead will be getting further down the pecking order, would he be a good loan signing for QoS or are we really needing a defending full back?

Going along to Palmerston today to watch training and meet the players.

Noticed Partick thistle have signed another centre back, local lad muirhead will be getting further down the pecking order, would he be a good loan signing for QoS or are we really needing a defending full back?

Good shout. Can see Higgins and Muirhead gelling really well together ;)

I'm sure him and Higgins would get along swimmingly :-)

Noticed Ryan McGuffie played for Gretna on Saturday, would have thought he could still have done a job at full back in the short term.

I would disagree in the short term, it was only just over a season ago he was playing in centre midfield for queens, so I am sure he could fill in at full back, look at the other options currently available, I know who I would rely on

I thought McGuffie was manager of a club in Australia?

He was across for his court appearance and perhaps they have a winter shutdown.

Assistant manager at St Albans Saints in Victoria. The league season finished last month.

Manager at St Albans as Toby Patterson left and Guff took over

When did that happen?

Edit to add: just googled it, the manager and his son were sacked after threatening an opponent (allegedly)

Edited link

Edited by Swarley