The Queen of the South thread

Please refresh before posting :P

Barry Donald. Sure that was his name. Can remember we played Morton away midweek and he shouted up at me and my mate to see if we could get him a game, we started singing "We want Barry" :lol: Cringe.

ETA. Some midfielder called Summit McDonald? Signed but never played due to injury.

Edited by 19QOS19

ETA. Some midfielder called Summit McDonald? Signed but never played due to injury.

That was a shame. He was at his peak of his game at that point. It was all downhill for him after that...

I remember him as well, just not his first name, spoke to him at some junior blues meet the players day.

That was a shame. He was at his peak of his game at that point. It was all downhill for him after that...

What was his first name? I can recall being excited about his signing then naturally left very disappointed.

Please refresh before posting :P

Barry Donald. Sure that was his name. Can remember we played Morton away midweek and he shouted up at me and my mate to see if we could get him a game, we started singing "We want Barry" :lol: Cringe.

Have updated the full list with a number of correct suggestions over the past few posts. Too many for me to quote at the moment.

Billy McDonald you are thinking off but he was an Iain Scott signing.

In any event, the 88 is a list of players who got on the pitch in a first team game. It doesn't include the likes of Craig Coates and Stuart Heppell who never did.

Have updated the full list with a number of correct suggestions over the past few posts. Too many for me to quote at the moment.

Billy McDonald you are thinking off but he was an Iain Scott signing.

In any event, the 88 is a list of players who got on the pitch in a first team game. It doesn't include the likes of Craig Coates and Stuart Heppell who never did.

Cheers :thumsup2

Colin Scott? Or was he later?

No 34

Ross Campbell? Donkey striker that played a few games for us, but not sure if he was later on.

Who? I don't recall a Ross Campbell.

EDIT - You thinking of Robert Campbell, a donkey striker on loan from Dundee United who played a few games under Chisholm in the Cup Final season but was generally forgotten about as he was cup tied and couldn't play in the final?

Anderson? Norrie???

Norrie Anderson is way before Connolly. Derek Anderson already named.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Who? I don't recall a Ross Campbell.

Definitely remember a Campbell playing for us. Blonde haired guy, a bit tall, played up front. Sure he was called Ross but may be wrong on that front. I can't mind who brought him in but can remember him, for being p*sh tbh. He wasn't around for long.

Full list: I'll update the post and requote as it's filled in correctly.

1. David Mathieson

2. Paddy Atkinson

3. Sandy Hodge

4. Andy Aitken

6. Jon Sunderland

7. Dennis Boyle

8. Tony Nelson

9. Peter Weatherson

10. Warren Hawke

12. Phil Nixon

15. Steve Pickering

19. Steve Preen

23. Jarrod Suddick

26. Paul Kinnaird

27. Gerry Creaney

28. Des McKeown

30. John O'Neill

33. Mark Angel

34. Colin Scott

38. Jamie Campbell

39. Graeme Armstrong

41. Willie Gibson

42. Alan Gray

43. Jim Thomson

44. Jon Crawford

47. Stuart Connolly

49. Derek Allan

50. Craig Feroz

51. Joe McAlpine

55. Allan Moore

56. George O'Boyle

57. Barry Donald

60. Derek Anderson

61. Steve Bowey

62. Derek Lyle

65. Sean O'Connor

66. Stuart Dawson

67. Andy Goram

68. Eric Paton

69. Brian McLaughlin

70. Brian McColligan

71. Paul Shields

72. Robbie Neilson

74. Stuart Robertson

77. Paul Burns

78. John Dodds

79. David Bagan

80. Alex Burke

82. Brian Reid

83. Paul Talbot

84. Emilio Jaconelli

85. Kris Robertson

86. Paul McMullan

87. Stephen Payne

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Wrong Anderson.

Norrie played for Nobby Clarke's 1986 promotion team.

Don't think he did. Norrie was a bit later. He played in the first division after we'd been promoted and Clark had gone.

There was a much earlier dark haired Campbell who played up front. I remember a goal of his at Cappielow. That was about 94/95 though.

Duncan Campbell but he was a regular and that's too far back for 19QOS19 to go.

Definitely remember a Campbell playing for us. Blonde haired guy, a bit tall, played up front. Sure he was called Ross but may be wrong on that front. I can't mind who brought him in but can remember him, for being p*sh tbh. He wasn't around for long.

See my edit to earlier post. I think you are on Robert Campbell. He was tall and fair haired. Cup Final season.

What was his first name? I can recall being excited about his signing then naturally left very disappointed.

Munro?

Robbie Neilson is a belter. I'm sure we had somebody else from Hearts at that time as well. Not Jamie Mole he was later.

Anyway, how about Stephen Mallan?