The Queen of the South thread

I agree that this guy is not the man to take us forward but don't care knows as I dont keep my anonymity secret. Let me tell you that a lot of you that are some of the most critical of the club are well known . Yes , those in the teaching , financial professions who guard their anonymity are not anonymous at all. Just thought I would tell you and those concerned will know who I mean.

Fud Alert !!!!!

I agree that this guy is not the man to take us forward but don't care knows as I dont keep my anonymity secret. Let me tell you that a lot of you that are some of the most critical of the club are well known . Yes , those in the teaching , financial professions who guard their anonymity are not anonymous at all. Just thought I would tell you and those concerned will know who I mean.

I'm struggling to understand the point of this post. Is it a warning? A threat? Should critical Queens fans be changing their I.P address to avoid being tracked by the Palmerston assassins?

Edited by Chupacabra

I'm struggling to understand the point of this post. Is it a warning? A threat? Should critical Queens fans be changing their I.P address to avoid being tracked by the Palmerston assassins?

I think most folk will have a dynamic IP address, which will make tracking anyone difficult, unless of course you are a spook.

Still, I would like to think there is an element of espionage at play here. I will be sitting on the bench outside of the mid steeple next Saturday, wearing a trench coat and trilby.

Identify yourself by saying: "The geese fly low over the Russian Steppes".

I will respond by saying: "Yes, comrade. The red fox will feast before the week is out".

We can then swap the names and addresses of the dissidents and give them to our respective paymasters.

Wha, ha, ha!

Edited by qos_75

Should we go down the part-time route next season (which looks a certainty) i hope the BOD aren't budgeting on crowds of anything over 1000 because at £17 a game - the already pissed off Dumfriesshire public certainly aren't going to turn up in decent numbers!

Still too expensive and part-time would not be an option.

I think most folk will have a dynamic IP address, which will make tracking anyone difficult, unless of course you are a spook.

Still, I would like to think there is an element of espionage at play here. I will be sitting on the bench outside of the mid steeple next Saturday, wearing a trench coat and trilby.

Identify yourself by saying: "The geese fly low over the Russian Steppes".

I will respond by saying: "Yes, comrade. The red fox will feast before the week is out".

We can then swap the names and addresses of the dissidents and give them to our respective paymasters.

Wha, ha, ha!

Haha brilliant.

Manager and Assistant both on two year contracts I believe. How the BOD must regret that decision as it could cost quite a bit if they were to get rid of them. Weigh that up against possible losses if we don't stay up for next season and it may be money well spent. Still a lot of games to be played I know but if tactics don't change I'm beginning to think that 7th or 8th will be considered a success. Volunteers, probably not in short supply, could always come forward to man the collection buckets for "The McIntyre Severance Package", not a charity as such but, if enough cash is raised, it could be used to ease the tension and depression being felt by many.

Anybody else feeling a bit torn over the transfer window? On the one hand I feel an injection of fresh blood would do the team good and we are short in a few positions. On the other hand it's mcintyre picking the potential new players! Im also worried if some players need to leave in order for new ones to come in that the wrong ones will be moved on.

Anybody else feeling a bit torn over the transfer window? On the one hand I feel an injection of fresh blood would do the team good and we are short in a few positions. On the other hand it's mcintyre picking the potential new players! Im also worried if some players need to leave in order for new ones to come in that the wrong ones will be moved on.

Exactly this. Why should the board back a manager who had proven he neither has an eye for a player, or the ability to get the best out one.

Exactly this. Why should the board back a manager who had proven he neither has an eye for a player, or the ability to get the best out one.

Don't get all the negativity towards McIntyre's signings. Yes Antell has been horrific, but I wouldn't exactly say Dowie, Dzierzawski and Clark have been bad at all. There isn't anything spectacular about Dowie, but he is a competent enough defender. Young Kev has a great range of passing and is still adjusting to the game here but has shown he can be a very good player here. Zander Clark has been absolutely fine. Hes a really good shot stopper who has good handling and is very agile for someone so big. His distribution isn't bad either. I agree though he can't seem to get the best out of certain players. Whether its down to formations, or whether they don't like his style is open to debate. The prime example being the case of Carmichael. His worst game last season was probably still miles better than his best performance this season, so have no idea what is wrong with him. Those who say he can't hack it in this league are wrong, as I have seen him tear the Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Rangers full backs to shreds over the past few years.

Antell - terrible

Dowie - all right, but not better than Durnan, but went straight into the team. After the Durnan/Higgins combo was finally picked and did well, Dowie was then suddenly preferred to Higgins. Anyway, Dowie was signed when what we really needed was a keeper. So, wrong decision to sign him and wrong decision to play him in preference to either Durnan or Higgins.

Kev D - can hit decent 30-40 yard passes. But, then, so can any footballer when there is nobody near them (bar Jim Thomson). Not good enough.

Clark - not great, but looks good compared to what we became used to. Wouldn't have been needed if we'd signed a decent keeper 4 months earlier.

McShane (given an extended contract by McIntyre) - not good enough.

Of all the signings, I'd say only Dowie is good enough for this level and he wasn't needed.

I agree though he can't seem to get the best out of certain players. Whether its down to formations, or whether they don't like his style is open to debate. The prime example being the case of Carmichael. His worst game last season was probably still miles better than his best performance this season, so have no idea what is wrong with him. Those who say he can't hack it in this league are wrong, as I have seen him tear the Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Rangers full backs to shreds over the past few years.

It's surprising indeed, especially when you consider that McIntyre's Dunfermline side was noted for it's reliance on width. He was obviously able to construct a team that brought out the best in not just Willie Gibson but Joe Cardle as well, so how come he can't get Carmichael firing on all cylinders is a bit of a mystery. Equally, Paton has only performed in fits and starts, and I maintain that Russell should only ever be used as an out-and-out central striker - he's not a wide man.